The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #2,746 of 17,484
Jul 7, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #2,747 of 17,484
Quote:

Yep. Class 10 64gb is fine.
http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/ultra-class10-for-android/?capacity=64GB

Using that now. Had to re format it first but it works with out a single issue.

Yep I can also confirm this. Although not using Sandisk. Using Samsung instead 64GB. Recommend using Samsung as I've had issues in regards to early failures of 64GB Sandisks (it thinks it's in write protect mode and didn't allow me to write anything to it, I've had to format it to resolve the issue - VERY ANNOYING). Samsung works flawlessly so far.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #2,748 of 17,484
Quote:
Touch screen is the worst thing ever happened to these devices. It is incredibly annoying and not safe because of accidental contacts. I always and always prefer physical buttons.

This.

I prefer physical buttons myself since I can alter the player while I'm not looking at it although user friendliness is something that should not be underestimated .
In my opinion, Apple seems to get this ease-of-use case correct in all of their latest device.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #2,749 of 17,484
Quote:
I have an x3 waiting for me at home. Will do quick comparisons between the iPod 5th gen video. Lotsof comparing to do now that I bought tpeos h200s as well lol (on a mission to consolidate all of my gear)

Outstanding!  I'm looking forward to this since I have such a similar setup.  Are you running straight out of the iPod or using an amp? 

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #2,750 of 17,484
Quote:
I have an x3 waiting for me at home. Will do quick comparisons between the iPod 5th gen video. Lotsof comparing to do now that I bought tpeos h200s as well lol (on a mission to consolidate all of my gear)

Definitely awesome - looking forward to your impressions of the X3, and also of how it pairs with the H-200's 
size]

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #2,752 of 17,484
Quote:
I use x3 now.
If x3's sibilant is reduced, it will be better. Can it be tuned?

X3's sibilance? Huh? That's a surprise!

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #2,753 of 17,484
Quote:
I use x3 now.
If x3's sibilant is reduced, it will be better. Can it be tuned?

Please try other recordings, songs, and headphones.

I don't find sibilance in the X3, and even then, amps and DAC's having sibilance features isn't very common. Some specific spikes in the mid range could cause increased sibilance though.

The X3 has a slightly elevated but smooth mid range. This elevation could increase the sibilance you are already hearing with your equipment and songs and is probably the answer. 

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #2,754 of 17,484
Please try other recordings, songs, and headphones.

I don't find sibilance in the X3, and even then, amps and DAC's having sibilance features isn't very common. Some specific spikes in the mid range could cause increased sibilance though.

The X3 has a slightly elevated but smooth mid range. This elevation could increase the sibilance you are already hearing with your equipment and songs and is probably the answer. 

If there is no sibilance in x3.... I use aurvana live now, and I think Aurvana causes sibilance....
Or my song exaggerated vocal, may be.
I'm sorry for the confusion

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #2,755 of 17,484
Quote:
If there is no sibilance in x3.... I use aurvana live now, and I think Aurvana causes sibilance....
Or my song exaggerated vocal, may be.
I'm sorry for the confusion

It happens often to members who start off, not identifying the cause of X issue.

But I don't think the X3 itself isn't to blame. The slight elevation in the mid range with the X3 may bring out and make it seem like there is more sibilance. 

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #2,756 of 17,484
I'm looking around for where to buy this thing in the US. Where do we buy it?

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #2,758 of 17,484
I guess a better question, then, is "when is it supposed to arrive?" I know there was some delay but they seem to be releasing firmware updates for testing purposes and they have review models out to various people.

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #2,759 of 17,484
Quote:
I guess a better question, then, is "when is it supposed to arrive?" I know there was some delay but they seem to be releasing firmware updates for testing purposes and they have review models out to various people.

USA is supposed to be receiving samples in the next few days if it hasn't already, this was what was last said. International release is in Late July to probably Early August.

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #2,760 of 17,484
now this is a little off topic, but is there a high power output player like the X3 that can support a 64 gig microsd card and has a perfectly flat frequency response and otherwise similar specifications? maybe something from cowon? I ask because my sister's ipod has broken and i've offered her my ipod classic if she buys me this. She wants the familiar tech, i want to not have a fiio E11 strapped to an ipod classic running rockbox in an iskin evo with an L9 connector just to get some nice audio quality. I have like 30 gigs of flac music and a couple gigs of audiobooks at a time. rockbox cant differentiate between audiobooks and music afaik. ipod firmware can, but i REALLY dont want to be converting my entire collection of flac to ALAC and also finding out what corrupt flac files i have (which then destroy the entire conversion process or create duplicates everywhere, it becomes a fiasco).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back