The Fiio X5 Thread
Dec 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #14,221 of 19,652

Thanks guys,

Yes, I'm using a Mac.  I was not aware of hidden files being created.  So thanks RELIC.  I'll try that system.  I'm surprised it only creates the hidden files with some of the songs.

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #14,222 of 19,652
It puts three files (sometimes four) on your card each time you plug the card into a reader or the device into a computer, both via USB.

Folder : ._.Trashes
Folder : .Spotlight-V100
Folder : .fseventsd
Folder : /Trashes

Just delete these after you finish working on your card (plugged into Mac via USB) BEFORE you eject the mounted image and unplug.  Make it part of your workflow.  With Blue Harvest I just right click, choose BH, delete the files with a single click, and then eject the disc.  Since the Fiio has two cards, I do it twice.  I'm not sure how the above works but it should basically be the same order.  

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #14,223 of 19,652
Thanks guys,

Yes, I'm using a Mac.  I was not aware of hidden files being created.  So thanks RELIC.  I'll try that system.  I'm surprised it only creates the hidden files with some of the songs.
It puts three files (sometimes four) on your card each time you plug the card into a reader or the device into a computer, both via USB.

Folder : ._.Trashes

Folder : .Spotlight-V100

Folder : .fseventsd

Folder : /Trashes

Just delete these after you finish working on your card (plugged into Mac via USB) BEFORE you eject the mounted image and unplug.  Make it part of your workflow.  With Blue Harvest I just right click, choose BH, delete the files with a single click, and then eject the disc.  Since the Fiio has two cards, I do it twice.  I'm not sure how the above works but it should basically be the same order.  

Yeah, with 'eject for windows' you literally drag your mounted drive (mSD card) on to the icon and it ejects and cleans at the same time, including the files olddude mentioned above. Easy as 123. I think the reason only certain files are 'duplicated' is those are the ones that you accessed in OSX so then finder indexed them and that is what you see on the X5 (.musicfile.format or whatever).

Basically, anything that has a . before the name is part of the OSX index system.

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #14,224 of 19,652
Try pressing the Shortcuts key (upper left button of the X keygroup) with the selection highlight hovering over a folder. Be warned, the delete button in this version has no confirmation dialog and can hang the X5 besides. I recommend waiting for the final release for this function
redface.gif

I must still be doing something wrong as the folder is still there - i pressed the shoprtcuts key while selecting a folder in the artists category and nothing happened - no delete option and it did not do it automatically either - ???

d

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #14,225 of 19,652
Sounds like your using a Mac, right? If so then OSX puts hidden files on the mSD card that the X5 doesn't hide.

You need to eject your cards with a program like 'Eject for Windows' and that'll clean up the duplicate files before it ejects from OSX. .

If using Windows then I don't know.

Edit: This is what I use. Here's the link

http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/decafish/EjectForWindows/EjectForWindowsE.html

I am using USBClean from the app store, the developer keeps it up to date and responds to any questions.

Here is a link:

http://sweetpproductions.com/blog/?cat=22

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #14,226 of 19,652

I must still be doing something wrong as the folder is still there - i pressed the shoprtcuts key while selecting a folder in the artists category and nothing happened - no delete option and it did not do it automatically either - ???

d

How many icons are you getting?  I could only see 4, but if you scroll left to right (on the modified fw I have), you'll actually see the first icon is actually 2 (one is hidden).  They need to reduce the size of the icons so they all fit on screen.

So make sure you are in Folder Browsing mode, select a folder, click upper left button to show menu.  Options should show TF1, TF2. OTG, Play Arrow, then go one more right, and you'll actually end up back to the left again showing a slightly off-set hidden icon.  Clicking that deletes the folder.  Careful though, as Joe states, there is no confirmation check - it just deletes.

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #14,227 of 19,652

How many icons are you getting?  I could only see 4, but if you scroll left to right (on the modified fw I have), you'll actually see the first icon is actually 2 (one is hidden).  They need to reduce the size of the icons so they all fit on screen.

So make sure you are in Folder Browsing mode, select a folder, click upper left button to show menu.  Options should show TF1, TF2. OTG, Play Arrow, then go one more right, and you'll actually end up back to the left again showing a slightly off-set hidden icon.  Clicking that deletes the folder.  Careful though, as Joe states, there is no confirmation check - it just deletes.

Many thanks - this worked after a slight delay - you are right, the icons need to be smaller

d

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #14,228 of 19,652
I am having hard time deciding between x3 and x5....I am more concerned on bass output of x5....many say it's less compared to x3 and x3 has dedicated hardware bass and treble which x5 lacks

But since x5 has eq....so can I boost bass using it ? Like boosting lower freqs ?

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #14,229 of 19,652
I just ordered the x5. And a pair of psb super awesome headphones. I also ordered 2 extremely cheap 128 gb micro sd cards from china. I know that I'm taking a gamble on them working or not but for 10 bucks why not. Has anyone tried these micro sd card nockoffs?

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #14,230 of 19,652
  I am having hard time deciding between x3 and x5....I am more concerned on bass output of x5....many say it's less compared to x3 and x3 has dedicated hardware bass and treble which x5 lacks

But since x5 has eq....so can I boost bass using it ? Like boosting lower freqs ?

I have to drop the high eq. paired with an amp like the e12 it gets nutz (vid above) without e12 it puts out plenty of bass (vid below) unless your a chronic basshead like me in which case your just an amp away. The X3 is a "band eq" I don't know where that is centered so I skipped it.

The screenshot on the vid below works good

Dec 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #14,231 of 19,652
I just ordered the x5. And a pair of psb super awesome headphones. I also ordered 2 extremely cheap 128 gb micro sd cards from china. I know that I'm taking a gamble on them working or not but for 10 bucks why not. Has anyone tried these micro sd card nockoffs?

Even ten bucks is a gamble for what is obviously a scam. Only reputable company making 128 micro cards is Sandisc and you need to pay at least $100.

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #14,232 of 19,652
I have to drop the high eq. paired with an amp like the e12 it gets nutz (vid above) without e12 it puts out plenty of bass (vid below) unless your a chronic basshead like me in which case your just an amp away. The X3 is a "band eq" I don't know where that is centered so I skipped it.

The screenshot on the vid below works good

Thanks for the vid but what you mean by band EQ of x3? Is it bad than x5

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #14,233 of 19,652
The true random play with the 2.36fw is going to save me a lot of money on buying new music. With 3000+ songs now, I'm hearing a lot of songs that I've never heard before.
smile.gif

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #14,234 of 19,652
Hey guys,

I just got my new X5 today and it will no longer power on, what could be wrong, did I somehow lock it? (It was working a few times before).

I can't turn it on for the life of me, I've tried the reset button as well, but to no avail.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #14,235 of 19,652
Hey guys,

I just got my new X5 today and it will no longer power on, would be wrong, did I somehow lock it? (It was working a few times before).

I can't turn it on for the life of me, I've tried the reset button as well, but to no avail.

Is the battery dead? Can you charge it? Did you hold the power button long enough? Did you remove your mSD cards and try to power it on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back