The Fiio X5 Thread
May 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #8,686 of 19,652
   I just started playing Grand Funk Railroad's Closer to Home album....

Great Album from a Great Group...
beerchug.gif

May 5, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #8,688 of 19,652
  Is anybody having track skipping issues? What started out as a minor annoyance has turned into a full blown issue for me, and I am  not sure at this point if I have a defective unit that needs to be returned, or perhaps returning to FW 1.20 would be the best bet as I was not having this issue before. It albums almost every time I use the X5 now, on almost any album, I just started playing Grand Funk Railroad's Closer to Home album and after finishing the 1st track it started playing 1-2 seconds of the following songs on the album before finally playing the 8th and final song on the album completely. This is getting to be very annoying, can someone please advise what I should do here.

I can't remember if you mentioned previously if you re-flashed the firmware with the current version. If not, I would give that a try.

If you did, search this thread for the 1.23 beta & give that a try. You might want to try the 1.27 beta, but there were a lot of comments about issues.

May 5, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #8,689 of 19,652
  I finally got around to updating to 2.0 and adding some really nice sounding FLAC files to my X5. I have a question about the way things are displayed with FLAC tags though.  My stuff is tagged correctly as verified by MP3Tag and everything shows up correctly on the now playing screen of the X5.  My question is, when browsing my songs either through the "now playing" section of the "browse files" section, all of the songs are listed by the name of the file with the .flac extension and not by their tag information.  What I mean is that when I'm browsing on something like an iPhone I'm used to the songs being listed using the tag info so for example a song list for a given album would look something like:

Warehouse
Granny 
Bartender

and on the X5 it seems to not display the songs when browsing that way and instead it looks something like:

01 - Warehouse.flac
02 - Granny.flac
03 - Bartender.flac

Is there a way for things to be viewed with song title pulled from the tags only instead of with the file extensions?  Thanks in advance and I apologize if this didn't make much sense.

It makes total sense, but from what I've seen there is no way to do it.  I would love to see exactly this feature, as well.

May 5, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #8,690 of 19,652
  It makes total sense, but from what I've seen there is no way to do it.  I would love to see exactly this feature, as well.

Thanks for the reply.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting buried somewhere.

May 5, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #8,691 of 19,652
Is anybody having track skipping issues? What started out as a minor annoyance has turned into a full blown issue for me, and I am  not sure at this point if I have a defective unit that needs to be returned, or perhaps returning to FW 1.20 would be the best bet as I was not having this issue before. It albums almost every time I use the X5 now, on almost any album, I just started playing Grand Funk Railroad's Closer to Home album and after finishing the 1st track it started playing 1-2 seconds of the following songs on the album before finally playing the 8th and final song on the album completely. This is getting to be very annoying, can someone please advise what I should do here.

What file format is the album?
What is the bit rate?
Do you have high resolution album art?

No, you don't want to use FW1.27 beta. FW 1.23 beta was good.

May 6, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #8,693 of 19,652
What file format is the album?

What is the bit rate?

Do you have high resolution album art?

No, you don't want to use FW1.27 beta. FW 1.23 beta was good.

formats vary, but mostly FLAC's on my X5, at various bit rates (24/96, 24/192, 24/88, 24/44, etc) they all seems to be skipping now. No album art in any folders, I don't care about the album art on a DAP honestly. I wonder if there is a new firmware in the works to fix this, or if it is even a known issue?

May 6, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #8,695 of 19,652
I don't understand what that means "red lashing" FW 2.0? I have updated to FW 2.0 and have started to encounter this problem, which has become increasingly more frequent to the point that it's about 90% of the time I play albums the tracks start skipping, turning it off and back on does not solve it any longer.

May 6, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #8,696 of 19,652
I don't understand what that means "red lashing" FW 2.0? I have updated to FW 2.0 and have started to encounter this problem, which has become increasingly more frequent to the point that it's about 90% of the time I play albums the tracks start skipping, turning it off and back on does not solve it any longer.

Re-flash, not red lash. Install the firmware again over the current in case it did not load properly the first time.

May 6, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #8,697 of 19,652

Re-flash, not red lash. Install the firmware again over the current in case it did not load properly the first time.

I'd agree. I haven't had a single error on a wider range of music and formats (and no-one else is reporting this) so there must be either a fault with the FW install, the memory card(s), the files or the player. I think you'll have to isolate any that you haven't already specifically tested for and then maybe seek some support from your retailer. 
frown.gif

May 6, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #8,699 of 19,652

Damn you, autocorrect!!!

May 6, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #8,700 of 19,652
formats vary, but mostly FLAC's on my X5, at various bit rates (24/96, 24/192, 24/88, 24/44, etc) they all seems to be skipping now. No album art in any folders, I don't care about the album art on a DAP honestly. I wonder if there is a new firmware in the works to fix this, or if it is even a known issue?

That's perplexing. Are your FLAC files heavily compressed (compression 8) or on the other end of the spectrum not compressed at all (compression 0)?

Someone else posted this problem and I am wondering if the X5 has an issue with either unpacking the lossless FLAC container or reading large file size FLACs. I use compression level 5 without any issues, nor do I have any issues with high resolution tracks purchased from HD TRACKS.

Also, I'm not sure if it was in this thread or the X3, but I remember someone said that having gapless ON fixed a lot of issues.

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back