The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #2,389 of 17,485
Quote:
theres a listing on ebay for a x3 being sold for 15 dollars + 90 dollars shipping. 17 people bought it lol.

Based on the items previously sold by this seller, this looks like someone using a stolen/hacked eBay account.  If you receive anyting in the mail from them, I seriously doubt it will be an authentic X3. 

Unless the "street price" in China is like $85...

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #2,390 of 17,485
Please read the post below regarding the fake listings on eBay. What happens is you'll pay and they send you something different, for example $1 USB lead on purpose which you're entitled to send back for refund as you have received the wrong item (minus the shipping) That's why these listings are $15 + $90 postage etc etc and that's the catch you don't get the shipping fee back and the scammers make their money, It's been going on for a while and I highly advice against falling for the scam.

here's is an example where they use a coin as the item.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/580876/colorfly-c3-is-coming/90#post_9431979

Jun 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #2,391 of 17,485
Quote:
Please read the post below regarding the fake listings on eBay. What happens is you'll pay and they send you something different, for example $1 USB lead on purpose which you're entitled to send back for refund as you have received the wrong item (minus the shipping) That's why these listings are $15 + $90 postage etc etc and that's the catch you don't get the shipping fee back and the scammers make their money, It's been going on for a while and I highly advice against falling for the scam.

That makes sense.  I figured it had to be a scam of some kind, and I have seen a few things listed like this before. 

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #2,392 of 17,485
Quote:

paypal doesn't help with the protection?

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #2,394 of 17,485
Quote:
paypal doesn't help with the protection?

They do now, back when these scam's started it was a real hassle to get the full refund.
And do you really want to go through the trouble of opening a claim for something that was an obvious scam in the first place?

Like they all learned in that thread the old adage applies "If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is." Take a pass on it.
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #2,397 of 17,485
Well James earlier did mention that the 1.1 will be out on 1st July...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back