The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 8, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #2,776 of 17,484
Because ipod classic doesn't dual boot with rock box

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #2,777 of 17,484
I couldn't resist anymore so I put in my preorder today. I'm really looking forward to try it out.

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #2,778 of 17,484
James, does the will my X3 allow for channel swapping? I looked at the specifications page and it didn't mention it. I have a pair of iems that I prefer to wear over ear (which reversed the channels).

Also, is there a pdf version of the manual that can be downloaded?

Thanks!

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #2,779 of 17,484
Quote:
James, does the will my X3 allow for channel swapping? I looked at the specifications page and it didn't mention it. I have a pair of iems that I prefer to wear over ear (which reversed the channels).

Also, is there a pdf version of the manual that can be downloaded?

Thanks!

There is no channel swapping feature on the X3.

There is only channel balance, treble, bass, and gain.

Swap your over ear cables if they are removable. Otherwise, drop the song into Audacity and remix every one of your songs to include a channel swapped variant and export that.

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #2,780 of 17,484
Quote:
There is no channel swapping feature on the X3.

There is only channel balance, treble, bass, and gain.

Swap your over ear cables if they are removable. Otherwise, drop the song into Audacity and remix every one of your songs to include a channel swapped variant and export that.

Ok, thanks for the input. The cables can't be swapped, and the remixing isn't really a viable option for me either (unless I keep a separate 64G card for the remixed songs, which is something that doesn't appeal to me).

Who knows, maybe channel swapping will be in a future FW update. Or maybe the X3's will be able to be rockboxed someday.

Anyway, thanks again.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #2,781 of 17,484
I'm in the process of writting the FiiO X3 review right now

IT IS MONSTROUS is all I can say. This is a DAP, so a lot of extra stuff is written.

This is really for people who WANT a review.

HOWEVER there will be overall sections after each important section for those wishing for the abridgment.

Please look forward to it everyone, and thank you all for your support.

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #2,782 of 17,484
Quote:
I'm in the process of writting the FiiO X3 review right now

IT IS MONSTROUS is all I can say. This is a DAP, so a lot of extra stuff is written.

This is really for people who WANT a review.

HOWEVER there will be overall sections after each important section for those wishing for the abridgment.

Please look forward to it everyone, and thank you all for your support.

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #2,783 of 17,484
This has got to be my longest review ever. 

Anyway, please alert me if I forgot any important sections. I'm pooped and tired. I could add more depth tomorrow 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/671656/fiio-x3-review

I'm gong to bed 

Comments, contsructive criticism etc etc etc etc are appreciated etc etc . *yawn*

Edit.
I realize i am missing sections that some care about, will ad tomorrow or when you remind me

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #2,784 of 17,484
This has got to be my longest review ever. 

Anyway, please alert me if I forgot any important sections. I'm pooped and tired. I could add more depth tomorrow 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/671656/fiio-x3-review

I'm gong to bed 

Comments, contsructive criticism etc etc etc etc are appreciated etc etc . *yawn*

Edit.
I realize i am missing sections that some care about, will ad tomorrow or when you remind me

Nice review, now I'm looking forward to get mine even more.

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #2,786 of 17,484
Quote:

1, Rockchip does not open the SDK to small company so we can't fix some bugs.

2, Rockchip can't support 192k/24b but only 16bit, not to talk about the APE( High, fast model ) , ALAC, and some other format

3, We have not found any X3 become brick but of course, the quantity is not enough to make sure it will not happen, but we may be the only chinese company who has some many sales agent around the world.

and you can easy to find a local dealer to handle the warranty service.

Dear James,

can i check with you why does its take forever (ok more like 2hrs) to update from my tf card(3.7gb worth of songs) into my x3.... and its still aint done!! and this isnt the first time its happened.. im using firmware 1.0

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #2,787 of 17,484
Quote:

Dear James,

can i check with you why does its take forever (ok more like 2hrs) to update from my tf card(3.7gb worth of songs) into my x3.... and its still aint done!! and this isnt the first time its happened.. im using firmware 1.0

Have you tried manually updating the database in the system settings?

I had a 16 GB microSD almost full capacity and it managed to read it really fast, no problems actually.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #2,788 of 17,484
Quote:

Ok, thanks for the input. The cables can't be swapped, and the remixing isn't really a viable option for me either (unless I keep a separate 64G card for the remixed songs, which is something that doesn't appeal to me).

Who knows, maybe channel swapping will be in a future FW update. Or maybe the X3's will be able to be rockboxed someday.

Anyway, thanks again.

Very easy fix for this would be to buy yourself a 3.5mm stereo phono plug and a  3.5mm stereo phono socket, and a few inches of cable, and solder these into an adapter that simply has the polarities swapped.

Then, every time you want to use the pair  of earphones in question, you just use the inline adapter you made.

But if it was me, I wouldn't be concerned that the channels are swapped during my listening sessions, so I wouldn't bother to make an adapter. But that's just me!

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #2,789 of 17,484
Quote:
Very easy fix for this would be to buy yourself a 3.5mm stereo phono plug and a  3.5mm stereo phono socket, and a few inches of cable, and solder these into an adapter that simply has the polarities swapped.

Then, every time you want to use the pair  of earphones in question, you just use the inline adapter you made.

You could also buy a plug and replug the earphones themselves if you use them swapped all the time.

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #2,790 of 17,484
Quote:

Dear James,

please try to upgrade to frimware 1.2 first, and please tell me what format( fat32, NTFS) the card is , or maybe you can change a new TF card, this is not a normal situation.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back