The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Jan 20, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #556 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertInTheShape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know this is somewhere between the 60 pages here, but does he take paypal? and how quick is the shipping overall?
thanks....

Your first question is answered in the original post, and your second one is answered in every other post in the thread, I believe. The answers being "yes, but with a hilarious fee", and "surprisingly fast", respectively.

Jan 20, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #557 of 917
really, i didnt see any of the answers on the 10+ pages that i looked on so i gave up. that's why i asked the question again. still?? how much are we talking and i'd like to hear whatexactly QUOTE-suprisingly fast" means....i mean, was it suprising that it took 3 months "suprisingly fast" or next-day air suprisingly fast.mmmkayyy...dood.

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #558 of 917
It is $165 paypal fees (non credit card) and shipping included, $150 if you send cash but someone sent cash once that got lost.

Just email Jan Meier first at meier-audio-noncc@t-online.de to reserve one, then pay to that address via paypal from bank account or paypal balance when he responds.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #559 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by goodluck4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought DT990pro just now. The adequate volume turns under 90degree on High current mode. I feel its full volume is 4 times larger than the adequate.

Do you think that the Headsix would drive the DT880 without loosing SQ?

I tend to listen at loud volume and I'm a big fan of Heavy-Metal.

Thank you.

Patrick

Jan 21, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #560 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertInTheShape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really, i didnt see any of the answers on the 10+ pages that i looked on so i gave up. that's why i asked the question again. still?? how much are we talking and i'd like to hear whatexactly QUOTE-suprisingly fast" means....i mean, was it suprising that it took 3 months "suprisingly fast" or next-day air suprisingly fast.mmmkayyy...dood.

Seriously read the 1st post. From the 1st line to the last line and you will see that he clearly mentions Paypal and fees.
wink.gif
You don't even need to read the 2nd post on page 1... lol

I got my Headsix Thursday, paid by Paypal. Took less then 2 weeks to get from Germany to Montreal Canada.

Jan 21, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #562 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by roge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my Headsix Thursday, paid by Paypal. Took less then 2 weeks to get from Germany to Montreal Canada.

That seems kinda slow. It took about... 5 days to reach my place in California, USA. I was pleasantly surprised on how fast shipping was!

Jan 21, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #563 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you.

Patrick

I think It is a little problem on listening at so loud volume due to slightly distortion. (DT990pro with the Headsix)
I guess that the headsix is good with Jazz than Heavy-Metal.
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #564 of 917
Quote:

Thank you.

Patrick

My Headsix drives my Beyerdynamic DT250 (250 ohm version) to an extremely ear shattering volume at around 3pm with no SQ Loss. I think when you start getting to around 5 oclock position is when it starts to distort but that's suicide IMO. And I tend to listen to all my phones LOUD normally.

Edit: And this is when listening to bands such as Nevermore, Otep, Dimmy Borgir, etc.

Jan 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #565 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Headsix drives my Beyerdynamic DT250 (250 ohm version) to an extremely ear shattering volume at around 3pm with no SQ Loss. I think when you start getting to around 5 oclock position is when it starts to distort but that's suicide IMO. And I tend to listen to all my phones LOUD normally.

Edit: And this is when listening to bands such as Nevermore, Otep, Dimmy Borgir, etc.

Perhaps the DT250 are easier to drive than the DT880/990 ? (Even if they are all rated at 250 ohms.)

Also, since I will only use it on the battery mode, I presume that I will have to use a fully charged battery all the time to avoid a lost of SQ ?

I'm starting to think that I should probably wait for the release of the new Corda Move. (Apparantly in February.)

It's going to be my only amp and I want it to be pefect. (I currently have the Airhead and I don't like it.)

Patrick

P.S I'm also a big fan of Opeth, Nevermore and Dimmu Borgir
icon10.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #566 of 917
Quote:

Perhaps the DT250 are easier to drive than the DT880/990 ? (Even if they are all rated at 250 ohms.)

Also, since I will only use it on the battery mode, I presume that I will have to use a fully charged battery all the time to avoid a lost of SQ ?

I'm starting to think that I should probably wait for the release of the new Corda Move. (Apparantly in February.)

It's going to be my only amp and I want it to be pefect. (I currently have the Airhead and I don't like it.)

Patrick

P.S I'm also a big fan of Opeth, Nevermore and Dimmu Borgir
icon10.gif

I have no idea if the DT250 is easier to drive then the DT880/990. As to battery, I really have no idea how long it really lasts. I use a IPowerUS 500 mAh recharhable battery. I pretty much just charge it once every weekend and never run outta juice through the rest of the week. I probably listen to my iPod with Headsix through LOD roughly 30-40 hours a week total.

I'm sure the new Corda Move should be great. There are so many portable amp/DAC combos coming out, I'm just waiting to see how they all stack against each other. Besides the expensive Pico and Predator, the Practical Devices XM5 and Go-Vibe Petite just came out and just around the cornor there is the Ibasso D2 and new Corda Move. It's a great year to be a portable audiophile.

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #567 of 917
Is this still available? I PM'd Jan Meier with no reply. Am I doing it wrong?

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #568 of 917
To order one, you have to go follow the directions in the 1st post of this thread and email him (which is also in the first post of the thread).

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #569 of 917
Oops, yeah, just saw it..my bad.

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #570 of 917
Go for it, it will be the best $165.00 USD you spend so far this year, I got one, and it works great, especially if you use a high-powered headphone out phone or line out with it.

Plus, Jan Meier will make 100% sure that you are absolutely happy with your purchase, ask any of us current Headsix users or any other Corda model owners. And that customer service starts from the very day you place your order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back