The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #3,707 of 17,484
Quote:
Safe hearing levels?....that's like. No volume level so I didn't even touch the volume knob to get nothing

I'll take it you mean before you get 'average' sound comming out. Well not that much but keep in mind that the headphones you use matter a lot. 
yep

Quote:

I've felt no huge difference between the line level of the E17 and the X3 while using the E12 to compare them. i've set the volume knob on the E17+E12 at the maximum value I felt confortable with while listening to a song (well above my usual listening level) and then I switched to the X3+E12 with the same song and I was still confortable with it.

How far did you turn your knob? Bowei claims he didn't have touch the volume knob because the line out was so loud. Bowei is also using an E12. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #3,708 of 17,484
Thanks--do you have any artwork, and if so, is that in the same folder as the songs?

Quote:
I have a 64GB card that I am having no issues with so far. I formatted it using Verbatim's sofware. My folder structure is root>artist>album>song . Just wanted to reply to the people asking if some people were using 64GB and not having issues.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #3,709 of 17,484
Quote:
So just took a listen to the X3 briefly (it's charging up now), and it blows away any iPod I own (Sony too). Those who say it sounds veiled, I just want to shake you and say, "huh?"

please dont shake me.. :frowning2: I feel its a bit thick sounding.  Using with FLAC files and 4.Ai.  I think something in the mids... not sure. I wouldnt say veiled, just a bit thick. not sure how else to describe it.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #3,710 of 17,484
Quote:

How far did you turn your knob? Bowei claims he didn't have touch the volume knob because the line out was so loud. Bowei is also using an E12. 

I didn't claim this. 

I said that it depends on each headphone you use. 

I never said the line out was 'loud' please quote me on where I said that.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #3,711 of 17,484
Quote:

yes, the future firmware will support this struture, artiset and them albume. for example,

Artist---Mick Jason-----Ablum 1
                                |--Album 2
                                |--Album 3

Sorry, we need time to know well how people use DAPs and manage the songs, in China, people don't care about album / Artist caz the music includes nothing about TAGs or wrong TAGs, we just use the files name to

and play all the sound through folder. all we need is time to improve the firmware. lol

THANK YOU. THAT'S A REALLY BIG PLUS FOR FIIO X3 :)

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #3,712 of 17,484
Quote:
please dont shake me.. :frowning2: I feel its a bit thick sounding.  Using with FLAC files and 4.Ai.  I think something in the mids... not sure. I wouldnt say veiled, just a bit thick. not sure how else to describe it.

I'm using 4A and I am also thinking the same. PM'in you to talk further about this in private if you don't mind. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #3,713 of 17,484
Quote:

You are taking forward and already slightly 'thick' (bass and vocal heavy) CIEM's and using it with an unit that is also vocal and bassy heavy.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #3,714 of 17,484
Only the file name and not id3 tags work with .m4a right now so good luck

If it doesn't work i'll use One of those batch processing programs to set filename to artist/year/album/songnumber.

For now.

I'll have to rerip about 300 albums in FLAC format, and that's something i'm not really looking forward to.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #3,717 of 17,484
Quote:
If it doesn't work i'll use One of those batch processing programs to set filename to artist/year/album/songnumber.

For now.

I'll have to rerip about 300 albums in FLAC format, and that's something i'm not really looking forward to.

Yeah that should help
Quote:
4A/i's have very little bass though? 

In terms of the other Heir Audio's. The Wizard sent me the entire UIEM line for review. The 4Ai's bass is just enough with having a good adequate amount to get bassy songs going while being delicate enough for other genres.

So it does have more bass than most IEM's people talk about. But that isn't the point, its that the qualities of the X3 kinda go together with the 4 which may create the congestion he is hearing. The near claustrophobic sound stage doesn't help

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #3,719 of 17,484
Quote:
Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm still having this problem with my 64 gb (Class 10) card:

It plays fine in browse mode, but when trying to index, it seems to throw the player into an endless loop. I only have about 70 albums, and each album is in a single-level folder. Some of these folders are artwork subfolders.

Related question: is it safe to swap sd card while the unit is turned on? Asking this because I bricked my Sansa Fuze this way and don't want this to happen to my X3, especially on my first day.

On my Sandisk Ultra 64GB card, using the "single folder" trick, my 60GB of music takes around 2 minutes to index completely.
When I had the songs in individual album folders, the indexing never completed and went into an endless loop.
It never had this problem when I only had around 30GB of music in the card.

If you press any buttons (except the Hold button?) during the indexing then the system sometimes freezes and you have to reboot the X3. If the screen turns black and can't see the progress then I use the hold button to wake it up.

I have swapped the microSD card several times whilst the X3 is turned on and so far it had no issues, but I am not guaranteeing that this won't damage the X3 or the SD in any way.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #3,720 of 17,484
Quote:
Has anyone used the line out of X3 to an external amp without any problems? If so, can you tell me which amp you used? I find the line out is extremely loud for the portable amp I have right now.

Yes... I have used the X3 line out using the O2 amp...  and yes I think you are correct that the X3 line out is a little more powerful...  but it does drive the amp very very well in that reguard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back