The Fiio X5 Thread
Jun 14, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #17,672 of 19,652
Hello Gordon,

In that case I'll report back if our engineers can reproduce the discrepancy?
confused_face_2.gif

What kind of hi-res tracks (format, sample rate, bit depth) were you playing?

Best regards,
Joe (FiiO representative)

Hi Joe!

FiiO stated the X5II will be able to play all sample rates without resampling that can create jitter.

What sample rates will the earlier X5 be able to play without any resampling?

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #17,673 of 19,652
Is there any way to fully control the X5 using the four buttons, and eliminate the use of the scroll wheel as well as the middle select button? On my X5, the scroll wheel is 'almost' unusable now along with the center select button. I use the buttons now to scroll through my songs. However, I still need to use the center select button to play the selected song, and 9 out of 10 times it selects a different song! And it's really really annoying. Yesterday I had to delete some songs from one of the cards and then put some new and then had to Update the Media library. And it took me good 5 minutes just to select that option from the Menu as it just won't go there and once or twice when it actually was on that menu item, on pressing the center button instead of selecting that, it selected something else. Is there anyway where one can make one of the buttons to work as the Center Select button? Please, it would be a GREAT GREAT help as I am from India and it won't be an easy task to send my unit for repair in China.

Please help me out here. :)

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #17,674 of 19,652
Is there any way to fully control the X5 using the four buttons, and eliminate the use of the scroll wheel as well as the middle select button? On my X5, the scroll wheel is 'almost' unusable now along with the center select button. I use the buttons now to scroll through my songs. However, I still need to use the center select button to play the selected song, and 9 out of 10 times it selects a different song! And it's really really annoying. Yesterday I had to delete some songs from one of the cards and then put some new and then had to Update the Media library. And it took me good 5 minutes just to select that option from the Menu as it just won't go there and once or twice when it actually was on that menu item, on pressing the center button instead of selecting that, it selected something else. Is there anyway where one can make one of the buttons to work as the Center Select button? Please, it would be a GREAT GREAT help as I am from India and it won't be an easy task to send my unit for repair in China.

No, you need to use the select button to select items in the menus. With that said you should contact FiiO about it. Sounds like a faulty player. Can your dealer help you?

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #17,675 of 19,652
No, you need to use the select button to select items in the menus. With that said you should contact FiiO about it. Sounds like a faulty player. Can your dealer help you?

I did. This is what they are saying:
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Sagar Shaikh <sagar@pristinenote.com> wrote:
Dear Sir,
Please be noted that now X5 has been Discontinued. Yes your product is still under warranty. Kindly contact FiiO Directly for Repair.
You have to send your product directly to FiiO by Indian Speed Post or Ordinary Post. 
Kindly email your problem to FiiO at  support@fiio.net  Once they confirm resolution with compliant number, you can send your unit to them.

This is really stupid as the product is still up for sale in their website: http://www.proaudiohome.com/FiiO-X5-High-ResolutionMedia-Player

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #17,677 of 19,652
@rajibranjan

Instead of worrying about it - how about you contact Fiio direct as suggested.  I've always found their service to be brilliant. Wait until they give you some options.  I'm sure they'll be on your case :)

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #17,678 of 19,652
  @rajibranjan

Instead of worrying about it - how about you contact Fiio direct as suggested.  I've always found their service to be brilliant. Wait until they give you some options.  I'm sure they'll be on your case :)

Have sent one email to Fiio. Let's see how they respond. 

I was curious to know if it would be possible to tweak the Firmware in someway so as to have one of the four buttons to act as the Select button, the reason being, I am not very confident of the postal service here. Have heard of many incidents where the parcel is lost in transit. And also of the time that it will take for me to send it and then get it back after repair. :frowning2:

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #17,679 of 19,652
Unfortunately (for us) no - the firmware (binaries) are closed an proprietary.  If you didn't know what you were doing, you might end up bricking it.

Lets see what Fiio comes back with.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #17,680 of 19,652
What Brooko said. We can not custom assign buttons or change functionality.

Jun 16, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #17,681 of 19,652

Just curious if you had tried a reset?

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #17,684 of 19,652
  Keep the power button pressed for a pretty long time.

Tried it. But don't know whether it did a reset or not. The unit got started and then eventually turned off with a couple of 'clicks' inside. Tried pressing the power button with the unit turned off first and also with the unit turned on. But it did not resolve the issue with the scroll wheel. :frowning2:

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #17,685 of 19,652
  Tried it. But don't know whether it did a reset or not. The unit got started and then eventually turned off with a couple of 'clicks' inside. Tried pressing the power button with the unit turned off first and also with the unit turned on. But it did not resolve the issue with the scroll wheel. :frowning2:

If you tried the reset button with a small pin (please do try again) then yeah, I hate to say but your unit should go back :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back