The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 28, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #2,281 of 17,481
Quote:
According to one China website, they recommended X3 to pair with

Klipsch X10 ($128)
Hifiman RE400 ($100)

Has anyone tried this combination?

Quote:
This is like a printer company recommending you buy __insert company name___ ink for best results or anything.

This unit is a DAP. It would work fine with most IEM's to be fair.

Sounds entirely reasonable to me. 

Quote:
I know it works but it is not optimized.
What we want is the best synergy between the DAP and the earphone.

How do you know? 

All these questions of yours, day after day after day,  remind me of a spoiled child the month before Christmas. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #2,283 of 17,481
Sounds entirely reasonable to me. 

How do you know? 

All these questions of yours, day after day after day,  remind me of a spoiled child the month before Christmas. 

Spare that poor horse!! :frowning2:

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #2,284 of 17,481
Spoiled child?????
I thought this is the place you can give your view?
mad.gif

What you proposed are your speculations. (judging on audio stuff base entirely on other people's words)

I think you should be getting a X3 first, demo it with all iems, review them and then talk about views and synergy. 

:) 

No offence but that's just how i feel. 

Regarding synergy, my limited idea of it is just defined into the certain taste that you hope for in a combination of dac, amp and wires.
In this case, i dont recommand warm or slightly muddy earphones with X3 such as tf10 and se215, as they make the combination over warmly and more muddy sounding.

However, IMO se535 and W4 sound really good on the X3.

Lastly, Synergy IMO also differs from people to people.
In short, synergy = taste. hahaha 

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #2,285 of 17,481
Quote:
Spoiled child?????
mad.gif

You kept making requests for better parts and such after the devices were already in production....what is that but disrespectful of what they are doing? 
confused_face_2.gif

I give James a ton of credit for all his patience here.....he is a far better man than I am. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #2,286 of 17,481
What you proposed are your speculations. (judging on audio stuff base entirely on other people's words)

I think you should be getting a X3 first, demo it with all iems, review them and then talk about views and synergy. 

Regarding synergy, my limited idea of it is just defined into the certain taste that you hope for in a combination of dac, amp and wires.
In this case, i dont recommand warm or slightly muddy earphones with X3 such as tf10 and se215, as they make the combination over warmly and more muddy sounding.

However, IMO se535 and W4 sound really good on the X3.

Lastly, Synergy IMO also differs from people to people.
In short, synergy = taste. hahaha 
I recommend quoting who you are responding too.

I personally think its a misconception about how a warm device makes iems that are warm overly warm. But of course this is just me. Im using iems usually called very warm with it and i have no problems. BUT, it of course isnt closer to neutral as if I used the same iem with my O2 for example. But of course, one doesnt always need to strive for neutrality of balancing everything out

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #2,287 of 17,481
I just bought a pair of ie80 (no tape mod, stock cable) and I dont like the result when pairing with x3..... But they are good for ak100... Fwiw

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #2,288 of 17,481
Quote:
Spoiled child?????
mad.gif

Quote:

Very well said. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #2,289 of 17,481
Quote:
According to one China website, they recommended X3 to pair with

Klipsch X10 ($128)
Hifiman RE400 ($100)

Has anyone tried this combination?

Was it a store? Was it some recommendation site?
Anyway, I can't be sure, but I don't think they tried the X3 with every pair of phones in the world before making this choice. Most likely they just suggested a couple of options for those who need this kind of suggestions.

Anyway, if you need to learn about these particular combinations from HF, you have a long wait before you. Not everyone who gets the X3 will have those IEMs, and not everyone will probably agree on whether or not that's the best combination.

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #2,290 of 17,481
Quote:

You forgot one: 
size]

biggrin.gif

I am completely in agreement with you, Achmed.

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #2,291 of 17,481
I recommend quoting who you are responding too.

I personally think its a misconception about how a warm device makes iems that are warm overly warm. But of course this is just me. Im using iems usually called very warm with it and i have no problems. BUT, it of course isnt closer to neutral as if I used the same iem with my O2 for example. But of course, one doesnt always need to strive for neutrality of balancing everything out

I did, haha. Maybe system lagged for a few minutes. Not sure why.

Nah, I'm not those who aim for perfect neutral sound, I just like gears that sound natural to my ears overall.
When talk about synergy, I would say IMO tf10 and x3 don't have alot of synergy to my ears. (Darker than my likings, warm) se535 is fairly good with x3, but those who doesn't like thick mids may not like. W4 has the best synergy IMO.

This is just my opinion after using all the above iem with my fw1.0 X3. ^^

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #2,292 of 17,481
Jun 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #2,294 of 17,481
Well here's how I see things.

Synergy is a term used to describe how the higher end headphones and their own qualities should be matched with an audio output unit that will best complement that sound.

At the current price range of where we are at. Most units and earphones already complement each other already. This is typically due to the universal sounding nature of most amps and DACs and DAP's at this price range.

I personally don't see the need for the term synergy at the current level. But of course, this is just me.

+1

Although some people NEED others to tell them that an amp has good synergy with their IEMs so that then they will believe and hear it that way :wink:

That being said, if the X3 output is anything like the E17's, seems like whether or not it sounds better with a particular IEM is going to be more of a personal preference thing than some general principle of compatibility that holds true for many listeners.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #2,295 of 17,481
Hi,

Newbie here that have ordered a X3 as well.

Saw the same Chinese review that "opined" that X3 with Klispch X10 is a killer combo that made the reviewer predict that this will be the hot "entry level portable HiFi combo". After reading the review I would say that it is fair that it highlights the good and the bad of the X3 as he saw it. Especially that he is coming from the perspective of seeing a lot of China-made devices.

Please see, if you read Chinese, http://www.shaoerduo.com/news/380.html.

The thing is that in China if you go through the forums/threads about the X3 it is really vicious in terms of the difference of opinions etc. I am sure that James can understand the nuances here about the "gunners" etc.

In fact after reading the review I have beg and borrowed from friends the X10 and Re-400, as well as the JVC HA-S500 to see whether I can replicate his experience or to disprove it. But it makes me hunger for the X3 even more, which I think ultimately is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back