The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread
Mar 19, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #271 of 869
i love reading this thread..keeps my confidence up until my Grado's get here tomorrow or Monday.
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #273 of 869
For $69, the SR-60s have got to be the greatest bargain out there. My recommendation to all newbies would be to buy a pair of these gems and never come back to this site. Most would be very happy and their wallets would thank them.
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #274 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
. My recommendation to all newbies would be to buy a pair of these gems and never come back to this site.
biggrin.gif

A very good proposal, that nobody follows. The SR60 is so good that they (me) get greedy and want more.
k1000smile.gif

Georg

Mar 19, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #275 of 869
Just adding my appreciation to this thread.

The SR60s introduced me to hi-fi head-fi. I'm not in the mood to gush over a personal electronic accessory. I love you SR60, nuff said.

P The D, SR60 fanboy for life!

Mar 19, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #276 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
The RS pads are more comfortable than Comfies to me, and the 414 pads are the way to go if you want to save some bank getting flats-like sound.

Here too, the RS pads are cheap, comfier than stock, and sound better too!

To which pads do you refer? And by RS I assume you mean Radio Shack?

Mar 19, 2005 at 7:46 AM Post #277 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWFokker
To which pads do you refer? And by RS I assume you mean Radio Shack?

Yep, RadioShack, maker of cheap crap, but rare gems in some cases. The pads are model #33-379. Go to their site and search "33-379"-I'd link it, but the site gets errors when I do that(is it Firefox? Baahhh, Firefox is bomb!) No special modifications are needed, and they fit like stock comfies for the most part. They are as inexpensive as the Sennheiser HD414 replacement pads, and if you have an RS in your area, that's a plus.

Mar 19, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #278 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I pulled out the disks on the grille of the SR-60 just for cosmetics. I dont know if it affects the sound and I dont care
tongue.gif

Ahh comon you must care a bit or you wouldn't be sacrificing your wallet for the sake of headphones lol

Mar 19, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #279 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
For $69, the SR-60s have got to be the greatest bargain out there. My recommendation to all newbies would be to buy a pair of these gems and never come back to this site. Most would be very happy and their wallets would thank them.
biggrin.gif

It's a GOOD hint, in a moment of craziness I sold my Grado SR-60... I miss them.
tongue.gif

However, yes the Sr-60 can give a full satisfaction, they have a musicality that few headphones can achieve.

Bye
Andrea

Mar 19, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #280 of 869
Does anyone recommend quarter-modding (or half-dollar-modding) the RatShack pads? I got a pair, and they have noticably better bass with a tad bit less comfort - but I like them still.

Would modding these suckers make them even better?

Mar 19, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #281 of 869
I don't know about the Radio Shack pads, but my modded HD414 pads sound better AND are more comfortable.

Mar 19, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #282 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sottilde
Does anyone recommend quarter-modding (or half-dollar-modding) the RatShack pads? I got a pair, and they have noticably better bass with a tad bit less comfort - but I like them still.

Would modding these suckers make them even better?

I've modded a spare pair of RS pads. They don't give much of an improvement, certainly not like what you get with HD414 pads. You can still try it to see what you think, but I'd say get a set of spares to do it to.
rs1smile.gif
Abe

Mar 21, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #283 of 869
I'm late, didn't see this thread earlier. I agree 100%, I love thre SR-60. Bought a pair about four years ago and have loved them since day one. I've been through a lot of cans in the past few years and can honestly say the SR-60's bring as much joy as anything I have heard - period. I have the SR-225's and SR-60's and like the 60's just as much as the 225's - even more so at times. I use Senn 414 pads with mine. Big fan here.

Mar 21, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #284 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
I'm late, didn't see this thread earlier. I agree 100%, I love thre SR-60. Bought a pair about four years ago and have loved them since day one. I've been through a lot of cans in the past few years and can honestly say the SR-60's bring as much joy as anything I have heard - period. I have the SR-225's and SR-60's and like the 60's just as much as the 225's - even more so at times. I use Senn 414 pads with mine. Big fan here.

me, too...been away for a while and didn't see this thread. i love the sr60 and recommend it often around here...i think they're the best value headphones period. so much sound for so little money.

Mar 21, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #285 of 869
I've tried nickel and quarter modding some RS pads and like them just the way they were so I went back to plain RS. But I did try to take the discs off the sides and ended up breaking the plastic grills(I got bearclaws for hands)... so I had to decapitate the cups and replace the grills with my own silver mesh I found at the hardware store. When I put it back together I found I liked the sound better anyways(can't describe it, just sounds less..airy maybe?), so it worked out great and the silver screen material looks cool anyways.
I think my exploits are done with these headphones.. they truly put out enjoyable sound so why bother with more? lol
icon10.gif

Time to start tinkering with my 7.1 THX Home Theater again 8 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back