The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Apr 17, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #1,171 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the freqorders@freqonline.com

I got my replies quickly. They usually reply my emails around 11 pm CST. I am wondering what they are doing that late
confused.gif
. Anyway, I got an email that they just received my FreQ yesterday and starting to do the refit. I can't wait
biggrin.gif

That was "exactly" the email I used on Tuesday to re-send the email. On Monday (when I originaly sent the email) I sent the email directly to Angela and Todd. Weird ...

I will try again tomorrow
wink.gif

Will
(listening to my SuperFreQs as I type this ...)

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #1,172 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was "exactly" the email I used on Tuesday to re-send the email. On Monday (when I originaly sent the email) I sent the email directly to Angela and Todd. Weird ...

I will try again tomorrow
wink.gif

Will
(listening to my SuperFreQs as I type this ...)

BTW...I see you have Iaudio 7. I am interested in trying Iaudio D2. How are they together ? a good combination ? I can't decide between D2 or Ipod Classic. I have an Iphone and I found that the SQ is okay eventhough I have Sony S616.

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #1,173 of 3,960
Quote:

BTW...I see you have Iaudio 7. I am interested in trying Iaudio D2. How are they together ? a good combination ? I can't decide between D2 or Ipod Classic. I have an Iphone and I found that the SQ is okay eventhough I have Sony S616.

I love my iAudio 7. Being able to play FLAC files along with MP3's is great. The EQU is fairly flexible as well, and the low-level hiss/noise is lower than in the iTouch, Nano, or Shuffle, which is important with sensitive IEM's such as the SuperFreQs
wink.gif

The iAudio 7 has a very nice built-in amp, but music sounds even better (specially the bass) with my external High-Performance mini^3 Amp
biggrin.gif

Will

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #1,174 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my iAudio 7. Being able to play FLAC files along with MP3's is great. The EQU is fairly flexible as well, and the low-level hiss/noise is lower than in the iTouch, Nano, or Shuffle, which is important with sensitive IEM's such as the SuperFreQs
wink.gif

The iAudio 7 has a very nice built-in amp, but music sounds even better (specially the bass) with my external High-Performance mini^3 Amp
biggrin.gif

Will

Yea, I heard Iaudio has one of the best SQ. BTW...how do you convert an mp3 file to FLAC ? sorry I am kinda newbie on this since I have never done it. Do they supply you with the software like itunes that makes converting files easy ?

Apr 17, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #1,175 of 3,960
Quote:

BTW...how do you convert an mp3 file to FLAC ? sorry I am kinda newbie on this since I have never done it. Do they supply you with the software like itunes that makes converting files easy ?

mp3 is a compressed file already. you wont gain anything if you convert it to flac. you need to convert from the original source.

to wquiles, im curious what type of music are you into? i had sf5pro too and loved them. i just received my shure e500 and it seems theres no wow effect on me. i even prefer the sf5pro over them in some songs. do you think i will love the superfreqs? im worried about the forward midrange. i kinda like a more laidback presentation.

Apr 17, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #1,177 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mp3 is a compressed file already. you wont gain anything if you convert it to flac. you need to convert from the original source.

Yep, well said. To create a FLAC file you pretty much need the original CD song. And they do sound better than 320Kbit MP3's out of the iAudio 7 - specially the higher frequencies - like everything is more "clear" sounding. Hard to put in words for me being a newbie here in the forums ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to wquiles, im curious what type of music are you into? i had sf5pro too and loved them. i just received my shure e500 and it seems theres no wow effect on me. i even prefer the sf5pro over them in some songs. do you think i will love the superfreqs? im worried about the forward midrange. i kinda like a more laidback presentation.

I listen to a mix of stuff (I have 257 albums in my iAduio 7 at the moment - 656 songs, maybe 60% MP3 and 40% FLAC), but I would say it is Pop, top-40 Hits, Classic Rock, etc.. Just a few examples: Toto, U2, Tom Petty, Disco (can I say that out in the open?), The Police, Stone Temple Pilots, Snow Patrol, Sheryl Crow, Shakira, Seal, Rom Thomas, Rihana, Natalie Imbruglia, Nelly Furtado, Kelly Clarkson, Christina Aguilera, Anna Nalick, etc.

These types of music to me sounded good with the sf5pro, and slightly better with my Triple.Fi 10's. They did not sounded good with the SE530's (lack of higher freq., plus female voices did not sounded "right").

Now with the SuperFreQs, they sound as good as my TF, so yes, I think you would like the SuperFreQs. At least to me, so far (less than a week), I have not been "bothered" by the forward midrange some report, but note that I also don't quite have the perfect seal yet - so things might change a little.

Comparing the SuperFreQs to my TF's (which I use with custom molded tips) in back to back (slightly touching my SuperFreQs to achieve perfect seal), I find that the SuperFreQs are definitely more sensitive than my TF's. So far the signature of these (once I adjust for volume) seems very similar to my ears.

I hope this helps you out
biggrin.gif

Will

Apr 17, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #1,178 of 3,960
Quote:

Try the freqorders@freqonline.com

I got my replies quickly. They usually reply my emails around 11 pm CST. I am wondering what they are doing that late
confused.gif
. Anyway, I got an email that they just received my FreQ yesterday and starting to do the refit. I can't wait
biggrin.gif

By the way, Todd just responded today - he is traveling and once he gets back in the office he will call me to work on my SuperFreQs. I will keep you guys updated
wink.gif

Will

Apr 17, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #1,179 of 3,960
Just got this email....
This is a post-only message. Please do not respond.

marc milner has requested that you receive a Track & Confirm update, as shown
below.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 2503 8555 7491 2041 4821

Service Type: Signature Confirmation - Priority - Insured

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered SALT LAKE CITY UT 84124 04/17/08 10:22am

Processed TAMPA FL 33605 04/12/08 8:57pm

2hrs until I am out of work!! I am feeling a bit sick though
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #1,180 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got this email....
This is a post-only message. Please do not respond.

marc milner has requested that you receive a Track & Confirm update, as shown
below.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 2503 8555 7491 2041 4821

Service Type: Signature Confirmation - Priority - Insured

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered SALT LAKE CITY UT 84124 04/17/08 10:22am

Processed TAMPA FL 33605 04/12/08 8:57pm

2hrs until I am out of work!! I am feeling a bit sick though
wink.gif

Grats...post pictures when you got them
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #1,181 of 3,960
Wow this is ridiculous. Went into the post office this morning to check up on my package. THEY COULDN'T FIND IT! They said it might be with the carrier and it might be coming in today. So OK I go to work, leave, get home, mail is in my mailbox, but no slip or package! I jump online check my status and it is still "Arrival at Unit". So I run over to the post office just before it closed and asked the same guy where my package was. He went running around for about half an hour and HE COULDN'T FIND IT AGAIN! They told me they'd have to ask the carrier and see what happened to it. Apparently it was never scanned in or out by the carrier either. Sigh. Their phone system is all messed up too. I call the specific postal office's phone number and no one picks up, it goes straight to the main hotline. Just WOW. First I screw up my ears trying to make the impressions now USPS loses my package?
mad.gif

Apr 17, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #1,182 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by base669 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow this is ridiculous. Went into the post office this morning to check up on my package. THEY COULDN'T FIND IT! They said it might be with the carrier and it might be coming in today. So OK I go to work, leave, get home, mail is in my mailbox, but no slip or package! I jump online check my status and it is still "Arrival at Unit". So I run over to the post office just before it closed and asked the same guy where my package was. He went running around for about half an hour and HE COULDN'T FIND IT AGAIN! They told me they'd have to ask the carrier and see what happened to it. Apparently it was never scanned in or out by the carrier either. Sigh. Their phone system is all messed up too. I call the specific postal office's phone number and no one picks up, it goes straight to the main hotline. Just WOW. First I screw up my ears trying to make the impressions now USPS loses my package?
mad.gif

I feel sorry for you. Yea, USPS is not really good compared to Fed Ex or UPS. I hope you will get them somehow. Even if you dont, do not worry because FreQ do send their packages insured. They should be willing to send you a new set but you gotta wait for another week
frown.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #1,183 of 3,960
Quote:

Grats...post pictures when you got them
biggrin.gif

Here they are!!
Build Quality is exceptional in my opinion!

281018073_RJ5gV-M.jpg

281018015_JQcRB-M.jpg

281018036_zmBUv-M.jpg

281018063_UizzS-M.jpg

281018088_j8RRs-M.jpg

281018102_EZmMk-M.jpg

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #1,184 of 3,960
Quote:

I feel sorry for you. Yea, USPS is not really good compared to Fed Ex or UPS. I hope you will get them somehow. Even if you dont, do not worry because FreQ do send their packages insured. They should be willing to send you a new set but you gotta wait for another week
frown.gif

Yea their customer service is great, no doubt about it, i'm not worried one bit about not receiving them. Just that I was so anxious all week long just to find out USPS probably lost it. It seemed a bit wierd to me because packages are usually delivered the following day when it's received at the local post office ("Arrival at Unit"). Today was the 4th day with it's status as "Arrival at Unit", so I'll wait and see if I get a call tomorrow, if not I'll probably have to march in there tomorrow evening and make a huge fuss again. If that doesn't work i'll have bug Todd again.

Wow those look sweet Marc, what color is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back