The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Jan 23, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #571 of 917
I like this little guy. Would it pair well with some Audio Technica ATH-AD700's???

Plus I would like to help the forum out as I've been a lurker..
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #572 of 917
I think it would make the AD700 bass sound fuller with more texture
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #573 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by aZn_plyR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it would make the AD700 bass sound fuller with more texture
smily_headphones1.gif

I took a bite on a cMoy amp for now...If I don't like it I'll sell it and get this! =)

Jan 23, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #574 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go for it, it will be the best $165.00 USD you spend so far this year, I got one, and it works great, especially if you use a high-powered headphone out phone or line out with it.

Plus, Jan Meier will make 100% sure that you are absolutely happy with your purchase, ask any of us current Headsix users or any other Corda model owners. And that customer service starts from the very day you place your order.

Either I'm special or maybe they're sold out. Sent an email several days ago to the address in the first post inquiring about the amp - no reply.

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #575 of 917
Will the Headsix be able to drive PK1s like they're supposed to?

Jan 24, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #576 of 917
Got my Headsix this morning. Amazing! Totally amazing! The bass in my er-4p's is now like a kicking mule! And all the beautiful shimmering ety treble (that define these IEM's) is still there! My amp/IEM quest is now over!

Thanks Jan.

Jan 25, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #577 of 917
I'm curious to see if the owners of 250/300 ohms headphones are still happy with the Headsix, especially the owners of DT880/990 ?

Is their a difference of SQ/Power if you run the amp only with batteries ?

I have finally order this amp today and my DT880 are anxiously waiting
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Patrick

Jan 25, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #578 of 917
Hello all, lurk mode off. I was not home when Canada Post dropped mine off, so I had to wait 24 hours to check it out. Well it has been running and getting sweeter every day. I have used my Sansa and IPOD with LOD (also bought from Dr. Meier) and am very impressed. I seem to be finding that my music is getting farther away from my headphones (FI5pro) and lots more detail. Hurry up and get yours before they are all gone. If you are using an IPOD I suggest getting the Qables line out dock at the same time. Well worth it, the PA2V2 is a great stepping stone, but the Headsix .....

B
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #579 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeboy999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Hurry up and get yours before they are all gone. If you are using an IPOD I suggest getting the Qables line out dock at the same time. Well worth it, the PA2V2 is a great stepping stone, but the Headsix .....

B
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmmph. I would like to consider it, but still no reply since Monday, 1/21/08. Is he on vacation perhaps?

Jan 25, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #580 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmph. I would like to consider it, but still no reply since Monday, 1/21/08. Is he on vacation perhaps?

I would try again and check to be sure his email is correct. Dr. Meier is very good about responding. Even if the Headsix were sold out, he would let you know.

Jan 25, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #582 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my Headsix this morning. Amazing! Totally amazing! The bass in my er-4p's is now like a kicking mule! And all the beautiful shimmering ety treble (that define these IEM's) is still there! My amp/IEM quest is now over!

Thanks Jan.

It's great to know that the Headsix is great match with the er4p.

Do you have the er4p to er4s cable? I'm wondering if I should buy this cable to improve the sound?

Thanks

Patrick

Jan 25, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #583 of 917
Erm no I dont, I am waiting for the er-4s Apuresound recable. I have just set the amp to the low gain setting which I am told has a similar effect. It has bought a new clarity and improved soundstage (these were great to begin with). After a day of pretty hardcore use the bass is filling out more and there is an increasing warmth to it. I have been searching for this sound for a while! i'll let you know how the apuresound cable sounds when i recieve it. but i think for microphonic reduction and build alone its worth the price. This amp really is great.

P.S. My friend was using it today with his grado SR80's and he is a convert! Loved it!

Jan 25, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #584 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm no I dont, I am waiting for the er-4s Apuresound recable. I have just set the amp to the low gain setting which I am told has a similar effect. It has bought a new clarity and improved soundstage (these were great to begin with). After a day of pretty hardcore use the bass is filling out more and there is an increasing warmth to it. I have been searching for this sound for a while! i'll let you know how the apuresound cable sounds when i recieve it. but i think for microphonic reduction and build alone its worth the price. This amp really is great.

P.S. My friend was using it today with his grado SR80's and he is a convert! Loved it!

Thanks Mark. I will probably purchase the erp4 to er4s cable.

If this little amp is also able to dribe my Beyer DT880, I think I'll be in paradise
smily_headphones1.gif

Patrick

Jan 26, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #585 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by wmbow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would try again and check to be sure his email is correct. Dr. Meier is very good about responding. Even if the Headsix were sold out, he would let you know.

Yep, he did reply - may have been a wrong email on first effort. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back