The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 6, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #6,196 of 19,652
How long does it take to charge the X5? It's connected via USB to the computer since over 6 hours and I still have the red indicator. Or am I doing something wrong?

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #6,197 of 19,652
@Age8E: Bad news mate, the X5 (and X3) has no ReplayGain support (for now)! :frowning2:

Workaround: Give each audio file you using a ReplayGain tag (preferably via foobar2000), and then use foobar2000 to reconvert them by processing the ReplayGain tag (you will see this option when converting files). Takes a little long, I know...

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #6,199 of 19,652
Unplug it and see if it is at full battery (should be since it's over the recommended duration in the manual)

Thanks, seems it is - but strange that the indicator didn't change to green (I have the 1.20 firmware).

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #6,200 of 19,652

Thanks, seems it is - but strange that the indicator didn't change to green (I have the 1.20 firmware).

If you want, downgrade to 1.00 and see how cos' when I tested it as part of the preview tour, the LED will turn green if it is charging while using it as an USB DAC.

Seems like a small issue thankfully...

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #6,201 of 19,652
I am trying a workaround with lack of playlists by creating playlists within folders on my SD cards and getting rid of sub folders of album titles. That way when I want to play an album I can use the Fiio UI organizer and when I want playlists I will play using folders. It will take time and isn't perfect, but should do the trick.

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #6,202 of 19,652
Is this actually sold anywhere in Europe? I only found one store so far (from ebay) and they don't ship in Italy. 

Hdphns.com and audiogarden.fr will have it in stock anytime soon. I ordered with audiogarden, and it'll arrive here tomorrow.

I am trying a workaround with lack of playlists by creating playlists within folders on my SD cards and getting rid of sub folders of album titles. That way when I want to play an album I can use the Fiio UI organizer and when I want playlists I will play using folders. It will take time and isn't perfect, but should do the trick.

As it seems that artist>album ordering isn't supported(?) i will continue to use the system as i had with the X3:

Filenames:
artist - year - album - discnumber tracknumber - trackname.filetype

This way you have all artists in album year release, and with tracks in order.

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #6,203 of 19,652
---

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #6,204 of 19,652
Hi all Just a quick couple of questions from someone who knows nothing about the tag system, I converted all my music in Itunes to Apple lossless or MP3 files I was hoping to just dump the whole lot on to a SD card and pop it in the X5 will this work. If not I'm not fussed about a complex file structure just artist -song title would be fine so are there any programmes available that would batch process my library of music. Arcright

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #6,205 of 19,652
  How long does it take to charge the X5? It's connected via USB to the computer since over 6 hours and I still have the red indicator. Or am I doing something wrong?

The manual states it takes 4 hours via a wall charger and 9 hours via USB (more if in use too) for a full charge. So plugging it into the wall until the green light comes on is the quickest way to go.

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #6,206 of 19,652
Hdphns.com and audiogarden.fr will have it in stock anytime soon. I ordered with audiogarden, and it'll arrive here tomorrow.
As it seems that artist>album ordering isn't supported(?) i will continue to use the system as i had with the X3:

Filenames:
artist - year - album - discnumber tracknumber - trackname.filetype

This way you have all artists in album year release, and with tracks in order.

Artist -> Album -> song is suported based in tagging. My point is we can use that to play albums etc within the Fiio UI and use folder mode to create playlists because the Fiio UI uses the tags and ignores the folders.

Crossing fingers this works.

Apr 6, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #6,207 of 19,652
Quick question. Was wondering getting fiio e12 to this player just for the extra power and better control on all volumens. thinking of getting highend iem ANY Good ones i should look at in Price range 1000-1500 dollars. Thanks for all help your all provide.:)

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #6,208 of 19,652
Quick question. Was wondering getting fiio e12 to this player just for the extra power and better control on all volumens. thinking of getting highend iem ANY Good ones i should look at in Price range 1000-1500 dollars. Thanks for all help your all provide.:)

While I don't own them, from reading forums there is a lot of buzz about the J Harvey Roxanne CIEMs. Not sure you would need the extra power.

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #6,209 of 19,652
Interesting. Going by clieOS' comments about charging battery frequently, which is also what I do with my note 3, I decided to charge the X5 when it still had 3 bars remaining. I plugged it into those power plug adapters that leads out to 6 power plugs(shouldn't be much of a concern tho as there were only 2 things that were plugged in and using electricity). I waited at least 2 hours(half the stated charging time) and yet it wasn't full. However when I plugged the charger out of the X5, it has full battery. I think this might be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back