The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
May 10, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #1,576 of 3,960
No, there is no detachable cables for lover's line.
It's just an option for Music Lover to upgrade to braided cord instead of the original cord.

And the price upping is already mentioned in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They did up the price. I thought they added detachable cables to the music lovers line.

I just recently got the FreQ Shows so I will giveyou guys a review SE530 vs. FreQ Shows. Im just hoping someone who has more/better earphones than I have will write a review before I do. Save me some embarresment.

Looking for some artwork currently. What do you guys think? I went Black Inner Ear with Clear Outer ear. Looking for some black artwork that will blend it all in.

May 10, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #1,578 of 3,960
Yeah, I only have FreQShows.

biggrin.gif

May 10, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #1,580 of 3,960
hey sista...

u think black would stand out on the gold? lookin at the gold on the freq website.. the black letters of the freq logo din stand out too much... maybe it's the pic? hmmm..

not many other colours available that wud go with the gold I guess... ha

May 10, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #1,584 of 3,960
I dont see how we went from colors to how the livewires beat the FreQs. Which FreQ are you comparing the livewires to? the dual driver one?

So i made my payment on friday; 2 days ago. Do you think he would let me change the color? I haven't even gotten my impressions done yet.

May 10, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #1,585 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont see how we went from colors to how the livewires beat the FreQs. Which FreQ are you comparing the livewires to? the dual driver one?

So i made my payment on friday; 2 days ago. Do you think he would let me change the color? I haven't even gotten my impressions done yet.

Yea, send the company an email, make sure u get a reply. and when u get ur impressions, leave a sheet in there, saying what colour u want again.

May 10, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #1,586 of 3,960
ok i've decided...

gold faceplate with silver artwork, how's that sound? heh.. I figured black wouldn't stand out enough but din want like a very obvious white. we'll just have to see how it goes..

now the only thing is deciding whether 1 pic on each side or 1 same pic on both sides? I think most use the same pic but I thought Germania's was pretty cool, 2 clefs.. what do most ppl do nowadays?

Input Sensitivity: 124dB @ 1mw
Freq Response: 20 To 16000 Hz
Speakers: Triple Balanced Armature
With Passive Crossover
Impedance: 20ohm

these are the freq show specs.. I read somewhere that sensitivity is how loud it'd be at a certain power rating.
isolation i know
now... i wanted to try to compare LW specs but I can't find those..

20ohm impedance.. is that considered high or low? low means easier to drive right? means more audible hiss with a bad source? I vageuly remember reading something like that, but more info wud be cool.
I mean.. 20,22,24 they all look about the same to me.. is that drastically different?

also the freq response nowadays are 20hz -20/22 khz... but this is only 16khz.. even lower than the superfreqs at 18khz. Is it gonna be quite different cos of the diff freq response? i'd think 2000 hz diff is significant?

would be cool to have a "techy" fellow explain these in laymen terms heh i'm not too learned about such specs.. i've no idea what that means in real life heh

May 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #1,587 of 3,960
20 ohm impedance is low. Most Ear buds' impedance is from 16 ~ 32 ohms.
You should see the sensitivity, this will effect loudness most.
For 124dB @ 1mW, the loudness would be very easy to achieve but also easy to hear the noise of your sources.

As for the freq response, forget about it.
It's nothing but a specification.
Most dynamic designed phones can go to 20kHz, yet their sound is not so great.
Being armature driver phones, 16kHz is typical.
You can see this features on most armature driver phones, from ER4 to TF10 pro.
Even UE 11 is in this range.
See this:
UE-11 Pro Specification - Products - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors
So, never care about it!

May 10, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #1,588 of 3,960
ok so it's low.. means I wud hear more hiss with bad sources.. ok got it. wonder what my nano would sound like with the freqs ha.

i see if the ue11s are there it can't be that bad! ha but woah the ues go down to 10hwz. prob stg to do with their dual bass drivers gosh.. din even know humans could hear so low.

I see.. so I shouldn't worry so much about the freq response as opposed to the senstivity and impedance.

thanks for the quick response!

any feedback on the faceplate and design bit?

May 10, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #1,589 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok so it's low.. means I wud hear more hiss with bad sources.. ok got it. wonder what my nano would sound like with the freqs ha.

i see if the ue11s are there it can't be that bad! ha but woah the ues go down to 10hwz. prob stg to do with their dual bass drivers gosh.. din even know humans could hear so low.

I see.. so I shouldn't worry so much about the freq response as opposed to the senstivity and impedance.

thanks for the quick response!

any feedback on the faceplate and design bit?

Your Nano would hiss a bit, but it may not bother you if you listen to conventional music. With classical, it may be bothersome.

As for your faceplace, I don't think silver will show up well on gold. Black on gold is nice IMO.

May 10, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #1,590 of 3,960
yeah i don't really listen to classical on the go.

mostly jazz, acoustic, worship music...most classical pieces I listen at home on my Aego M...

so.. it's either quite listening to classical, change a player.. or.. buy an amp!! the latter one sounds tempting.. haha

what players have hardly any hiss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back