The Fiio X5 Thread
Jun 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #10,112 of 19,652
BRICKED

So, after owning this thing for maybe 2 months or so now, my X5 has completely died on me. I've tried taking the memory cards out and restarting it, nothing. I also tried hitting the reset button which led to more black screen. What the heck is with high-end audio these days, my SE846's died within a week of owning them (and they are marketed as a $1000 IEM) and now my X5 dies within 2 months. Hope FIIO's customer service is good so I can get this thing replaced as I was really enjoying it, even if I had to put up with a little track skipping and stuttering. But for a product to die within 2 months makes me wonder how long exactly these things will hold up in the long run. Has anyone else's X5 died on them, or am I the 1st to experience this? Also, the battery was fully charged, so it's not just the battery that died.

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #10,113 of 19,652
BRICKED

So, after owning this thing for maybe 2 months or so now, my X5 has completely died on me. I've tried taking the memory cards out and restarting it, nothing. I also tried hitting the reset button which led to more black screen. What the heck is with high-end audio these days, my SE846's died within a week of owning them (and they are marketed as a $1000 IEM) and now my X5 dies within 2 months. Hope FIIO's customer service is good so I can get this thing replaced as I was really enjoying it, even if I had to put up with a little track skipping and stuttering. But for a product to die within 2 months makes me wonder how long exactly these things will hold up in the long run. Has anyone else's X5 died on them, or am I the 1st to experience this? Also, the battery was fully charged, so it's not just the battery that died.

Ah man, that really sucks!

Does the LED light up when you plug in to power?

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #10,115 of 19,652
  BRICKED

Ouch that's definitely a bummer to hear. 

One concern I had with a lot of higher end audio pieces is that if they break, you're out a lot of money. Certainly concerning to hear this. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #10,116 of 19,652
Mine still works , no problem at all during day to day usage never seen that much stutter either , I think you are the first in head fi not many from chinesse audio forums came here i think , and I guess thats where most of the x5 is

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #10,117 of 19,652
Does anyone elses X5 never stop charging? I could leave it plugged in for a day and the light never turns from red to green. If I unplug the cable and plug it back in it will then switch to green and realize the battery is fully charged. I am using the cable it came with and have tried my 1A phone charger and a 2A Nook charger.

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #10,118 of 19,652
Has anyone disassembled an X5 yet? I'd love to know how, and get some nice nude pics of the body...

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #10,119 of 19,652
I'd love to know how, and get some nice nude pics of the body...

DAC pervert....
normal_smile .gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #10,121 of 19,652
Jun 4, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #10,122 of 19,652
  BRICKED

Anything humans make can break. Just email FiiO. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #10,123 of 19,652
  Does anyone elses X5 never stop charging? I could leave it plugged in for a day and the light never turns from red to green. If I unplug the cable and plug it back in it will then switch to green and realize the battery is fully charged. I am using the cable it came with and have tried my 1A phone charger and a 2A Nook charger.

Also in addition to this I checked the temperature while charging. Feels very warm and has only been charging for about a half hour. ~ 40 C
Does this seem normal?

Jun 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #10,124 of 19,652
Also in addition to this I checked the temperature while charging. Feels very warm and has only been charging for about a half hour. ~ 40 C
Does this seem normal?

I don't know what temperature mine is at when charging, but the same as you after about an hour the X5 does get quite warm to touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back