The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #5,866 of 19,652
  @BrokenStevie, are you sure B&H charged you?  I know they normally do a initial run on the credit card, but that's it.  The actual transaction doesn't occur until they ship out the order.  Also @fleasbaby, I feel for you too.  After speaking with the rep yesterday, I contacted headphone.com and placed an order there.  Last when I spoke with them, there were 4 remaining spots open for the 1st batch.  They mentioned that their shipment will be arriving either today or tomorrow.  Otherwise most certainly Monday at the latest.  

Depending on which company ships first, I'll cancel with the other company.  For all those lucky people who already received their unit(s), I really look forward to your experiences with the X5!

Yes, they charged me. I checked my Paypal history and the charge is there. I'm still waiting on the refund, too. Perhaps they don't charge credit cards if you pay that way but they certainly place the charge on Paypal. I'm not sure they could process a future payment through Paypal, which wouldn't have been a problem had they actually been in line to receive an early shipment. They certainly implied that they were in line for an early shipment when they advertised preorders over a month ago. Buyer beware, I guess.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #5,867 of 19,652
@ptravel, good call!  I did overnight shipping, because I'm a bit impatient!

@BrokenStevie, with Paypal, they do take the funds immediately...I guess it's considered a direct transfer from account.  Credit card there is no charge.  Hope B&H comes through though...

I think I'll give headphone.com a call... =)

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #5,868 of 19,652

Yes, they charged me. I checked my Paypal history and the charge is there. I'm still waiting on the refund, too. Perhaps they don't charge credit cards if you pay that way but they certainly place the charge on Paypal. I'm not sure they could process a future payment through Paypal, which wouldn't have been a problem had they actually been in line to receive an early shipment. They certainly implied that they were in line for an early shipment when they advertised preorders over a month ago. Buyer beware, I guess.

Having recently bought a bunch of stuff from B&H and paid with PayPal, I can tell you that, before taking you to the PayPal site, B&H displays a screen that clearly explains that, if you are paying with PayPal, you will be charged immediately.  This is not at an instance of "buyer beware."  

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #5,869 of 19,652
Just curious. For those who got shipment notice from mp4nation, when did you order? I know there where two preorder batches. With the first one with march 29th date and the second one for middle of April. I am wondering that they probably only got a small shipment, not enough to meet the first preorder demand
mad.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #5,870 of 19,652
Hi guys - I'm awaiting delivery of my X5 from MP4Nation like many of you. I've also got 2 x 128gb micro sd cards on their way too.

If using 2 memory cards, will the X5 be able to read them as one single volume, or will I need to work out a way to split my music across the two cards in a way that I know where certain artists will be? I.e., Card 1 would contain artists A-K, and Card 2 would contain L-Z?

I'm really hoping that the player will be able to read them as one volume, but I'm thinking it will not be able to. If it can't, is this something that will be able to rectified in future firmware updates, or is it a limitation of having two separate memory cards?

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #5,871 of 19,652
  Hi guys - I'm awaiting delivery of my X5 from MP4Nation like many of you. I've also got 2 x 128gb micro sd cards on their way too.

If using 2 memory cards, will the X5 be able to read them as one single volume, or will I need to work out a way to split my music across the two cards in a way that I know where certain artists will be? I.e., Card 1 would contain artists A-K, and Card 2 would contain L-Z?

I'm really hoping that the player will be able to read them as one volume, but I'm thinking it will not be able to. If it can't, is this something that will be able to rectified in future firmware updates, or is it a limitation of having two separate memory cards?

Prettyyyy certain it creates a single library to play by scanning both cards.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #5,872 of 19,652
I ordered march 17th from mp4nation. Mine should arrive tomorrow

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #5,873 of 19,652

I have the X3 and have been reading this thread for quite awhile before I get an X5. I'm pretty sure you can do this with the X5 if using Category Browsing. I'm also pretty sure if you're using File/Folder Browsing, the library won't be integrated.

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #5,875 of 19,652
Hmm, is category browsing like genre? I only ever search by Artist
Category Browsing is Fiio's terminology for relying on a tag-based database. File/Folder a Browsing is file navigation just like on your computer. I've had much better luck with File/Folder Browsing on my X3 but know Fiio's made database improvements in the X5's firmware. If it works well, I'll use that instead of File/Folder Browsing in the future. The downside to Category Browsing is that if you switch cards a lot, it takes a bit of time every time you switch to rebuild the database.

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #5,876 of 19,652
Category Browsing is Fiio's terminology for relying on a tag-based database. File/Folder a Browsing is file navigation just like on your computer. I've had much better luck with File/Folder Browsing on my X3 but know Fiio's made database improvements in the X5's firmware. If it works well, I'll use that instead of File/Folder Browsing in the future. The downside to Category Browsing is that if you switch cards a lot, it takes a bit of time every time you switch to rebuild the database.

Sorting by Artist----->Album------->tracks is much better on the X5 than the X3 was. It seems to have handled all added files properly that the X3 had trouble with.

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #5,878 of 19,652
yes

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #5,880 of 19,652
Sorting by Artist----->Album------->tracks is much better on the X5 than the X3 was. It seems to have handled all added files properly that the X3 had trouble with.

Glad to hear that, as the X5's improved database will be included in the X3's next firmware update :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back