The Fiio X5 Thread
Jul 3, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #10,771 of 19,652
  I can't seem to install the USB DAC drivers. I always get errors about pre-installation.

This should help:
http://www.fiio.com.cn/support/detail.aspx?ID=100000041232752

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #10,772 of 19,652
I get the feeling that many complaining have bought this as a gadget. Those that love listening to music are happily enjoying the music without pondering every facility it may or may not have.

^^ +1 ^^

At New York's B&H store, both the X3 and the X5 are being returned in relatively large numbers, mostly because of a bad user interface experience.

Stats or it didn't happen :wink_face:

Jul 4, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #10,773 of 19,652
^^ +1 ^^
Stats or it didn't happen
wink_face.gif

never heard about any unreasonable RMA from B&H, and why people can said that without any evidence? 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 4, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #10,774 of 19,652
People are used to their I Phones, and are unable to learn and operate the x5 correctly. Once I figured out how to set up and use the x5 I have had no problems. A very nice player with very nice sound. Paired with my Fitear 334's it make a trouble free mobile package.

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #10,777 of 19,652

never heard about any unreasonable RMA from B&H, and why people can said that without any evidence? 

James...it is just bla bla bla

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #10,778 of 19,652
guys i just plugged my iems into the coax line out on the x5 by mistake (it was dark)

I heard so weird noises coming from the left channel and unplugged them and then noticed what I had done

Could this have damaged my iems at all?

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #10,781 of 19,652
^^ +1 ^^
Stats or it didn't happen
wink_face.gif

Stats? Of this? Really? That's always an easy way to dismiss whatever it's being discussed. Let me turn it around for you: stats that it didn't happen or it did happen.

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #10,782 of 19,652

James: I just know one of the employees at the returns department, and when I did return the E12 he told me about the X3 and the X5 being returned because people can't use the UI properly or they were expecting something different.
B&H have an automatic open box re-sale of returned items on their used products store. That's why you don't see returns as RMAs. The returned items work just fine, they don't have to be RMA'd. They are resold as open box. If you are interested, call B&H and tell them who you are, I think they will give you the exact info on that.

When you sell an X3/X5 right next to the iPod Touch, you risk a lot of returns because the iPod sets a very high bar on the UI aspect of a DAP. That is the problem with selling a niche product in a consumer retail store. The sales guy tells the customers that the X3/X5 has better sound than the iPod, which of course is true. But buyers are unaware that they are not gonna get an iPod UI on a more expensive DAP. That assures a relatively high rate of returns, at least in the US, where that is so easy to do.

Almost everything I have said about the X5 is regarding the UI. I love the X5 myself and some friends have bought it as well. I have 8 FiiO devices, which is something not many can say at this thread. 

A lot of people just can't discuss something in a friendly, intelligent manner. They have to pick a side, stand their ground, and you are either with them or against them. There's no middle, neutral ground to discuss things using the head instead of the heart. You CAN love the X5 while not being completely satisfied with the UI, and talk about it.

However, thanks for being active on this forum, is a welcome thing to see for us costumers.

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #10,784 of 19,652
Seriously? Way to back up your point...

How am I supposed to back up a point in a way that's not possible? Can you back up your point in any statistical way? Can you prove me wrong?

You can only have stats of something that is measured regularly, accurately and you have complete access to. Otherwise, it's not called stats.

I'm based on what the person responsible for the returns told me, and it did make a lot of sense to me at the time. People buy a DAP more expensive than a iPod. They don't like the UI. They return it. End of story.

Jul 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #10,785 of 19,652
  How am I supposed to back up a point in a way that's not possible? Can you back up your point in any statistical way? Can you prove me wrong?

You can only have stats of something that is measured regularly, accurately and you have complete access to. Otherwise, it's not called stats.

I'm based on what the person responsible for the returns told me, and it did make a lot of sense to me at the time. People buy a DAP more expensive than a iPod. They don't like the UI. They return it. End of story.

You made the original statement, so the burden of proof is on you, not on everyone else to disprove it. If you can't, you can't complain if people dismiss your statement.

If one of their vendors is seeing a large amount of returns, that sounds to me like the kind of thing FiiO would know about. I work in web sales, and I can tell you right now that when we have abnormal quality issues with a product, the first thing we do is to contact the manufacturer and try to work out a solution, since it doesn't help them, us, or especially our customers to go on knowingly selling unsatisfactory products.

And why would the X3 suddenly start getting large amounts of returns, a year after release?

Lastly, if you really do have a friend at B&H, and this friend really does see a lot of returns of FiiO DAPs, but they let you buy an X5 anyway without warning you what you were probably getting in for, they sure didn't do their job as a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back