The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Apr 18, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #1,202 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartmaizm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come the purple Freq doesn't have the braided cables like the new design on the first page?

cause the white black one is a westone cable.

Apr 18, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #1,203 of 3,960
Hi guys,
I just broke my SuperFreQ and fixed it on my own yesterday XD.
It's a accident, I'm moving while using it. Something caught the wire and pulled both right and left side of my SuperFreQ directly out of my ear (which require a quite strong force.) Surprisingly, what got broken isn't I'm expecting, the seemingly fragile connecting part of the wires, but the face plate of my left ear piece. The outer plate was pulled off from the inner shell, and exposed the drivers. But the wires survived such strong force and remains very healthy. Though the divided inner and outer shell did shocked me.
At that time all I'm thinking is: "Damn..... I don't wanna send it for repairing. This would waste so much time and parting with it for such a long time is such a pain....." So I tried to tested it's sound function first.
I just put the things back in the shell, and using my hand to fix the two piece together in my ear. Luckily, they sounded normal without defect.
Than, I just glued the two piece together.

Well.... It's quite simple, but this works very well.
Now it's as healthy as ever, without even a mark on it.
(Since the inner and outer plate is originally two pieces.)

This could be some testify on the problem of wire's durability:
They are at least be able to survive this kind of accident.

Apr 18, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #1,207 of 3,960
My impressions have arrived at Freq central! Since you guys have experience with this, about how long do I have to wait till I get my very own SuperFreqs? I'm hoping for less than two weeks.

Can't wait to see/touch/hear these babies!

Apr 18, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #1,208 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyonya /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My impressions have arrived at Freq central! Since you guys have experience with this, about how long do I have to wait till I get my very own SuperFreqs? I'm hoping for less than two weeks.

Can't wait to see/touch/hear these babies!

They got mine on Friday, shipped them the following Thrusday, and I got them on Saturday. It was about 8 days from the time they got my impressions to the time I received mine. BTW...Those were for 2 sets of super freQ.

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #1,209 of 3,960
I've had my SuperFreQs for about 3 weeks now, and while I love them very much, there's a couple of things I don't like.

I'm comparing them with the Ety ER4P though.

I feel that the SuperFreQs give excellent performance in a noisy environment, such as on the train or bus, but when in a quite room, the bass is too much. But the extra bass actually somehow cancels out some of the ambient noise on the train, so the mids and highs sound very good for listening outdoors.

When I'm at home for some serious listening, then I find myself going back to my Etys. They give me greater enjoyment for listening in a very quite room. The music is clearer and sharper on the Etys.

My opinion is that the Etys have better SQ, but for outdoor use, the SuperFreQs is good enough. I'm saving up for a good amp, so I'll see if the SuperFreQs give me a different impression with an amp.

Apr 19, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #1,210 of 3,960
How does this compare to Livewire as a custom IEM (similar prices)
How does this compare to SE 530 (this is what iam currently using but looking to get a custom build one)
Why is it so cheap?
How can i purchase it if i am from Australia (do they ship international?). Do i have to get the mold from my audiologist and send it over first?

Apr 19, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #1,211 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does this compare to SE 530 (this is what iam currently using but looking to get a custom build one)
Why is it so cheap?
How can i purchase it if i am from Australia (do they ship international?). Do i have to get the mold from my audiologist and send it over first?

haha you need to do your research sir!

There is a thread comparing the LW and the freq, and some members here have both. I think kilkilli is one of them.

I am not sure if the freqs have been compared with the SE530 yet.

You should contact them to find out about international shipping.

Yes you have to get an impression and send it over.

Apr 19, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #1,212 of 3,960
The build quality on these two new SuperFreqs is enticing me to learn more about the Freqs (previously more interested in LW). And killkili's albeit unfortunate accident shows me that the Freqs are pretty sturdy. The price is right(er), too. And the turnaround seems quicker.

Honestly, the one thing that still bothers me about the Freqs is the ugly engraved "Freq" on the faceplate. Can this be requested not be put on? Or is there a color that minimizes/hides? There was one silver-silver combo that seemed acceptable, but I wasn't sure if it was just the lighting on the photo.

Apr 19, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #1,213 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by mchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The build quality on these two new SuperFreqs is enticing me to learn more about the Freqs (previously more interested in LW). And killkili's albeit unfortunate accident shows me that the Freqs are pretty sturdy. The price is right(er), too. And the turnaround seems quicker.

Honestly, the one thing that still bothers me about the Freqs is the ugly engraved "Freq" on the faceplate. Can this be requested not be put on? Or is there a color that minimizes/hides? There was one silver-silver combo that seemed acceptable, but I wasn't sure if it was just the lighting on the photo.

I requested it a while ago and FreQ says that they are trying to "build their name" so they are keeping the Logo on there. Now with the new design I am sure FreQ will be putting it on all of their phones. Some earlier models escaped it, but now its inevitable. Yeah i think its a little cheesy but you gotta spread it somehow.

Apr 20, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #1,214 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartmaizm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how come the purple Freq doesn't have the braided cables like the new design on the first page?

The black braided cables were Westone ES cables that I sent along with my order. FreQs were able to use my cables instead of the "normal" cables they use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure if the freqs have been compared with the SE530 yet.

Quote:

Why is it so cheap?

I had the SE530's for several weeks and hated them before selling them. I still have the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10's (TF's) and I just received the SuperFreQs (SF's). The sound signature of the SE530's is totally different than the TF's and the SF's, while the sound signature of the TF's and the SF's are almost identical to my ears. I of course prefer the sound signature of the TF's and that is why I sold the SE530's (highs were suppresed and female voices did not sound natural with the SE530's). Now that I have the SF's, I will be selling the TF's only because I don't need both, but they both sound great, and much better balance and more natural than the SE530's, at least to me
wink.gif

Why so cheap? They are trying to get market share. Most all who have ordered the SF's really like them and are very happy with the purchase
smily_headphones1.gif

Will

Apr 20, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #1,215 of 3,960
Quote:

Well, it's a question of tastes. For me, I love them both.
Though SuperFreQ is more exciting than LW.

Quote:

Well, more clear, more controlled bass.
I'd say it's better than 530s.

Quote:

Why is it so cheap?

There is several reasons for this.
And I don't think that SE530's production costs is lower than SuperFreQ.
On the contrary, Universal fits might even need more initial costs since they need a big manufacturer source.

Quote:

You'd need to send the mold, but you can order it first.
It's no problem ordering abroad. I'm one from Taiwan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back