The Fiio X5 Thread
Dec 18, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #14,266 of 19,652
It sounds like the issue is either a hardware fault.......... or............. you simply aren't holding the power button long enough (3-4 seconds).

When the button is pressed with a short press it puts the unit in to sleep mode and wakes it from sleep mode. If the unit is off a short press won't do anything. To turn it on you need to HOLD it until you see the animation start up and vice versa to turn it off.

If using the above technique and it still won't work you should get a hold of FiiO.

Yes, I've held down the button for 1 second (let go), 2 seconds (let go), 3 seconds (let go).... all the way to 1 minute straight [of continuously holding the power button down and then letting go at the end of 60 seconds]. It will only turn on I'd say, once every 50-100 presses of any random amount of time I've held down the power button. Seems to be hardware. Contacting the retailer I bought it from and looking to get a return/replacement.

Edit: Once it turned on after holding the button down for ~30 seconds, once it turned on after just 3 seconds, and once after 10 seconds; I've only been able to turn it on 3 times.

Edit 2: See what I don't get is why the power button would work perfectly fine, every single time to turn off the screen for lock/sleep mode (whichever it's called) and to completely turn the device off - It works the first time, every time, but for when it comes time to turn it on, it takes 50-100 held presses.

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #14,267 of 19,652
  If by OS you're referring to my PC, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate or if you're referring to my FiiO, I am now on the FW 2.36 Beta as provided to me in the posts above.

To clarify, I had the micro sd card formatted by my FiiO X5 and merely put my songs onto the SD card via my PC (ie. I did not use my computer to format the SD card, if that helps).

MAC OS seems to cause some problems... but this is not the case with you... 

Dec 18, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #14,268 of 19,652
  MAC OS seems to cause some problems... but this is not the case with you... 

I wish that was the problem haha! Then I could at least solve it.

Thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate it 
redface.gif

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #14,269 of 19,652
Yes, I've held down the button for 1 second (let go), 2 seconds (let go), 3 seconds (let go).... all the way to 1 minute straight [of continuously holding the power button down and then letting go at the end of 60 seconds]. It will only turn on I'd say, once every 50-100 presses of any random amount of time I've held down the power button. Seems to be hardware. Contacting the retailer I bought it from and looking to get a return/replacement.

Edit: Once it turned on after holding the button down for ~30 seconds, once it turned on after just 3 seconds, and once after 10 seconds; I've only been able to turn it on 3 times.

Edit 2: See what I don't get is why the power button would work perfectly fine, every single time to turn off the screen for lock/sleep mode (whichever it's called) and to completely turn the device off - It works the first time, every time, but for when it comes time to turn it on, it takes 50-100 held presses.

Man, that really blows.

Sorry if I came across as condescending but I wanted to make sure. Good luck.

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #14,270 of 19,652
Man, that really blows.

Sorry if I came across as condescending but I wanted to make sure. Good luck.

Not at all my! I am truly grateful for your willingness to help; sometimes it's the very simple things we miss/overlook, such as holding down a button longer than we already have been and we just need a friendly reminder. Unfortunately, that is not the case here. Thanks for the kind wishes, I think I'll just stop worrying and aim for a replacement.

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #14,271 of 19,652
  Good day everyone. 
For those not following the custom/modded firmware thread, just wanted to share my theme for the X5, FW version is the latest 2.36.

Don't worry about the much smaller file size as compared to "stock" firmware, this is only due to a much smaller font file size. 

Modern Simplicity:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xbhhzqzdg31z28d/X5_Modern_Simplicity_FW2.36.zip

Modern Simplicity Darker (for those with "vintage" eyes, has a slightly darker background in lists):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l85xm0mc5q1xqai/X5_Modern_Simplicity_FW2.36_Darker.zip

I installed it and love the looks of your mod. Thanks for the good work TheoS53!

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #14,277 of 19,652
  Dear James/Joe,

A little nags here, why don't we include official themes that can be customized with user's skin like Theo's one :)

Regards,
vayz

quite difficult to explained in by couples word. but we are very very busy right now. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #14,279 of 19,652

quite difficult to explained in by couples word. but we are very very busy right now. 

I don't see why.   You've only got three players getting periodic firmware updates and a new flagship model in beta testing (hardware AND software) plus finding new retailers/distributers.  <See, this is where the sarcasm emoji would go.>

Take your time, give the engineers a pat on the head from us for the last X5 firmware beta (great job!), go get a drink, watch a movie.  
regular_smile .gif

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #14,280 of 19,652
I don't see why.   You've only got three players getting periodic firmware updates and a new flagship model in beta testing (hardware AND software) plus finding new retailers/distributers.  

Take your time, give the engineers a pat on the head from us for the last X5 firmware beta (great job!), go get a drink, watch a movie.  
regular_smile%20.gif

Well said..though me is not one the cool kid(only have X3)....great job on all Fiio products = James...thinking of getting either X5 or X1....Me wanna be cool too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back