The Fiio X5 Thread
Dec 17, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #14,236 of 19,652
I just finished charging, the light went from red to green. I unplugged it and tried turning it on and it wouldn't.

I've tried with the SD card in and with it out.

I've held the power button at different variations, from 1 - 10 seconds and letting go after however many seconds; still doesn't work

I was only able to turn it on when it was charging, but now even with it plugged in, it won't turn on.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #14,237 of 19,652
Charge it?  Plug the USB cord into a power block and put that in an AC outlet.  It should show charging (you can press the ON button for a second as well).

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #14,239 of 19,652
I've charged it via a 5.0 V / 2 A charger for the past 4 hours. It was red when I first charged it, but not the 4 little dots show green. It won't show the charging screen at all (anymore).

Your charger should be fine. What happens when you connect it the computer?

Joe has posted the below quote (literally a couple pages back) to another user with a similar problem. Perhaps give this a try.

What happens if you press the upper left button of the X keygroup while poking the reset hole? (This should start the firmware reflashing program even if the player is hung)
Just to see whether it is possible to reflash the firmware.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #14,241 of 19,652
Can anyone give me a few tips on how (if possible) to manage the music on my Fiio X5 with FooBar 2k? I know the iPod needs the DLL file in order to be able to sync with Foobar but I thought it would be easy with the Fiio X5 because its simple USB Mass storage. I've been managing my music with file explorer but the way I have my music organized its difficult to find songs that I want to modify.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #14,242 of 19,652
Your charger should be fine. What happens when you connect it the computer?

Joe has posted the below quote (literally a couple pages back) to another user with a similar problem. Perhaps give this a try.

I actually tried that and it still wasn't working :\ (I should have been more specific when I said I tried using the reset button, but that's what I did).

I'm going to let it charge for a few more hours and see.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #14,243 of 19,652
I actually tried that and it still wasn't working :\ (I should have been more specific when I said I tried using the reset button, but that's what I did).

I'm going to let it charge for a few more hours and see.

Might be time to contact FiiO

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #14,244 of 19,652
Oops

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #14,245 of 19,652
I am trying to get my X5 to work with my phone to play spotify through usb, but haven't been able to. Has anyone else tried?

Not possible

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #14,246 of 19,652
Might be time to contact FiiO

Yeah, It's just confusing/frustrating to me because it turned on just fine earlier.
confused.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #14,247 of 19,652
That's so strange, it just turned on after 1 hour of trouble shooting and refusing to turn on, with a single press of the power button... 
blink.gif

Edit:
So apparently whenever it goes to sleep automatically (I have it set to autosleep after 2 minutes), it won't turn on no matter what I do; it's stuck and won't turn on again, I'm so confused 
confused.gif

Edit 2: So it turned on again after 15 minutes of just me pressing the power button every once in a while. This time, I manually turned it off and just like before, it won't turn on again. Any idea what could be causing this? I will be doing a factory reset the next time it turns on.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #14,248 of 19,652
  I listen to my X1 with Altone200s, and the combo just seems nice and light together (not light in weight but in attitude/synergy).  I wouldn't want to amp it, that would take away the fun that I perceive from the combo.  Others may disagree.  

As for the X5, it just sounds so good by itself that I have no desire to amp it.  Unlike my DX50, that needed an amp.  

Olddude,

I agree on the X5; at least for IEMs.

I have given the Altone 200 some time on the X1 alone.  I agree, they do work very well together.  However, I will keep the X1 with the E12A most of the time.  All my other IEMs just do not sound as good out of the X1 alone.  Knowing that the X1 and Altone work so well together gives me a option for a small/light/high SQ kit when I need to go small.  None of my other kits come close to the SQ to size ratio of the X1/Altone.  I have smaller but they miss the SQ bar set by the X1/Altone.

Also, I tried the 24/96 Flac of Quicksilver vs my ALAC copy.  FLAC wins.  Now I am thinking is that due to the quality of the file or is it the HiRes format …. it is very hard to un-hear …. so what now?  More HiRes?

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #14,249 of 19,652
I am trying to get my X5 to work with my phone to play spotify through usb, but haven't been able to. Has anyone else tried?

Hey mate. plug the USB OTG dongle you got with the X5 into the phone.  Then run another USB cable from the adaptor to your X5. Make sure you have changed the USB function from 'storage' to 'DAC' in the X5 main settings first.  I initially plugged the OTG dongle to the X5 which was a mistake :O. Mine works perfectly with spotify, pandora etc. Galaxy Note 3, HTC One M8 and HTC One X. 

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #14,250 of 19,652

Olddude,

I agree on the X5; at least for IEMs.

I have given the Altone 200 some time on the X1 alone.  I agree, they do work very well together.  However, I will keep the X1 with the E12A most of the time.  All my other IEMs just do not sound as good out of the X1 alone.  Knowing that the X1 and Altone work so well together gives me a option for a small/light/high SQ kit when I need to go small.  None of my other kits come close to the SQ to size ratio of the X1/Altone.  I have smaller but they miss the SQ bar set by the X1/Altone.

Also, I tried the 24/96 Flac of Quicksilver vs my ALAC copy.  FLAC wins.  Now I am thinking is that due to the quality of the file or is it the HiRes format …. it is very hard to un-hear …. so what now?  More HiRes?

It could be the mix, but it sure sounds the same to me.  I've been listening to it since it came out, vinyl to cd to hi-res and it just sound like it should.  The high end is so clear, and the bass is so tight.  And the guitars just meld together so well.  The horns on John C's speakers sound like heaven.  Try to find the SACD ISO of Layla.  fFrst great-sounding version I've heard since the half-speed master vinyl (and that one had a missing line in the cutting).  It's superb.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back