The Headphone Driver Pics Thread
Sep 26, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #451 of 2,217

"FIIL Wireless" Headphones. 

Hmm.. seems to be a similar confiuration (notice the 3 larger baffle vents in the background) and perhaps even the same driver as the Onkyo ES-HF300

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #452 of 2,217
Hmm.. seems to be a similar confiuration (notice the 3 larger baffle vents in the background) and perhaps even the same driver as the Onkyo ES-HF300
[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Ah, interesting. They are probably the same.
They sound pretty great though for a Wireless Headphone, of course it's all just DSP.

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #453 of 2,217
Nothing new, just some new shots of RP18 Kapton and Wega DSH500.
I feel like I havn't done a lot of these justice with my previous photography, so it's time to step up my game.

Check out the texture on that (I would recommend opening it to full size)

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #454 of 2,217
Lasmex H120

Pads are magnetically mounted. This thing has great texture in the lows.
Can just sit back and lose myself in the laid back sound, with some surprisingly  good spatial stuff going on.
Ignore the mod trials with Sorbothane.
Only thing is every single time I put them on I need to polish off fingerprints with an eyeglass cloth I got somewhere.
 The square on the back pushed it over the edge Ii think I like it without that direct sorb square, better to keep the laid back yet detailed sound.

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #455 of 2,217
  Lasmex H120

Pads are magnetically mounted. This thing has great texture in the lows.
Can just sit back and lose myself in the laid back sound, with some surprisingly  good spatial stuff going on.
Ignore the mod trials with Sorbothane.
Only thing is every single time I put them on I need to polish off fingerprints with an eyeglass cloth I got somewhere.
 The square on the back pushed it over the edge Ii think I like it without that direct sorb square, better to keep the laid back yet detailed sound.

What kind of material do you think it is? Does most driver uses mylar driver from what I read in Audioquest site?

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #456 of 2,217
  Nothing new, just some new shots of RP18 Kapton and Wega DSH500.
I feel like I havn't done a lot of these justice with my previous photography, so it's time to step up my game.

Check out the texture on that (I would recommend opening it to full size)

Is that a speaker driver or headphone driver? The one with weird surface

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #457 of 2,217
Interested to know too cuz it seems like a abused speaker driver 
tongue.gif

Nov 20, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #458 of 2,217

Is that a speaker driver or headphone driver? The one with weird surface

That is a headphone driver. I think it's about 40mm in diameter. 
It is palladium-coated hence, the silver colour. 
Both drivers are almost completely consistent, but I thought it would be more interesting to highlight the imperfection.

You may find this interesting: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/420490/show-us-your-vintage-headphones/1050#post_10231611

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #463 of 2,217
Dec 13, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #464 of 2,217
Heck yeah good to finally see that driver. I assume you were going in to replace the foam layer? Parts can still be had I think.
They still sell them last I checked anyhow.

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #465 of 2,217
  Heck yeah good to finally see that driver. I assume you were going in to replace the foam layer? Parts can still be had I think.
They still sell them last I checked anyhow.

I replaced the Driver foam with a thin Cloth covering. 
If I get an AMT or ERGO 2 in the future, I'll spend some time making custom Memory-Foam pieces for the sides, those side foam slits didn't seem to make any difference to the sound after the ERGO was properly set at the "ideal" listening position, they only seemed to function as support, IMO.  
I think it's better to not have those foam slits as they are nasty and break-down very easily, I really want to make those custom Memory-Foam slits upholstered with Alcantara, good excuse to buy the AMT.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back