The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Apr 23, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #1,231 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by marc4fishing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe the prices i am getting quoted in my area. the cheapest so far is 75 an ear. man you gotta love new york

The cheapest I was able to find in Manhattan was $50 for the set, there's a couple places that'll do it for that money, look on the Sonus website. I got mine at the Sears in Rego Park (Queens) for $20 for the set.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #1,232 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yet, if the differences are detachable cord, better SQ, or even better build quality, I would gladly pay $350 for them. IMO, the most important factor is the SQ since that's what earphones are really for.

That is exactly how I see it as well. In fact, I like my SuperFreQ's so much that I am wanting to also buy one of their new higher-end products, but only "if" I can get a better idea of how they would sound - what would be different SQ-wise?

I have a question to Todd about this exact point, but he has not replied yet (busy guy, I know).

Will

Apr 23, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #1,233 of 3,960
Tried searching the thread, only found Germania post.

Anyone have contact info to an inexpensive or familar audiologist in the Chicago, burbs or Naperville / Aurora area? Figured if post before I whip out the phonebook.

Ill probably end up using an iphone stereo cable, clear inner and blue/red outer.

Thanks!!!!

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #1,234 of 3,960
I checked on Google Maps using the terms "audiologist [zip code]" and "hearing [zip code]." I also checked Sonus - Providing Hearing Aids and Hearing Services. You may want to start by calling your local Sears Hearing Center. They seem to consistently have the lowest prices.

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #1,235 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Motts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I've been following this thread since it's conception; I like all the positive comments coming about the freQs. I can' believe how the build quality has improved
eek.gif

Just wanted to let you all know about some updates. I called freQ today to get some answers since I'm planning on making a purchase soon. The agent/rep I talked to was Anna. She didn't know much at first, and she had to keep asking a supervisor or somebody. Nevertheless, I got some good info.

The music makers line, will indeed be available in May. She didn't say May 1, but did confirm May. The two-driver model will be called 'Tour de FreQ' and will sell for $249. The three-driver model will be called 'FreQ Show' and will sell for $349. I believe she said the cable will be 52" and will be braided and detachable. The first few inches will be memory cable as well, so it will stay fit better.

Anna also confirmed that you must get the impressions done by a professional for the music makers line.

I'm in a predicament right now of whether or not to get the music makers line or the music lovers. I'd either go the Super FreQ or the FreQ Show. Triple drivers FTW! If I can get an upgraded cable on the Super FreQ, and over the ear, seems like I'd really only be paying for a detachable cable on the music lovers line? While nice, I don't know that I"d be willing to pay $100-140 more for a detachable cable.

So that's what I found out guys. If this has already been posted, sorry for the redundant information.

Do you guys think it's worth getting the music makers line over the music lovers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me, it depends on what the differences really are. If the only real difference is the detachable cord, I would not pay more than $50 extra. Yet, if the differences are detachable cord, better SQ, or even better build quality, I would gladly pay $350 for them. IMO, the most important factor is the SQ since that's what earphones are really for.

P.S: I heard that they were also going to increase the price of the music lovers line. So, it might only be $100 extra for the music makers line.

One of the improvements for the professional Music Makers line is improved crossovers. I believe the actual drivers are the same, so it's better detachable cable and better crossovers. Since hte Music Lovers line is going to get a price increase when the Maker line comes out, the price difference sounds about right to me. ~$100

Apr 23, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #1,236 of 3,960
I found a place in Naperville, very inexpensive and if the work is quality I will post the location. My apt is tomorrow, i'm very excited.

Funny, I was shopping for a set of used IM716 in the $50-60 price range and ending up getting $200 customs!

I initially wanted to get the SuperFreq, but the early versions quality were rather bad imo and have gotten much better recently. And with the whispers of a price bump I figured I better act now.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #1,237 of 3,960
I think we really have something special in the FreQ.

Not only is the product great, the customer service is also top notch, and even though some people have had problems communicating with them, most of us have had our questions answered and our concerns addressed.

I don't think I've seen any product evolved so well. Just a month ago, we still had people come in and complain about the horrible aesthetics, and in the last three months, they have progressively improved the build quality, and today, we see a gorgeous looking product that can compete with the aesthetics of an Ultimate Ears custom.

I can only hope that the FreQ continues on this path of advancement. So far, we've already had tons of satisfied customers. I'm sure many more will come when we start seeing all the great FreQ pictures.

Ok, I'm a fanboy
biggrin.gif

I'm just typing this because I was looking over at the "Cables, Tweaks" forum, and there's a horrible incidence of poor customer service from JenaLabs. I think we're lucky that the FreQ company cares about its customers and actually improves based on our comments.

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #1,238 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we really have something special in the FreQ.

Not only is the product great, the customer service is also top notch, and even though some people have had problems communicating with them, most of us have had our questions answered and our concerns addressed.

I don't think I've seen any product evolved so well. Just a month ago, we still had people come in and complain about the horrible aesthetics, and in the last three months, they have progressively improved the build quality, and today, we see a gorgeous looking product that can compete with the aesthetics of an Ultimate Ears custom.

I can only hope that the FreQ continues on this path of advancement. So far, we've already had tons of satisfied customers. I'm sure many more will come when we start seeing all the great FreQ pictures.

Ok, I'm a fanboy
biggrin.gif

I'm just typing this because I was looking over at the "Cables, Tweaks" forum, and there's a horrible incidence of poor customer service from JenaLabs. I think we're lucky that the FreQ company cares about its customers and actually improves based on our comments.

+1 Well Said - Count me as a fanboy as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Will

Apr 24, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #1,239 of 3,960
Got my impressions done. The doctor understood right away what they were for and that Silicone was to be used, past the 2nd bend and mouth slightly open. I was nervous at first, but the overall process was very easy.

Both ears for a total of $20!

I asked if I could share her contact info and said she it would be fine, let me know if this is not allowed on the forums.

Lisa M Prather, Au.D

Ear to Ear :Hearing Solutions:
630-305-0537
710 E Odgen Ave Suite 250
Naperville, IL 60563

Impressions.jpg

Shoot me a PM if you need the .pdf instructions from SuperFreq and or info on my visit.

Apr 24, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #1,242 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by wangerin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered them:

Inner: Clear
Outer: Black
Cable: Upgraded Black Braided (+$20)

Todd took my order and was very helpful, informative.

Did you talk to Todd ? I tried to call today, but he did not answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back