The Fiio X5 Thread
Oct 30, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #18,586 of 19,652
I too have noticed the screen does not shut off on it's own.

Oct 31, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #18,587 of 19,652
Oct 31, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #18,589 of 19,652
So I tried to go back to 2.5 and put on the Analogue mod by Relic and somehow it refused to find any song on the SD Cards. Tried removing cards, updating Lib, then putting the cards in and updating lib again. Did not help. Tried a reset as well. Then I tried the Hi-Fidelity one on 2.5, same issue. So I am back now on the official 2.51 Beta. 
triportsad.gif

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #18,590 of 19,652
That's the first time EVER with a FiiO FW update (beta or otherwise) that I've seen not allow you to go back to a previous version without issue. Shame really.

Did you try a factory rest through the System Settings?

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #18,591 of 19,652
That's the first time EVER with a FiiO FW update (beta or otherwise) that I've seen not allow you to go back to a previous version without issue. Shame really.

Did you try a factory rest through the System Settings?

Yeah, did not think I will face any issue really, but then may be something to do with my unit. Sorry, I did not try factory reset, just the pin hole reset a couple of times. I will wait till the updated mods are available. Till then probably I am stuck on the 2.51 Beta original. 
triportsad.gif
 (Actually I tried to replace the sys.bin in Hi-Fidelity mod and then re-pack as suggested by nmatheis, but it missed a few - My Collection screen was coming up as a white, blank screen, that's the reason I thought of going back to 2.5)

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #18,592 of 19,652
I had the same problem. I was using the new harmony 3 2.51b version and because the volume screen was not displaying properly I went back to the 2.50 version. When I could no get the play folders to work, I eventually tried the official fiio 2.4 which let me play folders, and then went back to harmony 3 v2.50 version. I now can play from folders again, and will hold off on the 2.51b for a bit.
Hope this helps

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #18,593 of 19,652
  So I tried to go back to 2.5 and put on the Analogue mod by Relic and somehow it refused to find any song on the SD Cards. Tried removing cards, updating Lib, then putting the cards in and updating lib again. Did not help. Tried a reset as well. Then I tried the Hi-Fidelity one on 2.5, same issue. So I am back now on the official 2.51 Beta. 
triportsad.gif

I had the same problem.  What I did was to flash back to 2.4, then upgrade back to 2.5.  For some reason, this worked fine.

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #18,595 of 19,652
Hey guys, I apologize for not going through the 1240 pages of this thread first but I had a quick question. 

Does anyone know of any good universal aluminum car/truck docks that fit the second gen X5? I want a dock that I can screw to the floor of my Jeep right under my head unit that is nice and stout. After hours of googling it seems like All I can find are cheap plastic Chinese universal docks that use suction cups. Anyone know of any higher quality metal ones?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #18,596 of 19,652
Hey guys, I apologize for not going through the 1240 pages of this thread first but I had a quick question. 

Does anyone know of any good universal aluminum car/truck docks that fit the second gen X5? I want a dock that I can screw to the floor of my Jeep right under my head unit that is nice and stout. After hours of googling it seems like All I can find are cheap plastic Chinese universal docks that use suction cups. Anyone know of any higher quality metal ones?

Thanks in advance!

No, I have not heard of something like that. Try the thread for the X5ii.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #18,597 of 19,652
My fault, I didnt see another thread for the Gen2. But what im looking for will be universal anyways.

I found one that was nice but there was just a few small features I didnt like. And when your paying $100 for a universal dock, I didnt want to compromise any of the features. Thanks Pinky!

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #18,598 of 19,652
Hello everybody,I want to buy audio gd 11 amp/dac, and pair it with fiio x5,if I understand right:
1)Fiio connected with coaxial rca out(fiio) to coaxial rca in(audio gd 11)=audio gd 11 dac+amp will work,fiio dac will not work.
2)Connect LO with line IN of audio gd,fiio external dac will work?(also audio gd dac will work)

From that I understand: " Coax out bypasses internal DAC of x5 so any unit connected would need ability to use its own DAC" ,audio gd 11 have coaxial input?

Thanks

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #18,599 of 19,652
Hello everybody,I want to buy audio gd 11 amp/dac, and pair it with fiio x5,if I understand right:

1)Fiio connected with coaxial rca out(fiio) to coaxial rca in(audio gd 11)=audio gd 11 dac+amp will work,fiio dac will not work.

2)Connect LO with line in of audio gd,fiio external dac will work?(also audio gd dac will work)

From that I understand: " Coax out bypasses internal DAC of x5 so any unit connected would need ability to use its own DAC" ,audio gd 11 have coaxial input?

Thanks

Yes, you have it right. Although after using the Master 11 I can't imagine why you'll ever want to use the DAC from the X5 in a desktop setup. Compared to my DAC-19 the X5 is several steps lower. The X5 does a good job as a transport using coaxial. :wink:

And yes, Master 11 has coaxial input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back