The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 14, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #16,951 of 19,652
i guess that this does not really help. i was wondering if the scroll you god is the same as the one in x3II. on it, it is a very tight wheel, that still overshots, but very very tight.

Not too sure...what does not help..was answering your question and no mention of X311.....also don't have it...so not sure what you mean...

For now...the X5 is NOT giving me grief but only JOY....sound is fantastic awesome and everything is working fine......unless you are buying X311 only for the scroll wheel

Lol

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #16,952 of 19,652
i guess that this does not really help. i was wondering if the scroll you god is the same as the one in x3II. on it, it is a very tight wheel, that still overshots, but very very tight.

He said it was tight and accurate. Sounds closer to the X3 II to me but unless someone had both side by side how close would be impossible to tell.

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #16,953 of 19,652
He said it was tight and accurate. Sounds closer to the X3 II to me but unless someone had both side by side how close would be impossible to tell.

if you had hold x3II in hand, it is tight, i mean, really tight, closer to a slider than a wheel, i was curious if newer x5 are closer to that, or only better x5 wheel.

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #16,954 of 19,652

As long as it's an OPTION, as I have no desire to go through 22,000 files to enter data into the Album Artist tab.

And yes, anyone with more than 8 GB of files is going to have to stick with the folder option for God knows how long because it's become pretty obvious that FiiO just doesn't care about the fact that most of us have no way to work with half of their GUI. I'm betting that they're saving the fix as an inducement to buy the X7, which I have no desire to do.

I'm quite unimpressed with the new FW. A few VERY minor glitches cleaned up (things that one competent code monkey could have done in a week, yet it took HOW long?), while continuing to ignore the 2000 lb gorilla in the room.

I'm guessing that this FW satisfied the concerns of less than a few dozen users.

I think you could pretty quickly enter your data into the Album Artist tab using MP3Tag.  I'm not sure, but you can automate almost anything with that program.

Concerning the Album Artist option, I would imagine that it could easily be done via an additional menu item in the category browser.  I guess another workaround would be to re-categorize all of my compilations using the genre tag.

Regardless, this is something that Fiio and most of the posters here seem uninterested in addressing, so I'll stop beating that dead horse.

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #16,956 of 19,652
Old wheel...sorry...felt like headless chicken...wheel is way too loose...most time moving anti direction when scrolling...all in all..doin me head in

New wheel....feel much tight.....very accurate scrolling....scrolling as it should according to the direction me intended....fantastic Fiio support

Does the wheel click at all or just spin around? That was something that was noticeably different between X5 (no clicks) and the new X3 (noticeable clicks).

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #16,957 of 19,652
Does the wheel click at all or just spin around? That was something that was noticeably different between X5 (no clicks) and the new X3 (noticeable clicks).

No clicks....but after using since me got them...the control is so much better...For example..the direction and the control is very good compared to previous unit where scroll forward does not correspond to the intended direction but either scroll backwards or straight to the last item instead of the next ...

Happy to report...Happy with the control....very happy

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #16,958 of 19,652
No clicks....but after using since me got them...the control is so much better...For example..the direction and the control is very good compared to previous unit where scroll forward does not correspond to the intended direction but either scroll backwards or straight to the last item instead of the next ...

Happy to report...Happy with the control....very happy

thanks a lot! It is still x5 wheel. 

so maybe on x5II we will get the new clicking wheel..

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #16,959 of 19,652
The Cure classics go on and on...

The Caterpillar just blows my mind. I try to sing along and get absolutely tongue-tied!

Funnily enough, my four year old son has started requesting Iron Maiden - another of my all time faves. Loves the music and the "scary monster" on the covers
wink.gif

In your honour, I listened to Low Life this morning on my commute to work. Blasting. Sunrise shared with the bus Sub-Culture was like a Perfect Kiss.

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #16,960 of 19,652
Thanks for the rant. Very helpful.

I understand the concerns but is it really that terrible for you? I mean c'mon it can't be that bad.

If you don't want to take the time to organize your data tags then what else do you expect? I wouldn't blame FiiO for the lack of organization.

You may prefer a used iPod classic or iPod touch and an external amp like the Oppo HA-2 to organize and play your music, or grab a Sony player.

My tags are perfectly organized. The only entriy in the Album Artist fields is 'various', where it's appropriate. Foobar works much better this way. I've had an iPod classic for years. The SQ sucks but the GUI is pretty damned good. Its randomization is a sad joke, also.

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #16,962 of 19,652
My tags are perfectly organized. The only entriy in the Album Artist fields is 'various', where it's appropriate. Foobar works much better this way. I've had an iPod classic for years. The SQ sucks but the GUI is pretty damned good. Its randomization is a sad joke, also.

The iPod HA-2 combo bypasses all the audio components from the iPod and uses the DAC and amp in the HA-2.

You had mentioned in your earlier post you do not want change your id3 tags................. Don't know what else to say.

Apr 14, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #16,963 of 19,652
The iPod HA-2 combo bypasses all the audio components from the iPod and uses the DAC and amp in the HA-2.

You had mentioned in your earlier post you do not want change your id3 tags................. Don't know what else to say.

Just bought the HA2 can't wait to get it! Just got done rockin my X5E12 w/ HE400i while finally doing/finishing my taxes! Listen to music while doing my taxes was somewhat relaxing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back