The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #2,371 of 17,484
It's not unreasonable at all, if I remember rightly James posted some pics if several E12 units during the course of their battery conditioning phase I'n the E12 thread. Some people I'n this thread need to stop acting like protectors and just enjoy the coming of FiiO's DAP.

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #2,375 of 17,484
Quote:
so now i have to wait until august... i have no dap i sold the ipod in anticipation for this device.... -_-

What country are you in? If you are in US,TW,CN,HK, you should be able to buy in a few weeks.

This device is not yet released and any release estimate is just that. I would have personally only sell my DAP once I got confirmation that a batch was shipped to my country and that I could buy one(as in call my FiiO distro and beg for a pre order). etc etc.

This device is still in beta firmware and does still have some UI quirks to work out. 

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #2,376 of 17,484
Quote:
What country are you in? If you are in US,TW,CN,HK, you should be able to buy in a few weeks.

This device is not yet released and any release estimate is just that. I would have personally only sell my DAP once I got confirmation that a batch was shipped to my country and that I could buy one(as in call my FiiO distro and beg for a pre order). etc etc.

This device is still in beta firmware and does still have some UI quirks to work out. 

Better than Ipod + Itunes which was what I was using up until now.

I'm in Canada. 

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #2,377 of 17,484
Hi James,
Got my X3 a couple of days ago. I noticed when I select a song to play after I turned on the unit that there is a 'CLICK' sound coming from the X3 unit itself (not from the headphones). It almost sounds like a switching relay click? Is this normal?
Thank you.

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #2,379 of 17,484
Quote:
Better than Ipod + Itunes which was what I was using up until now.

I'm in Canada. 

That may take a more while then. Early august is what it seems now sadly. You may be able to proxy buy from US
Quote:
Hi James,
Got my X3 a couple of days ago. I noticed when I select a song to play after I turned on the unit that there is a 'CLICK' sound coming from the X3 unit itself (not from the headphones). It almost sounds like a switching relay click? Is this normal?
Thank you.

Should be a relay system used in the E12. Where it mutes and protects power on and off sound.

The 'click' and initial and final power on and power off state can damage sensitive IEM's and especially CIEM's. So this was used in the E12 and what seems to be X3 now to protect CIEM's and sensitve units.

It's normal.

Jun 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #2,380 of 17,484
Quote:

the text scrolling speed will increase in next firmware version in Aug and the firmware in July will be a big step on 1.0 version and we plan release it in next week.

Hello James
I have an X3 in the UK and loving it.
I can not recall exactly when you said the firmware 1.1 is available on your site 
by all means pm the link etc 
thanyou

Jun 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #2,382 of 17,484
They had already announced a bit before this that it was already delayed. There isn't a new delay as far as I see it. 

so now i have to wait until august... i have no dap i sold the ipod in anticipation for this device.... -_-

Grab a clip+ off amazon for between $16 - 30 to hold you over. It's a huge upgrade to apple sound wise and it will help you get set up and used to the new file structure/handling. While you are at it, you can get started building your library on MicroSDHC cards.

Jun 30, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #2,384 of 17,484
Quote:
Grab a clip+ off amazon for between $16 - 30 to hold you over. It's a huge upgrade to apple sound wise and it will help you get set up and used to the new file structure/handling. While you are at it, you can get started building your library on MicroSDHC cards.

That's debatable, depending on which Apple device you're talking about. Certainly better value for the money though, and your point on getting used to file handling is valid.

Quote:
This question has prob been answered but will I be able to use this DAP with CIEMs/IEMs (JH11/Westone 4R) without the need for an amp?

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back