The Fiio X5 Thread
Aug 18, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #11,897 of 19,652

I'd add ReplayGain and last.fm scrobbling to that list.  But I guess not many people care about the latter.

ReplayGain would definitely be useful, I agree.  I completely forgot about last.fm scrobbling lists! That would be useful as well.  The scrobbler takes the playes from my iPod Classic automatically when I plug it into my PC or Mac, so I guess I forgot about the implementation of the feature.

Agree 100%

Aug 18, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #11,898 of 19,652
I believe at this point, both sides have had their points made, and Fiio is aware there is some desire for a word I refuse to type because I believe it is a silly word, and while I am for silly words, I just don't like this one.  I personally don't have any need for it due to my listening being highly mood based, but if it came use on the X5, it's just one more selling point for the device should I ever choose to sell it for whatever reason.

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #11,902 of 19,652
LASTFM, LASTFM, LASTFM!!!

Just thought I'd join the LASTFM thread, lol...

ReplayGain, ReplayGain, ReplayGain (and 5800 limit, of course) ! :wink:

Wouldn't it be the moment to start a poll ?
I don't do it myself as I don't own the X5 yet (in a few weeks, I hope...), so I don't feel fully legitimate...

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #11,903 of 19,652
ReplayGain, ReplayGain, ReplayGain (and 5800 limit, of course) ! :wink:

Wouldn't it be the moment to start a poll ?
I don't do it myself as I don't own the X5 yet (in a few weeks, I hope...), so I don't feel fully legitimate...

Well, I'd much rather have ReplayGain, as well, since I don't use LastFM :wink:.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #11,905 of 19,652
Hmm...... Opinion is like an a_ _ whole everyone has one, opinion is just an opinion, why bother to argue and/or debate over it. There's a saying, it takes all kinds in this wonderful world we are in. After all, this is just a hobby, one more or one less features the world won't come to an end. Peace out.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #11,906 of 19,652
Agree. Nothing wrong with people sharing their wishes though. In the end it's up to FiiO to decide what they can/will implement.

A couple of times I've reacted to someone wanting something that I don't because I felt like it would mean I'd miss out on mine, but in the end we're all just sharing our wishes and have to trust James, Joe and the crew to continue their awesome work on adding to the X5 where they can

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #11,907 of 19,652
Indeed, let's not indulge in "feature-request-shaming" each other. It's not at all constructive for the purposes of this thread, and lest anyone worry that someone else's request might elbow out a feature they themselves find more important, I really don't think that's the kind of situation we're looking at here.

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #11,908 of 19,652
Hi there,

I´m looking for an external HDD (>1TB), which will definitely work with Fiio X5s OTG-port...

It wouldn´t be a problem to power it seperatly, because it will be used for home listening only.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thomas

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #11,909 of 19,652
Hey guys, I remember reading a post on how to add playlists to the X5 on a mac but now I can't find it. Anybody know how? Not sure what's up with the new 2.2 firmware, can I just take playlists created in iTunes and use those? I believe I will have to alter the file path? Any suggestions would be great.. definitely would love to utilize playlists

Users who are viewing this thread

Back