The Fiio X5 Thread
Dec 16, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #14,206 of 19,652
For the next update, can you create the ability to delete songs from playlists?

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #14,209 of 19,652
I'm delighted with the 2.36 beta -- everything is working for me as it should, including true random shuffle by genre.  Now, the only remaining item on my wish list:

Like many older listeners, my hearing is not the same in both ears -- I have a bit of a hearing deficit in my right ear which requires adjusting the balance between the two channels.  Up until now, I've been doing this with volume control devices that go between the headphones and the player.  It's not a great solution because the volume knobs frequently move on their own and I take a slight hit on sound quality with the add-in controls.

The X5 has a balance control, but it only works for the Headphone Out.  I use my X5 with my E12, Line Out on the X5 to Line In on the E12.  The balance control doesn't have any affect on Line Out.  Is there any possibility of allowing the X5's balance control to affect Line Out as well?

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #14,211 of 19,652
I'm delighted with the 2.36 beta -- everything is working for me as it should, including true random shuffle by genre.  Now, the only remaining item on my wish list:

Like many older listeners, my hearing is not the same in both ears -- I have a bit of a hearing deficit in my right ear which requires adjusting the balance between the two channels.  Up until now, I've been doing this with volume control devices that go between the headphones and the player.  It's not a great solution because the volume knobs frequently move on their own and I take a slight hit on sound quality with the add-in controls.

The X5 has a balance control, but it only works for the Headphone Out.  I use my X5 with my E12, Line Out on the X5 to Line In on the E12.  The balance control doesn't have any affect on Line Out.  Is there any possibility of allowing the X5's balance control to affect Line Out as well?

I'm pretty sure they implemented the balanced controls in the amp section so it would be impossible to use with line out. I could be wrong though given that they are using the SOC for the EQ which can be used on all outputs. Maybe they can implement balance controls there as well.

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #14,212 of 19,652
  For the next update, can you create the ability to delete songs from playlists?

This option was already available in 2.2 FW or whatever was stable before 2.34 and 2.36b. I only know because I had Hi Rez songs loaded into my play lists and when I moved all Hi Rez to card slot 2 which was empty prior...I got error messages that songs couldn't be found when I tried using the previous play lists. It "was" just a matter of figuring out the menu button sequence. Not sure with latest FW but can't imagine why it would have been removed.

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #14,213 of 19,652

not the best solution, might be not even good,  but if nothing else can be done, you can connect the line in of the external amp to the headphone out of the x5. consider that line in of the e12 has a huge resistance, so mostly, it should sound similar. if the sound is not great i am sorry for coming with the ideea..

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #14,214 of 19,652
  This option was already available in 2.2 FW or whatever was stable before 2.34 and 2.36b. I only know because I had Hi Rez songs loaded into my play lists and when I moved all Hi Rez to card slot 2 which was empty prior...I got error messages that songs couldn't be found when I tried using the previous play lists. It "was" just a matter of figuring out the menu button sequence. Not sure with latest FW but can't imagine why it would have been removed.

Deleting a song on a playlist deletes the song from your mSD card altogether. Deleting your entire playlist does not do this however (luckily)

I'm currently using FW 2.2

Jw, if we transfer all our music files to another mSD card, do we lose the tracks on our favorites list or will the X5 be able to locate the files? 

I have about 150 tracks on my favorites list, losing all of them because of a mSD card swap would be frustrating 

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #14,215 of 19,652
I'm looking for some help from everyone here.  

I have had my X5 for a couple weeks now and have 2.2 loaded.  My problem is that some of my folders show double songs.  When I plug via USB, and open the folders, the folders show the albums normally with only one of each song included.  When I go to play the folder on the X5, it shows every song in the folder with a duplicate, but I can not play the other songs.  It says file is not available.  This is only on about 10 percent of my music folders, but are some of the ones I listen to, so this is frustrating as the player stops when it can not play the song.  Is this common with others, or just my machine?

I have tried to have the X5 re-recognize the library, but this does not solve the problem?  Anyone have any ideas for me?  

Thanks.

Ron

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #14,216 of 19,652
  Deleting a song on a playlist deletes the song from your mSD card altogether. Deleting your entire playlist does not do this however (luckily)

I'm currently using FW 2.2

Jw, if we transfer all our music files to another mSD card, do we lose the tracks on our favorites list or will the X5 be able to locate the files? 

I have about 150 tracks on my favorites list, losing all of them because of a mSD card swap would be frustrating 

My playlist accessed songs on my T1 card. I moved those songs to T2 and then deleted the songs that were no longer accessible through the original playlists. I didn't lose any songs. Perhaps the playlist are mapped to the location that the music is stored on? Since the songs were moved prior to removing them from the playlist they weren't deleted because they were no longer in the mapped location that was essentially deleted?

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #14,217 of 19,652
I'm looking for some help from everyone here.  

I have had my X5 for a couple weeks now and have 2.2 loaded.  My problem is that some of my folders show double songs.  When I plug via USB, and open the folders, the folders show the albums normally with only one of each song included.  When I go to play the folder on the X5, it shows every song in the folder with a duplicate, but I can not play the other songs.  It says file is not available.  This is only on about 10 percent of my music folders, but are some of the ones I listen to, so this is frustrating as the player stops when it can not play the song.  Is this common with others, or just my machine?

I have tried to have the X5 re-recognize the library, but this does not solve the problem?  Anyone have any ideas for me?  

Thanks.

Ron

Sounds like your using a Mac, right? If so then OSX puts hidden files on the mSD card that the X5 doesn't hide.

You need to eject your cards with a program like 'Eject for Windows' and that'll clean up the duplicate files before it ejects from OSX. .

If using Windows then I don't know.

Edit: This is what I use. Here's the link

http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/decafish/EjectForWindows/EjectForWindowsE.html

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #14,218 of 19,652
Sounds like your using a Mac, right? If so then OSX puts hidden files on the mSD card that the X5 doesn't hide.

You need to eject your cards with a program like 'Eject for Windows' and that'll clean up the duplicate files before it ejects from OSX. .

If using Windows then I don't know.

Edit: This is what I use. Here's the link

http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/decafish/EjectForWindows/EjectForWindowsE.html

Since this is a VERY common question, maybe the OP can put this in the first post? Hint, hint :wink:

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #14,219 of 19,652
Since this is a VERY common question, maybe the OP can put this in the first post? Hint, hint :wink:

Would be immensely helpful. :wink:

Dec 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #14,220 of 19,652
I use Blue Harvest, which is a paid app, but same deal.  Supposedly Fiio will implement this in the firmware at some point to automatically delete the Spotlight and other Mac crap.  I had to start doing this with my Colorfly C3.  Did it with my DX50 out of habit and now with my X5.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back