The Fiio X5 Thread
Aug 10, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #11,702 of 19,652
Could someone explain how to get playlists created on the pc top work, i have tried and the x5 is still not recognizing them

Here is a copy of one - it is saved as a m3u8 file but i tried m3u as well

EXTM3U

TF1:\New folder\Amina Claudine Myers - Salutes Bessie Smith.flac

TF1:\New folder\01 Wasted Life Blues.flac

TF1:\New folder\02 Dirty No-Gooder's Blue.flac

TF1:\New folder\03 Jailhouse Blues.flac

TF1:\New folder\Arthur Prysock - Compact Jazz - Arthur Prysock.flac

TF1:\New folder\Arthur Prysock - The Best Of Arthur Prysock (The Milestone Years).flac

TF1:\New folder\Arthur Prysock - The Best Of Arthur Prysock (The Milestone Years).flac

Any ideas - it resides in the root of the tf1 slot.

thanks

d

#EXTM3U

No, this is not a gapless related issue.
The skip occurs not at the beginning of the song, it can occur at any point in the song.
Really annoying! :frowning2:

What type and brand of micro SD card do you use?

Aug 10, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #11,704 of 19,652
  Okay, I don't need it but I think I want it anyway.

E12 or E12 DIY?

And if E12 DIY silver or gold?

My phones do not require either but I desire new toys. I think I'd enjoy the E12 and would miss the features they removed on the E12 DIY. Plus I am nervous about the if you have problems with it your on your own aspect of the DIY. Not that I have had problems with any Fiio gear so far.

The headphones I use do not require more than the X5 offers I'm just in the mood.

Just to throw another wrench in the machine, I think Fiio is planning on releasing a new iem version of the e12 in the near future.

Aug 10, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #11,705 of 19,652
Hey all,

I have owned the X5 for quite a while now and I used to pair my x5 with the v-moda m80. However, I'm thinking about IEMs now because but the m80 doesn't isolate noise well enough when I'm out on the street.

These are the several IEMs I have looked at:
Shure SE215
Sony MH1C
RHA MA750
JVC HA-FXT90

I didn't include the GR07 because I heard it sounds like the M80. Not that I don't like the M80 but I would like to try something new. My m80 is the first audiophile cans. The reason I picked the IEMs above is mostly because of their sound and build quality. I hesitated about IEMs because they look fragile to me. I'm limit on budget and can't afford replacing them every time I break one, unless it is something like the sony MH1C that's cheap enough for me to ignore the cost. 

Can anyone give me some advice as to how these will pair with the X5? I mostly listen to pop, jazz, acoustics, any kind of soundtrack music, a bit of rock and sometimes classical; so that's pretty much a bit of everything I guess. Thanks a lot!

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #11,710 of 19,652
  Hey all,

I have owned the X5 for quite a while now and I used to pair my x5 with the v-moda m80. However, I'm thinking about IEMs now because but the m80 doesn't isolate noise well enough when I'm out on the street.

Shure SE215
Sony MH1C
RHA MA750
JVC HA-FXT90

I didn't include the GR07 because I heard it sounds like the M80. Not that I don't like the M80 but I would like to try something new. My m80 is the first audiophile cans. The reason I picked the IEMs above is mostly because of their sound and build quality. I hesitated about IEMs because they look fragile to me. I'm limit on budget and can't afford replacing them every time I break one, unless it is something like the sony MH1C that's cheap enough for me to ignore the cost. 

Can anyone give me some advice as to how these will pair with the X5? I mostly listen to pop, jazz, acoustics, any kind of soundtrack music, a bit of rock and sometimes classical; so that's pretty much a bit of everything I guess. Thanks a lot!

I was going to post something similar, so I'm looking forward to the replies on this.  (My K550s are just too big for work and don't block enough noise for travel - my Klipsch S4 in-ears just sound crap in comparison.)

I'm also sick of in-ears breaking on me and refuse to spend more than £80.

The MH1 recable is quite good and the 215 is great bc it features removable cables. Either would suit your needs well.

215 look OK, I've had Shures before (although they broke with a month of warranty left and I emailed Shure but got no response).

Anybody own these?  And how long for?

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #11,711 of 19,652
  Hey all,

Shure SE215
Sony MH1C
RHA MA750
JVC HA-FXT90

I've got the RHA MA750's and they sound great with the X5. Plus you get a 3 year warranty and about 10 different tips to choose from.

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #11,712 of 19,652
  Hey all,

Shure SE215
Sony MH1C
RHA MA750
JVC HA-FXT90

Hey

You could consider the new range of ATH-IM iems from Audio Technica. They feature removable cables and theres a whole range to fit your preferred sound at great price points. There are 2 dynamic models, the IM-50 & 70 which have impactful bass-centric sound but still very detailed...very similar to the SE215s you mentioned but IMO are in a totally different league. There are 4 ba models the IM01-04 that are single to quad drivers, each with a very unique signature.

I went with the ATH-IM02s, which to my ears sounded the best of the lot...The most detailed reproduction I've heard in an iem with a huge soundstage and fantastic imaging. The IM02's in particular are picky when it comes to pairing...but pair perfectly with the X5 and sound fantastic. Although I'd give it to the Shures when it comes to noise isolation. 

Check out more detailed opinions here http://www.head-fi.org/t/705687/review-of-audio-technica-ath-im01-ath-im02-ath-im03-ath-im04-ath-im50-ath-im70

Cheers

P.S. I also own the VSD3S and GR07, and since I got the IM02s I've not touched the Vsonics :frowning2: 

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #11,713 of 19,652
I'm also in two minds over the E12, maybe I need some more convincing!

As I've said, the K550s need a bass boost, and I'm currently doing that with the aux on my E17 (set to 6).  With different settings to choose from (and also treble to adjust) I'm wondering whether I need that E12.  I know it looks good - and I'd like a proper volume knob - but I dunno.  Will that one bass boost setting be sufficient?  That's what I ask myself.

The X5 seems to sound clearer with heaphones straight into the device (or maybe it's simply a mind trick).  But there's just no bass - and the custom EQ doesn't cut it at all.  I've never seen myself as a basshead, though.  The X5 and E17 sound fab, but could it be better?  That's also what I ask myself.

I have ordered the stacking kit already - the cable looked like a tasty upgrade.

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #11,714 of 19,652
If I remember, the stacking kit is only like a dollar more than buying the cable straight, so I'd you decide you don't like the kit, there's no real loss.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #11,715 of 19,652
If I remember, the stacking kit is only like a dollar more than buying the cable straight, so I'd you decide you don't like the kit, there's no real loss.

That's right - I read (probably on this thread) that it's worth the price alone.  Even if I do get the E12, I might not use the kit as it doesn't look like it'll fit with the leather case on - and that case is smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back