The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #4,247 of 17,484
Quote:
is market@fiio.com.cn the right way to contact them or do you have a uber special fast panda service e-mail address?

Tell them the Panda sent you and you will be sent to the top of the support list.....
ph34r.gif

I'm joking. I don't have a super special e-mail or any type of special service. I wait the same amount of time when I ask their support staff questions 
biggrin.gif

And yes, that is the right address. It usually takes about 1 business day(24 hours during business week) for a responce I found but sometimes 2 days can be expected. So hold tight

The battery is wrapped and protected, but I would keep the X3 stationary for the most part. The connector from battery to X3 is fragile and is just a few wires attached from battery to a clip that then attaches to X3. With all the shaking you have done and movement. The very thin electrical wires may break and MAY be AN ELECTRICAL HAZARD! The X3 case is metal as well so please excercise caution! If two wires frayed and touched each other in the X3. The X3 frying may be the least of your worries. I am not an electric engineer like James. But excercise caution with the X3 right now!

This is CLIEOS's pic from his Mod page

See those thin wires?

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #4,248 of 17,484
Quote:
Tell them the Panda sent you and you will be sent to the top of the support list.....
ph34r.gif

I'm joking. I don't have a super special e-mail or any type of special service. I wait the same amount of time when I ask their support staff questions 
biggrin.gif

And yes, that is the right address. It usually takes about 1 business day(24 hours during business week) for a responce I found but sometimes 2 days can be expected. So hold tight

The battery is wrapped and protected, but I would keep the X3 stationary for the most part. The connector from battery to X3 is fragile and is just a few wires attached from battery to a clip that then attaches to X3. With all the shaking you have done and movement. The very thin electrical wires may break and MAY be AN ELECTRICAL HAZARD! The X3 case is metal as well so please excercise caution! If two wires frayed and touched each other in the X3. The X3 frying may be the least of your worries. I am not an electric engineer like James. But excercise caution with the X3 right now!

This is kind of sad because I've only listened to the fiio for about 2 hours so far (even having owned it for about 2 weeks). I was busy with exams so it was stationary for the majority of the time. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #4,249 of 17,484
Quote:
This is kind of sad because I've only listened to the fiio for about 2 hours so far (even having owned it for about 2 weeks). I was busy with exams so it was stationary for the majority of the time. 

International shipping probably knocked the battery loose.

Keep in mind, We are still not 100% sure its the battery. But in a device box with 2 actual parts with the battery being the only one with enough top room space to move around and bounce to create that sound. I doubt its anything different. 

Notifing support of this will allow them to make a responce or descision possibly to future X3 batches so that this doesn't happen to other people. FiiO has been extremely good with making sure the unit gets to people correctly. Previous DOA issues from their devices being in storage for too long and thus creating DOA batteries were rectified by them after it was brought up as a problem. And 3.5mm jacks and latency problems were also addressed. So please send them an email to let them know. You could mention that you think its the battery, we aren't 100% sure of course.

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #4,250 of 17,484
Quote:
International shipping probably knocked the battery loose.

Keep in mind, We are still not 100% sure its the battery. But in a device box with 2 actual parts with the battery being the only one with enough top room space to move around and bounce to create that sound. I doubt its anything different. 

Notifing support of this will allow them to make a responce or descision possibly to future X3 batches so that this doesn't happen to other people. FiiO has been extremely good with making sure the unit gets to people correctly. Previous DOA issues from their devices being in storage for too long and thus creating DOA batteries were rectified by them after it was brought up as a problem. And 3.5mm jacks and latency problems were also addressed. So please send them an email to let them know. You could mention that you think its the battery, we aren't 100% sure of course.

I remember hearing James saying the battery is replacable. If the battery is glued onto the shell of the device, then it isn't replaceable is it?

We had this conversation before actually...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price/1785

EDIT:

He only mentioned a connector. The but it's stupid that the battery is glued on. How can someone replace the battery if it's glued on  LOL -_-

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #4,251 of 17,484
Quote:
I remember asking James before if the battery is replaceable and he said it is. If the battery is glued onto the shell of the device, then it isn't replaceable is it?

We had this conversation before actually...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price/1785

Glue pretty much means replaceable. Because seriously, it's not hard to remove if the battery is only glued to it. Most electronics glue is a thin strip of 'tape glue'. 

If this happened to me, I would just have FiiO ship me a new battery with pre applied glue(with peelable stickers over the glue) to me and replace it myself as I have the know how on how to open and close the device along with its annoying hold button. 

Seriously, if it weren't for that hold button, you could just open it right now and see what is up. I mean you could, if you think you could get the device back together.

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #4,253 of 17,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

new firmware 1.25 available now, our staff are working in the translation but you can download it from   

http://www.fiio.net/UploadFiles/main/Images/download/X3FW1.25EN.zip

the detail content should be release on our website www.fiio.net. but the biggest improvement is 

1, TAGs support for m4a music ( AAC, ALAC )

2, A blue Theme.

So I take it the problem with the X3 not being able to index the following file structure is not fixed? 

Code:
 [size=11px]\A \Asia \Asia \01 - Heat of the Moment.flac \02 - Only Time Will Tell.flac \Allen Parsons Project \Tales of Mystery and Imagination \01 - A Dream Within a Dream.flac \02 - The Raven.flac \W \The Who \Who's Next \01 - Baba O'Riley.flac \ 02 - Bargain.flac \Tommy \Disk 01 \01 - Overture.flac \02 - It's a Boy.flac \Disk 02 \01 - Do You Think It's Alright.flac \02 - Fiddle About.flac[/size]

It would be nice to know if it ever will be fixed or not.  That way I can buy one or just move on.  How about it FiiO, are you going to fix the indexing problem or not?

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #4,254 of 17,484
Quote:
 yes  using MAC but double clicking is not doing anything

need more help, plz . I tried adding to the card like that but Fiio does not like it

Google is your best friend. If you can't open a file, maybe google the file format and program to open it with a Mac?

Anyway, I uploaded the X3 1.25FW unzipped. Download this file and move it directly to your mSD card and go through updating procedures. 

Am I nice? Maybe, ...probably not. Do I wish you used Google? Oh yeah.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7v66fmv21d1ughy

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #4,256 of 17,484
Quote:
I tried goggling but I figure , somebody who will not mind will respond , and others might benefit too, my mistake

Thanks any way.

That is a good thought, but programs used otherwise in daily PC operation are a different story. I'm pretty sure I recommended you to go and download 7zip correct? That would have allowed you to open the compressed file. (the bottom of the 7Z download page shows an alternate program for Mac)

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #4,257 of 17,484
Is or will there be a way to order the "play all" list, not by file name, but by artist/album/track?

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #4,259 of 17,484
Fire up your X3:
-> System setting -> Update lib
+ and - changes it from 'manual' to 'auto' (rescans library when you plug the X3 out of your computer)
or
press the 'OK' button to update manually. Then wait for it to finish.
If the screen goes off before ending the update, flick the hold switch to see if it's finished instead of pressing a button. This will break the update if it's still busy, at least that's what I read.

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #4,260 of 17,484
Thanks for your hint. How can I update the library? Is there a how-to-guide?
Thanks again.

It's noted in the manual, however, it seems that people don't like to read those.

System settings > update lib (press OK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back