The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #7,921 of 19,652
  I wanna report a bug but afraid that when I post it on bugzilla it will be ignored. So I'm gonna post it here as James and Joe often visit this thread I believe.

When playing a song just after the player is turned on, it starts at 0:02 instead of 0:00. Then when you select another song it starts normally at 0:00. I think this bug started in 1.23beta and still carried out in 2.0.
I want to be able to start at 0:00 with the first song I choose just after X5 is powered on. I've only tried it with FLAC or mp3 but 100% if it's the first song to play it starts at 0:02. I hope you can fix this simple problem. Thanks! :)

Best to create a bug and post the link here. Others who experience the same issue then have a really easy way to vote for the bugs that matter. Posting it here probably has less chance of getting it fixed because this thread moves so fast that it will get buried in no time.

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #7,923 of 19,652
here guys: https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=108

Please vote! :)

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #7,924 of 19,652
And here's the enhancement link for the Previous/Next button to not play a track when it is currently paused. Please vote for it too.

https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=109

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #7,926 of 19,652
Just got Firmware 2.0
Is there really still no way to just play all songs from a single artist? You have to select an album. I would love an "All Albums" option... shuffling all the artists songs would also be nice.
I feel like that is a pretty common request, no?
Are there plans for this in the future?

+1
This is the one option I'm waiting for on the X5.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #7,928 of 19,652
And a feature request if it's okay. I hope I can ready a song by pressing forward/backward button without playing it right away when the player is paused. Currently, the behavior is when a song is paused and you press forward or backward button, it forwards/backwards then play it immediately. It's okay if the song is already playing but if it is paused, I think it should remain paused/stopped until I press the OK/Play button. So you can ready a song and only play it if you want to. I hope you find this reasonable. Thank you!

I requested this for the X3, and it seems to have been fixed in 2.14beta :). I'm getting my X5 tomorrow, so I'm hoping they fix it for the X5 soon!

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #7,930 of 19,652
I had to work on overtime tonight, so I just had the time to unpack the unit and now it's on the charge. I will have to wait another day to hear the beauty of this thing after a firmware update. :/
At least I finally have it! :-D
I wonder if I'll be fully satisfied by it alone or if my wish of coupling it with an E12 will remain.
That may be exaggerated.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #7,932 of 19,652
Bug 37 "more custom EQ" status changed to confirmed.

Yes. :D

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #7,933 of 19,652
I had to work on overtime tonight, so I just had the time to unpack the unit and now it's on the charge. I will have to wait another day to hear the beauty of this thing after a firmware update. :/
At least I finally have it! :-D
I wonder if I'll be fully satisfied by it alone or if my wish of coupling it with an E12 will remain.
That may be exaggerated.

I don't think you need an e12 or any amp at all.  Its pretty awesome the way it is.  I just like fuller bass that smothers me like a big woman.  Dat Bass.  If not for my disease, I wouldn't need amps.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #7,935 of 19,652
Bug 37 "more custom EQ" status changed to confirmed.

Yes.
biggrin.gif

Does that mean the EQ will be re-enabled for all file bit/sample rates? Or does it just apply to the current 24/48 & under?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back