The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Apr 18, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #1,186 of 3,960
Wow, they look different but good. Are they purple ? Sorry, I am a bit color blinded
biggrin.gif

BTW...did you ask for deeper canal fit ? The stems look pretty long to me. How is the isolation

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #1,187 of 3,960
Here is the gallery of the photos
Marc Milner (milspecphoto) : photos : My Smug Mug- powered by SmugMug

As for SQ all I can say is WOW!!
I am very PLEASED so far. Fit is GREAT! Tight enough that I have to wiggle them to get the air out as I put them in, but not so tight as to be uncomfortable. I can break the seal if I try....If I I move my jaw in very uncomfortable ways. Normal moving, chewing, talking etc does not break the seal.
Fit is excellent!

I have no spent enough time to give a real critical report/opinion on sound, but I am overwhelmed with pleasure! Much the same as I was when I bought my NHT home system.
The soundstage is forward, but I do not find them to forward at all. (like standing at the front of the stage) The bass is excellent, just enough, but I would not want any more. Highs are amazing. Not too bright, but very present. Mids are right there as well. I have not found anything missing yet. I need to listen quite a bit more, but for now I would give two thumbs up!!

If you are hesitating, don't ORDER them NOW!
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #1,188 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ What color is that on the choice list?

I choose purple. It is more lavender, which is cool with me! I wanted to be different!! That color is right on if you have a calibrated monitor. I balanced the color on the screen with the iem held up to it
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #1,189 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu2x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, they look different but good. Are they purple ? Sorry, I am a bit color blinded
biggrin.gif

BTW...did you ask for deeper canal fit ? The stems look pretty long to me. How is the isolation

My impression were done per UE instructions and I left the depth up to FreQ. Isolation is good. Better then any of the universals I have had. They isolate well enough, my with is already mad.

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #1,195 of 3,960
FreQ do improve a lot compare to before especially with the color choices. Add a better or more appealing cable connector and cable, they will look perfect ! I guess that's what the music makers lines are going to be
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #1,196 of 3,960
This was probably already posted but does anyone know how much the 3 driver music maker line will go for? And those are coming out end of april right? Maybe I should upgrade mine if mine are indeed lost.

Apr 18, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #1,197 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by base669 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was probably already posted but does anyone know how much the 3 driver music maker line will go for? And those are coming out end of april right? Maybe I should upgrade mine if mine are indeed lost.

If I remember correctly, I believe they are going to be $350 for the 3 drivers and probably $250 for the 2 drivers ?

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #1,198 of 3,960
Nice colors^ yeah freq is getting on their game and improving. Just in time for the music makers line. I didn't like their quality at first but it is sure getting better
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #1,199 of 3,960
I'm still holding out till they make them with detachable cables or at least cables that don't look like they stuck them in as an afterthought. They mailed me they would become available in April but so far no luck...

Apr 18, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #1,200 of 3,960
Hey guys,
I'm going to order the SuperFreqs on Monday... was going to get the Triple.Fis, then I discovered these
smily_headphones1.gif
So sick of fit issues I had with the M5s haha...

Was wondering if you could guys tell me if my impressions look alright? Dunno... they seem a bit different to the others posted here. They are fairly oily to the touch, is that normal?

18042008094tg6.jpg

18042008107uk7.jpg

I'm particularly concerned about these grooves from the string from the cotton... are they an issue at all?

18042008116cq8.jpg

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back