The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 22, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #2,011 of 17,484
Quote:
More reviews and impressions are always welcome that's why, also the explanation was nice too 
wink.gif
 You guys have gifs for everything right? 
biggrin.gif

Oh sure yeah.

I'm also an avid Youtube video maker so expect to see English language videos on the X3 unboxing, how to use, file management, formating etc etc.

"You guys" ? Who is you guys? 
wink.gif
. I belong to the AAML, PC-Fi, TMAC threads of which I count them as my 'home-slices". But I don't see any of my 'home-slices' in this thread besides my Tom Young German friend.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #2,013 of 17,484
If anyone has the x3 and hd6xx could you please report back if the x3 is suffient to drive them? 

Maybe this is a better question. I have the e17 and found that it worked pretty well with the hd650 when I needed to get away from my desk. Should the x3 do as well? 

thanks....

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #2,014 of 17,484
Quote:
If anyone has the x3 and hd6xx could you please report back if the x3 is suffient to drive them? 

Maybe this is a better question. I have the e17 and found that it worked pretty well with the hd650 when I needed to get away from my desk. Should the x3 do as well? 

thanks....

The X3 and E17 are similar in driving power.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #2,015 of 17,484
Quote:
The first X3 video from France !

Oh vraiment!?

Mais, c'est la vie mon ami. Le FiiO X3 est une nouvelle pmp est, il est tres populaire. 

Je ne sais pas qu'il y aura une bonne chance pour un trest tot chance pour acheter une FiiO X3 dans le mois Julliet

Mon francais est un peu terrible. Desloe

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #2,016 of 17,484
JamesFiiO
Jun 1, 2013 at 11:15 pm

yes, the E18 will launch market in Aug and E19 in Nov. we just finish the R/D of E18.

With the shipment delay for x3, i am slightly doubtful that E18, E19 and x5 will be on schedule~ Might have to wait a tad bit longer but i am still going to wait for them :)

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #2,018 of 17,484
Quote:
^^ Nice!! Very excited to see more products. Are there any photos or details to share of the upcoming products?

A lot is on FiiO's facebook.

Some other products that have gotten less attention are

Shure, WEston, UE new recables
D7 DAC(multimedia/home theatre purposes). Not really for HP audio
W1 Audio streamer/receiver

The first two are confirmed and out, whilst I'm not sure if the W1 is receiving attention right now. FiiO posted 3 pictures of the media streamer half a year ago, but no news of it have come from them. It could have been stopped.

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2,020 of 17,484
One thing I notice from the X3 is that it gets quite warm even after playing for only a short while.. *flac files

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #2,024 of 17,484
Quote:

Please do, I own a Z2 and I wonder if getting X3 is worth it, especially since X3 doesnt handle video, I know this is not its purpose but sometimes it's always great to have both on same device.

OK i have been comparing  X3 to Z2  . Features wise of course z2 better it does everything, video , emial, web browser etc.
But the only important factor i assume on this forum is sound.

So drum roll etc ..............  my verdict is , as the z2 is so configurable with BBE and if running a third party music app like  Neutron player 
It is much easier to match the sound to different headphones, eg, iems, portable sennheisers (px200 II) or full size HD600's

As for overall quality no aspect is missing what so ever from Z2  just so much easier to match your phones.
X3 is simple , nice chunky , solid, warm but as you only have the 2 tone controls , it does make life easier.

Do i have a conculsion then? Well if you want to just plug in and listen with out the faff go with X3 

Spend some more time and tweak the user settings on BBE (version 5 ) to match the phone you are using , then Z2 everytime.

If you forced me to only have 1 DAP . I would sell the X3 and keep the z2. but its fun having both !

Damm perhaps i too have to try an X5 to find a real step above the Cowon z2, more money in to this crazy hobby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back