The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2005 at 1:31 PM Post #226 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by mhcarlos
Thanks seeberg. I finally found my exacto knife and I modded my stock soft pads on my SR-60. Very significant difference. I never realized how much these foam pads muffled the music. I'll check out those Senn pads...

I'm obliged to help. Too bad my links don't always work, good thing you were still able to find the proper site. The Senn pads are easily worth the price, too. As is the sound they yield after modding.
And you live in NYC? Hey, have you been over to Brooklyn, cause I always wondered what Grado Labs looks like.
rs1smile.gif
's are born in NY, enjoyed worldwide,
Abe

Feb 21, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #227 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by enemigo
I've been told www.needledoctor.com is the place to get Grado for non US citizens as they ship at the rated prices. Not tried them myself, so I can't confirm what I'm saying
smily_headphones1.gif
Might be trying them soon though, been looking seriously at the SR-225.
Knut

You are too right. If I had bought it from your suggestion I had gotten it for half the price.
frown.gif

That's life.

Georg

Feb 21, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #228 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
I'm obliged to help. Too bad my links don't always work, good thing you were still able to find the proper site. The Senn pads are easily worth the price, too. As is the sound they yield after modding.
And you live in NYC? Hey, have you been over to Brooklyn, cause I always wondered what Grado Labs looks like.
rs1smile.gif
's are born in NY, enjoyed worldwide,
Abe

Yeah, I 'm in NYC and I was wondering the same thing about Grado Labs.

I'm probably checking out the SR-225 today somewhere in midtown.

Feb 22, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #229 of 869
If Grado Labs took tours, that'd be the coolest thing, I'd love to see what goes into their manufacturing processes. In fact, I'll offer my greatest gratitude to anyone that can post pics of that place, even in another thread! Just follow that Brooklyn address, and you should find it. Needless to say, I'm a fan of Grado, all the way
rs1smile.gif

Here's to wishing I had a personal invite from John Grado to check out the 'Labs,
Abe

Feb 22, 2005 at 10:19 AM Post #230 of 869
Didn't they pour their moulds for their drivers and housings in the basement in the early days?

Feb 23, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #231 of 869
they might still, considering I've heard they have a very small workforce, but a very dedicated one at that.

Feb 23, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #232 of 869
how comfortable are the sr60s? im this close to buying them (mostly for PC gaming, and sometmies ipod), and how comfortable are there for wearing lets say 1-2 hours straight? and these headphones u recommend for gaming right, heard lots of good things bout the sr60s

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #233 of 869
For Grados specifically, it's really quite varied. Your best bet is to try them, since they aren't known for Sennheiser like comfort in any of their cans. And yep, at least I can recommend them for all your needs, including gaming-others may as well. I play games like Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater in them and they sound simply amazing, moreso with my Sennheiser mod pads.

I'm still in a dream, Snaaaake eeeaaateeeer!
icon10.gif
Abe

Feb 23, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #234 of 869
The comfort depents on the pads and the weight of the model.

The most comfortable pads are the Senn modded pads. Closely followed by the comfy pads. I dunno about the flats, never tried them. The bowl pads are like sandpaper scratching my ears.

The lower end Grados are lighweight and if you bend the headband they are perfectly comfortable with modded senn pads. The SR325 and MS-2s are quite heavy which can be uncomfortable for the weight pressure on your head. I never tried the wooden Grados.

Feb 23, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #235 of 869
Quote:

If Grado Labs took tours, that'd be the coolest thing, I'd love to see what goes into their manufacturing processes. In fact, I'll offer my greatest gratitude to anyone that can post pics of that place, even in another thread! Just follow that Brooklyn address, and you should find it. Needless to say, I'm a fan of Grado, all the way
rs1smile.gif

Here's to wishing I had a personal invite from John Grado to check out the 'Labs,
Abe

Check out the meet impressions thread as we held 4 NY meets in the past at Grado labs,last one was May of 2004 pics included.

Feb 23, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #236 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by <><
how comfortable are the sr60s? im this close to buying them (mostly for PC gaming, and sometmies ipod), and how comfortable are there for wearing lets say 1-2 hours straight? and these headphones u recommend for gaming right, heard lots of good things bout the sr60s

For me they are very comfortable. More comortable than HD595, because you are not getting so warm in SR60 as in HD595.

Georg

Feb 23, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #237 of 869
I actually can't listen to the SR-60 with the default comfy pads for 30 minutes without taking them off for a while. But with the quarter mod, they sound so good sometimes I forget.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #238 of 869
Ordered the SR60s today
280smile.gif
, i'll post what i think of them when i receive them and try them out on my laptop and ipod
what exactly is the "quarter mod" for the sr60?

Feb 23, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #239 of 869
The quarter mod is where you take the stock "comfy" pads and place a quarter in the center of the pad and cut a hole around it. It simulates the same effect that the flat pads give you.

Feb 23, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #240 of 869
Quote:

mhcarlos hit that one on the head, about 100 hours should do it. Also, the smell isn't necessarily strong, although rnb180 had a horror story on that one. It's very pleasant, at least to me, and it's what I wish new car smell smelled like, as well as my house. Grado incense, ohhhh, that's an idea to keep!

Me thinks that Seeberg is starting to develop a Grado fetish...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back