The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 11, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #16,052 of 17,483
Relative to the red box lid and the white balance in the photo it looks orange.

May 11, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #16,054 of 17,483
Either way it's very cool. I love it when people modify, tweak, customize the things they own.

Nicely done! :)

May 11, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #16,055 of 17,483
Either way it's very cool. I love it when people modify, tweak, customize the things they own.

Nicely done!
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

May 11, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #16,057 of 17,483
Sorry about the quality, my phone's cam is pretty bad.. I painted the X3 because I am not a careful person and tend to drop things, so the X3 was pretty beat up. I wanted to try something new 
biggrin.gif
 Some might not like it and if I were to do it again, I would maybe only paint the sides and tape the brushed back. But overall, I'm quite satisfied. A qualified painter would probably have got a better result and I also did not polish it (yet).

I like it. Good color combo. Reminds me to my W880i mobile which I liked very much almost 10 years ago... :) Still love its design as I look at the pic. :)

May 11, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #16,059 of 17,483
What kind of paint did you use?

Well, this is where I f*d up first haha. I used aluminium primer and then Dupli-Color spray paint. But I used the wrong one (matte red) first and didn't do a good job anyway. So sanded it down again and put on the correct (glossy red) paint. Took around 5 thin layers to get a good cover. Then 3 coats of clear coat. I could polish it, but I don't feel like spending the money on it tbh 
wink.gif
 Also, the paint took really long to dry! I'm guessing the original finish of the X3 isn't an optimal surface to spray paint..
  I like it. Good color combo. Reminds me to my W880i mobile which I liked very much almost 10 years ago... :) Still love its design as I look at the pic. :)

Haha, cool! Those old Walkman phones rocked, I had one myself (not exactly the same).

Bye bye warranty. lol.

Well, I'm just waiting for the X3 to break so I can buy the X5 ii 
tongue.gif

May 11, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #16,060 of 17,483

Well, this is where I f*d up first haha. I used aluminium primer and then Dupli-Color spray paint. But I used the wrong one (matte red) first and didn't do a good job anyway. So sanded it down again and put on the correct (glossy red) paint. Took around 5 thin layers to get a good cover. Then 3 coats of clear coat. I could polish it, but I don't feel like spending the money on it tbh 
wink.gif
 Also, the paint took really long to dry! I'm guessing the original finish of the X3 isn't an optimal surface to spray paint..
Haha, cool! Those old Walkman phones rocked, I had one myself (not exactly the same).

Well, I'm just waiting for the X3 to break so I can buy the X5 ii 
tongue.gif

I'm going the AP100 route
tongue.gif

May 12, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #16,063 of 17,483
X3 1st Gen can fit more than 64Gb card yet? 

I don't know the technical aspects but.. can firmware updates make it possible to carry a 128gb? 

Or am I good to go by throwing a 128 card in there? I have no clue. I don't want to buy a 128 card and have no where to put it.

May 12, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #16,064 of 17,483
  X3 1st Gen can fit more than 64Gb card yet? 

I don't know the technical aspects but.. can firmware updates make it possible to carry a 128gb? 

Or am I good to go by throwing a 128 card in there? I have no clue. I don't want to buy a 128 card and have no where to put it.

It already supports 128gb micro sd card 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back