The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
May 10, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #1,594 of 3,960
From my purchasing experience, it doesn't really matter what order you do the two steps below:

- call and order from FreQ
- get impressions done (follow the UE instructions: http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimat...structions.pdf)

After order, you should then get an email confirmation with your specifications and any special instructions. I printed this out, wrote a few notes and send along with the impressions to: FreQ, 10500 University Center Dr. #275, Tampa, FL 33612 (I put Attention: Todd or Derek)

I spent $18 to send Express USPS because I wanted them on a deadline. You can send regular mail, but I'd probably insure the package if I spent $50 or more on the impressions (which I did).

Again, as I was on a deadline, I called and made sure Todd received my impressions. Shortly after my call, I also got an email confirmation of impressions receipt. So the call is optional for most.

After a business few days to a week or so, you should get an email saying your order shipped. If you want a tracking number, you have to call FreQ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long does it take for your order? From place order/make impression to get your FreQ Show?

I placed my order this Tuesday and haven't get a email of shipment of information package till now. No instruction of how and where to send my impression. They may be super busy right now.

May 10, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #1,595 of 3,960
I see so theres no specific order you do those in. When does the refitting/return guarantee start? is it when you get your earphones or when you place the order?

It might take me a couple of days to get impressions and I place order thursday night.

can someone explain to me the music lovers crossover vs music makers crossover? i know that the music lovers crossover you dont need an amp but how does the specs/sound differ?

May 10, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #1,596 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see so theres no specific order you do those in. When does the refitting/return guarantee start? is it when you get your earphones or when you place the order?

It might take me a couple of days to get impressions and I place order thursday night.

can someone explain to me the music lovers crossover vs music makers crossover? i know that the music lovers crossover you dont need an amp but how does the specs/sound differ?

I'm sure they'll bend the policy a bit if you're having a lot of fit problems 30 days after you order. Again, when you get impressions, make sure the audiologist reads the instructions and you keep your face still while making the impressions. A little movement of your face when the impression material first enters will cause problems.

May 10, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #1,597 of 3,960
hey guys and girls i got the music makers lineup with the music makers crossover and i love it, I had the superfreqs and sent them back to swap out to the music makers because of the detachable cable, never cared for the crossover. BUT OMG lol the new crossover makes a huge difference. My girlfriend still has her superfreqs with old crossover which has a bunch of bass and when you apply a generic eq setting in the ipod, wish it was a 13 band adjustable eq instead. BUt anyways when my girlfriend applies the eq everything is too boomy and muffled too much bass.

On the music makers since the crossover suppress the bass when you apply eq it sounds very clean and i prefer my music makers and can use many different generic eq setting and it sounds good on all of them. the super freqs sounds awesome on no eq of a flat eq. I would recommend getting the music makers crossover if you like to fiddle with the eq which i imagine every fool on this board like me tinkers with all the little setting and the superfreq bass is too strong. I listen to a variety of music like, techno, rap, hip-hop, rnb, rock, alternative, and my girl well she listens to girly crap and she prefers the music makers since it sounds very clean and true like the artist is inside your head singing, where superfreqs over power and is a fun iem but gets to boomy and hurts your head. to each their own.

May 10, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #1,598 of 3,960
Thanks for your impressions faiz23.

It's great to hear that the bass on the Music Maker line is toned down.

What I don't understand is how your girlfriend can listen to the Music Maker when she has a SuperFreQ
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #1,600 of 3,960
I just emailed FreQ. About the impressions. He said that it was fine if i took a week until i got the impressions sent. Also, one more thing that i didn't know. If you get a replacement, you can change color but not ear impressions.

May 11, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #1,601 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by faiz23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys and girls i got the music makers lineup with the music makers crossover and i love it, I had the superfreqs and sent them back to swap out to the music makers because of the detachable cable, never cared for the crossover. BUT OMG lol the new crossover makes a huge difference. My girlfriend still has her superfreqs with old crossover which has a bunch of bass and when you apply a generic eq setting in the ipod, wish it was a 13 band adjustable eq instead. BUt anyways when my girlfriend applies the eq everything is too boomy and muffled too much bass.

On the music makers since the crossover suppress the bass when you apply eq it sounds very clean and i prefer my music makers and can use many different generic eq setting and it sounds good on all of them. the super freqs sounds awesome on no eq of a flat eq. I would recommend getting the music makers crossover if you like to fiddle with the eq which i imagine every fool on this board like me tinkers with all the little setting and the superfreq bass is too strong. I listen to a variety of music like, techno, rap, hip-hop, rnb, rock, alternative, and my girl well she listens to girly crap and she prefers the music makers since it sounds very clean and true like the artist is inside your head singing, where superfreqs over power and is a fun iem but gets to boomy and hurts your head. to each their own.

Pics?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #1,602 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by faiz23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Were you using an Amp with the IPod? I have an IPod classic and want to order the music maker, but I am afraid to order it due to some of the reviews. Should I go a head with the music maker or go with the music lover cross over? I am mainly listenening to house/trance/techno.

Thanks

May 11, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #1,603 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by mchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my purchasing experience, it doesn't really matter what order you do the two steps below:

- call and order from FreQ
- get impressions done (follow the UE instructions: http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimat...structions.pdf)

After order, you should then get an email confirmation with your specifications and any special instructions. I printed this out, wrote a few notes and send along with the impressions to: FreQ, 10500 University Center Dr. #275, Tampa, FL 33612 (I put Attention: Todd or Derek)

I spent $18 to send Express USPS because I wanted them on a deadline. You can send regular mail, but I'd probably insure the package if I spent $50 or more on the impressions (which I did).

Again, as I was on a deadline, I called and made sure Todd received my impressions. Shortly after my call, I also got an email confirmation of impressions receipt. So the call is optional for most.

After a business few days to a week or so, you should get an email saying your order shipped. If you want a tracking number, you have to call FreQ.

Nice summary
biggrin.gif

The only thing to keep in mind, is that there is a good probability of doing a minor re-fit. Folks ordering custom IEM's should keep that in mind
wink.gif

Will

May 11, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #1,605 of 3,960
can someone explain to me what the diff between music makers and music lovers is? I still haven't gotten an answer and am eager to get a pair of these.

what is the difference between the crossovers? What is crossover anyways?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back