The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #1,276 of 17,484
^^ Perfect!! I'm in GA so that will be a short trip then. f5 f5 f5...
size]
Last I remember. The arrival time is near guaranteed. Not officially but most get it in 4 days.

Their website is pretty barren. But their Amazon counterpart is filled with glowing reviews and no problems.

I also had no problems with them. They bundled stuff and offered good bundle deals and provided quick shipping. They shipped with a cheaper usps pckg so tracking wasnt up to speed but that wasnt their fault.

May 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #1,277 of 17,484
Quote:

I understand what you are trying to accomplish. But you said " no point in spending that much money for having the E17 component of it inside". I don't think the $200 price of the X3 is out of line for your needs. Do you expect to find something that subtracts, say, the $120 cost of the E17 from the X3 and gets you a pure digital source for $80?? Not going to happen. Ever. 

The X3 @ $200 is as good as a digital transport you are going to find, anywhere, at that cost. Get it and bypass the DAC/amp if that's what you want to do. I think a lot of users are going to do exactly that and be perfectly fine doing so. It's still a bargain. 

Agreed. I was just hoping I could find another dap out there that is possibly cheaper though that could act as just a music source though. 

May 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #1,278 of 17,484
Quote:
Last I remember. The arrival time is near guaranteed. Not officially but most get it in 4 days.

Their website is pretty barren. But their Amazon counterpart is filled with glowing reviews and no problems.

I also had no problems with them. They bundled stuff and offered good bundle deals and provided quick shipping. They shipped with a cheaper usps pckg so tracking wasnt up to speed but that wasnt their fault.

Thanks kindly for the info bowei. 

May 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,280 of 17,484
Quote:
Agreed. I was just hoping I could find another dap out there that is possibly cheaper though that could act as just a music source though. 

Given that an ampless and especially DACless DAP would appeal to a very small crowd of hardcore OCD-ridden enthusiasts, the price for such unit would probably only be higher so that FiiO could get back all the money spent on R&D.
Now that the research is done, maybe they're gonna scale the X3 down and make X1 with pretty much the same firmware, provided there's at least some demand for that.

BTW, what's your dream setup? Is there a perfect DAC/amp? Or are you willing to lug around a three-piece combo? Are you sure you're going to be able to hear the difference on the go?

May 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #1,283 of 17,484

I'm keeping an eye on them now,...I want my X3!!! And a USA seller seals the deal,...danka!!! :cool:

May 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #1,286 of 17,484
Quote:
I must have missed this on the product webpage or in the review, but can someone tell me what capability the X3 has (if any) for creating playlists on-the-go (i.e. on the player, not using a computer).

The iPod Classic has many shortcomings but one thing it is fantastic for is creating it's own playlists:

* There is virtually no limit to the number of songs one can include in each playlist (unlike the limitation on the Cowon J3, which is infuriating)

* The iPod Classic allows creation of MULTIPLE playlists (unlike Cowon J3, which only allows one playlist - again, this is infuriating).

* One thing the Cowon J3 is really good for, though, is allowing creation of usable bookmarks, on-the-go.

Anyway, can anyone confirm what capability the X3 has for creation of it's own playlist(s)?

Thanks!

This is important. Anyone?..

May 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #1,287 of 17,484
Quote:
This is important. Anyone?..

What exactly? All of those requests? I can see them being handy, but whether or not it is important is up to you.

May 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #1,288 of 17,484
Quote:

What exactly? All of those requests? I can see them being handy, but whether or not it is important is up to you.

Now this here is important to note. 

Apple's DAP's ruled/rule the world and they don't feature a majority of the stuff that many of us want here. 

Sometimes compromises have to be made. And with that being said, it also needs to be debated if not having a UI feature will kill the device. Many people wanted X on the iPod but never got it implemented. It may have been decided that it would cluter too much, make it not look good, or not be worth it because most don't need the feature.

With my 'other' side argument out of the way. (It's good to be objective 
ph34r.gif
)

I personally do like all the requests you guys make. Because the 'other' DAP's are of course for the regular guys. 
rolleyes.gif
. James may have said that this wasn't exactly audiophile. But we all know who the buyers are going to be. 
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,289 of 17,484
Quote:
Now this here is important to note. 

Apple's DAP's ruled/rule the world and they don't feature a majority of the stuff that many of us want here. 

Sometimes compromises have to be made. And with that being said, it also needs to be debated if not having a UI feature will kill the device. Many people wanted X on the iPod but never got it implemented. It may have been decided that it would cluter too much, make it not look good, or not be worth it because most don't need the feature.

With my 'other' side argument out of the way. (It's good to be objective 
ph34r.gif
)

I personally do like all the requests you guys make. Because the 'other' DAP's are of course for the regular guys. 
rolleyes.gif
. James may have said that this wasn't exactly audiophile. But we all know who the buyers are going to be. 
biggrin.gif

Whoa! Now hang on.

NONE of my quoted post was in the form of 'requests' - it was a discussion of what the iPod Classic and J3 (variously) have had for the past several years, followed by a question as to what equivalent playlist implementation (if any) the X3 has.  It would be rather surprising (and disappointing) to me if there is absolutely no playlist functionality whatsoever on the X3 - it's an extremely common and useful feature for those of us who like to create a playlist according to spontaneous moods whilst out and about, rather than being forced to settle for listening to entire albums, or repeatedly having to re-select alternate track choices, or settling for 'Random' (which does not cater for a particular mood).

If the answer is'No', then I don't see why James can't simply say so, or, instead, inform of us of any playlist provision that, perhaps, may be a part of the X3 firmware.

P.S.:  peace.  Just wanted to be clear, that's all.

May 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #1,290 of 17,484
I have been adding smiley emoticon faces to my posts because people never get my tone. 
frown.gif

I like to type. I'm an avid typer that likes to type on my keyboard.

These posts of mine are just me thinking about the market and how it reacts to these things. Nothing really directed at anyone.
popcorn.gif

Same thing as discussion.  
bigsmile_face.gif
 (smiley face anyone?)

Anyway, I guess I'll always get some people angry at me 
frown.gif
 Sorry if I did. Just me typing and wanting to join in and talk about DAP's. 
font]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back