The Fiio X5 Thread
Mar 31, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #5,701 of 19,652
  Has anyone heard when the second batch of preorders from MP4Nation will arrive?
The wait is killing me!

If their email updates are to be believed, they are getting the 1st batch this week and the 2nd batch "mid-april". Honestly, their update doesn't exactly add up with the info posted here directly from FiiO so taking it with a grain of salt at this point. I feel pretty comfortable most of us will have our X5s by the end of the month. Wait is killing me, too, but such is the pre-order experience!  I feel like the floodgates are about to open on retailers getting them in stock. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #5,702 of 19,652
Quick question - when navigating the X5 in album view (ie, using tags, not file manager), is it possible to see the album cover art or does one just see the album title?

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #5,703 of 19,652

If their email updates are to be believed, they are getting the 1st batch this week and the 2nd batch "mid-april". Honestly, their update doesn't exactly add up with the info posted here directly from FiiO so taking it with a grain of salt at this point. I feel pretty comfortable most of us will have our X5s by the end of the month. Wait is killing me, too, but such is the pre-order experience!  I feel like the floodgates are about to open on retailers getting them in stock. 

Exactly, some delays can always be expected with pre-orders. Honestly, I don't mind waiting a little big longer if it gives them more time to get the bugs out and release a more fully-ready product. I just wonder if we will get e-mails saying when it ships to us, or if it will just show up in the mail as a nice little surprise.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #5,705 of 19,652
If they don't get it shipped out to me in next 2 weeks I'm going to see if they got the HAP S1  available and buy that and use that instead. I need something that I can listen to the FLAC files with . I have a musical fidelity DAC but id rather something portable or something that I can access all the files better. I thought the FiiO X5 would be the answer

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #5,706 of 19,652
UPDATE from TekFX!!!!

http://miccastore.com/ - has X5 listed in stock NOW and will start shipping them on 4/2 :)

Also, those who have pre-orders from Headroom, don't cancel it since Headroom should have it in stock as early as 4/2 (available for quick shipment).

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #5,707 of 19,652

Btw, I just pinged my Sandisk contact (I reviewed their 128GB microSD last month: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2673651), and waiting for their confirmation about the pricing and Amazon availability.  Will post a reply once I hear back.

Maybe could you ask when they'll be available in Canada

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #5,708 of 19,652
So the email from HDPHNS today stated that there's a one to two week delay in shipping because of updates to both hardware and software. That doesn't sound right - or are they referring to an earlier delay?

I am curious about this as well! HDPHNS said that the production will be stopped for a couple of days due to updates to firmware and some parts of the X5...
Is anyone else from a different supplier getting the same information?

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #5,709 of 19,652
  UPDATE from TekFX!!!!

http://miccastore.com/ - has X5 listed in stock NOW and will start shipping them on 4/2 :)

Also, those who have pre-orders from Headroom, don't cancel it since Headroom should have it in stock as early as 4/2 (available for quick shipment).

Oh, the pain. MP4Nation is lucky they were offering the free IEMs and 5% discount...I am convincing myself the phones and discount are worth waiting a little longer for 
blink.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #5,711 of 19,652
Worth it to me to wait for the free IEM's & 5% off, especially because I've still got to wait for the 128GB memory cards from Amazon anyway. No update from them on that and it's been about 3 weeks or so.

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #5,712 of 19,652

Maybe could you ask when they'll be available in Canada

Just did, will let you know as soon as I find out...  Doesn't look like it's even listed on amazon.ca, uh?

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #5,713 of 19,652

Oh, the pain. MP4Nation is lucky they were offering the free IEMs and 5% discount...I am convincing myself the phones and discount are worth waiting a little longer for 
blink.gif

Don't see any discount or free offer (assume some brainwavz headphones) in there anymore?  I guess promo is over :frowning2:

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #5,714 of 19,652
Yeah promo was FIIO X5 w/ free Brainwavz S1 ($60) earphones. Can probably still find the 5% off coupon online. Also the E12 is only $110 instead of $130 from them when you bundle it which is what I ended up doing.

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #5,715 of 19,652
Just ordered my X5. Thanks to all the reviewers and to James/Joe for updating the UI to organize by group -> album -> song. That was the clincher for me.

Upgrading from an iPhone 4s.
Hope it has good synergy with my PSB headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back