The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 11, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #4,412 of 19,652
  That looks a decent price,ZX1 nearly double,X5 sound better!!

Maybe, maybe not.

The ZX1 has plenty still going for it, judging by the SQ reports of owners.

It's all good.

Plenty of choice and an expanding awareness, in the marketplace, of the existence of DAPs with superior SQ to mass-market iDevices, means things will continue to improve, on all fronts.

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #4,413 of 19,652

It's all good.

Plenty of choice and an expanding awareness, in the marketplace, of the existence of DAPs with superior SQ to mass-market iDevices, means things will continue to improve, on all fronts.

Well said, so much 'which is better, x vs z'. The more good sounding devices at different price points the better for the market and consumer as a whole.

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #4,415 of 19,652
What's so good about this hobby is, everything comes down to personal preference and there are no bad sounding daps.
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #4,417 of 19,652
VAT, targeted tariffs, and import fees definitely don't help.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #4,418 of 19,652
  Maybe but I am still having problems. For some reason when I put the X5 on repeat, the circle, for an album, it works for a while and then it says that the song is not a recognized format and stops playing. It doesn't turn off but won't go any further. Everything is FLAC or WAV. Also when I look at the songs in an album, when I bring it up to play, it shows two of everything. Two 1's, two 2's and so on. I plays in sequence and doesn't play two 1's and so on but it is odd and I am trying to figure it out. 

I don't have an X5, but I've had something similar happen to me with duplicate files on a Rockboxed Clip+.  Did you use a Mac to copy an entire folder of flac/wav files from a OS X file volume onto the micro SD card?  Mac OS X creates a bunch of ._filename hidden file for each actual file, and some systems like Rockbox will interpret the ._filename file as the actual file, and depending on the database/file browser, it may show 2 copies of the same song.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #4,419 of 19,652
Yes but the same cards have worked on everything else. I am not going to redo my cards.

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #4,420 of 19,652
  I think you buying an AK120 after your AK100 experience speaks to your open mindedness. We all get enthusiastic and can have strong personal opinions but that's just human.

Yep and I did indeed take a risk with the S-mod. I was skeptical after the letdown with the RWA unit. But I made that purchase based on the opinion of someone I really trust. So far his ears hasn't let me down in terms of my own purchases :wink:..

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #4,424 of 19,652
As with just about everything, I fully expect 350 USD to translate to at least 350 EUR, or even more.  That's just the way the world is.

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #4,425 of 19,652
  As with just about everything, I fully expect 350 USD to translate to at least 350 EUR, or even more.  That's just the way the world is.

Why is it like that though? I mean do the products come to UK via USA? Might be a stupid question but I just dont understand why everything needs to be much more expensive in europe compared to other regions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back