The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 15, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #15,451 of 17,481

Nope! The same thing is happening with what is stored on there as well, though. I tried removing the preloaded album-- since it shows up as several artists it was getting on my nerves-- and it's doing the same thing. 

Do you see a .RECYCLER (or similar) folder when browsing the FiiO drives -select to show hidden files, if needed-? If yes, check if the deleted files are still in there.

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #15,455 of 17,481

Nope! The same thing is happening with what is stored on there as well, though. I tried removing the preloaded album-- since it shows up as several artists it was getting on my nerves-- and it's doing the same thing. 

Do you see a .RECYCLER (or similar) folder when browsing the FiiO drives -select to show hidden files, if needed-? If yes, check if the deleted files are still in there.

I see the System Volume Information on it (windows)

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #15,456 of 17,481
Does 3.34 not play mono mp3's?  I have audiobooks that aren't playing back properly when they were before.  I think they play because the play timer ticks properly, but the mono channel is not routed to both stereo channels and instead goes... nowhere.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #15,457 of 17,481
I see the System Volume Information on it (windows)

You can delete that, but windows will tell you that the sd card needs to be fixed.
And you can't delete it from windows.

Does 3.34 not play mono mp3's?  I have audiobooks that aren't playing back properly when they were before.  I think they play because the play timer ticks properly, but the mono channel is not routed to both stereo channels and instead goes... nowhere.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Interesting error.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #15,458 of 17,481
So I updated my firmware to 3.3 the other day and something has happened to file names/tags. When I play a file it lists "unknown artist" and lists the full file name, not the tagged artist or tagged song name.  I can't figure out how to fix this, wasn't a problem on the earlier firmware version.  Any ideas. In the settings I have "title" selected for the display file name section.

The only way it shows the song name is if the actual file name contains it, otherwise its always "unknown artist" and something like abc2015-03-13set1track05.flac"

Thanks

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #15,459 of 17,481
So I updated my firmware to 3.3 the other day and something has happened to file names/tags. When I play a file it lists "unknown artist" and lists the full file name, not the tagged artist or tagged song name.  I can't figure out how to fix this, wasn't a problem on the earlier firmware version.  Any ideas. In the settings I have "title" selected for the display file name section.

Thanks

Update to 3.34 fw...

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #15,461 of 17,481
Mar 18, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #15,462 of 17,481
One thing I wish they would update is to keep the tag visible for the entire song. I think its odd that you only see it for a few seconds at the beginning or when you skip forward/back to a different track. Does anyone really care about the technical file name at the bottom?  Why not just have the tagged song name constantly displayed there instead?

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #15,464 of 17,481
So got a chance to update to 3.34 and while the artist name is finally there the tagged song title is not. It still displays the technical file name above the artist. What? Why would you eliminate a basic feature like song title tags in a firmware update?

You can go the system menu ..and change the display option to filename or song title ..provided there are properly tagged ....cheers :D

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #15,465 of 17,481
You can go the system menu ..and change the display option to filename or song title ..provided there are properly tagged ....cheers :D

They are definitely properly tagged since they displayed correctly on the earlier firmware version as well as my MediaMonkey library. Doesn't matter if I select filename or title it always displays filename.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back