The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #4,157 of 17,484
Okay, so I'm about to download the new firmware version 1.25. Obviously this will be the first time I have attempted to do a firmware upgrade on my X3. I have yet to purchase a dedicated high capacity micro SD card for the player but i do have an older 4GB class 4 card already formatted to FAT32 that should be acceptable for doing the firmware upgrade. There are currently some music files on this card. Do I need to delete these files( which are backed up and can be transferred back to the card at anytime), before downloading the new firmware or will it be okay to put the upgrade on the card along with the music files, as long as it fits as there may not be too much space left on the card, and then insert into the player and perform the upgrade. Will there be less of a chance of failure if the card contains the firmware file and only the firmware file? Also how large of a file is the firmware upgrade? My apologies for all of the "newb" type questions but hey I am sort of a semi-newb soooo....

P.S. Thanks to all of the members here and especially to James of FiiO for all of your help, much oblige.

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #4,158 of 17,484
After upgraded to 1.25, i am getting error 'playback failed. File not found' when click on the artist menu under categories... I mainly browse by album so i guess will make do until next firmware... 100%flac users here

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #4,159 of 17,484
Okay, so I'm about to download the new firmware version 1.25. Obviously this will be the first time I have attempted to do a firmware upgrade on my X3. I have yet to purchase a dedicated high capacity micro SD card for the player but i do have an older 4GB class 4 card already formatted to FAT32 that should be acceptable for doing the firmware upgrade. There are currently some music files on this card. Do I need to delete these files( which are backed up and can be transferred back to the card at anytime), before downloading the new firmware or will it be okay to put the upgrade on the card along with the music files, as long as it fits as there may not be too much space left on the card, and then insert into the player and perform the upgrade. Will there be less of a chance of failure if the card contains the firmware file and only the firmware file? Also how large of a file is the firmware upgrade? My apologies for all of the "newb" type questions but hey I am sort of a semi-newb soooo....

P.S. Thanks to all of the members here and especially to James of FiiO for all of your help, much oblige.

James recommended to upgrade from an empty card with the fw file only. I follow this instruction everytime

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #4,160 of 17,484
After upgraded to 1.25, i am getting error 'playback failed. File not found' when click on the artist menu under categories... I mainly browse by album so i guess will make do until next firmware... 100%flac users here

I have the same problem with FLAC, mp3, and m4a.

After update, i removed the Tf card, updated library, put card back, updated again.
I can only use "browse files" function, categories submenu "album", "artist", and "genre" all give me that message.

When using "browse files" i can play them, and tags and albumart work there.

-----EDIT------

After retrying this, it now does work.
I'm very happy with the player as it is now,James!

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #4,161 of 17,484
Hi James,

Any difference between 1.XXEN and 1.XXCN besides language translation?

My X3 is from China but I use english interface.

Also in terms of stability I am all good in 1.23 for my use case so is it better to wait since I am all flacs and tagged well (I hope) with Mp3tag?

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #4,162 of 17,484
Quote:
Tags from m4a files will be displayed in the library, but if you remove the old library file, which is located in the root of your player.
If you save m4a files on microSD card, turn off the player, remove the microSD card, turn on the player and update the library, and then unplug the player, set the microSD card, and re-enable update the library. After that m4a files will appear in the Category.

That worked a little better, thanks, but there are a *lot* of files missing from the Category section after the update. I'm still using the "Browse" method of playing my albums so no big deal for me, but it's a "nice to have" (eventually).

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #4,165 of 17,484
Hi All,

Strangely enough I have no issue of what has been said here in terms of UI blah blah blah.

I just started out with just 16GB Class 10 card with all 24bit flac files and internal X3 memory of 16bit flac files, and no problems with playback except for files with names longer than 256 characters (usually classical music). I have a 32Gb and 64Gb cards that I haven't tried so I don't want to say anything.

Try and please tell us what you think/feel. Yes in my opinion it is a bit warm in SQ with my cheap CW31 and sounds, to me, quite bad with V-Moda M100. However I find it quite pleasing with Sony MDR-1R with dance music that was a bit veiled with a Fidelio X1, although mid bass was quite good. Which is to say that to each its own rather than any sweeping statement.

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #4,166 of 17,484
Quote:
X3 should be more than enough.

beerchug.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #4,169 of 17,484
Yeap, you shouldn't worry about it. Which cans you are talking about, if you don't mind me asking?

Ultrasone Signature DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back