The Fiio X3 Thread.
Feb 10, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #15,196 of 17,484
Firmware 3.3 is wonderful. It simplifies your life. No need for pesky artist names in your files anymore. Every artist is now "unknown artist".

The artists become known again though if you use the quick menu to get to the file info
biggrin.gif

I have lots that seem to say unknown artist even in the info menu. I recorded some music through Audacity, named and tagged each track including the artist name, album and year. It says all are unknown. It isn't a problem though because I always get to my music with the browse files option and it sees everything there. It is just once I play them that everything is unknown. Everything that I record, I save as a 320kbps Mp3. However, I once tried an ogg, and the X3 then seems to sees all the information I tagged in the quick menu. It never sees any of that info in the quick menu if they are Mp3s. If they are ripped from a CD, it has the info then.

But as you say, while playing the music, almost every track says Unknown artist. About the only thing that doesn't say Unknown artist whole time is my first and only 24bit flack album.

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #15,198 of 17,484

Firmware 3.3 is wonderful. It simplifies your life. No need for pesky artist names in your files anymore. Every artist is now "unknown artist".

The artists become known again though if you use the quick menu to get to the file info
biggrin.gif

But as you say, while playing the music, almost every track says Unknown artist. About the only thing that doesn't say Unknown artist whole time is my first and only 24bit flack album.

My FLAC files don't exhibit the problem, they say the artist in both on the main screen and in the file info (same on the sony walkman A17 on now playing and in the Options Menu > Detailed Information) maybe tagging issues

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #15,200 of 17,484
I think I'm rocking 3.4 beta or something. whichever one added the battery percent info. It's been fine. 

The Firmware with the percentage as the battery indecator was 3.24b. Some people liked it but for me, it was not accurate at all. I could never get it to 100%. It would never really get further than 80% even though I knew it was full.

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #15,201 of 17,484

The Firmware with the percentage as the battery indecator was 3.24b. Some people liked it but for me, it was not accurate at all. I could never get it to 100%. It would never really get further than 80% even though I knew it was full.

So does 3.3 not have the percentage battery indicator, because its been working fine for me and I've gotten used to it. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #15,202 of 17,484
New firmware for the X3!
http://www.head-fi.org/t/742014/official-x3-firmware-thread-3-34beta-removed-5800-song-limit-play-through-folders-happy-chinese-new-year

The following changes and improvements were made to firmware 3.34beta compared to FW3.30:
1. Path memory feature: Pressing the Back button from the Now Playing screen will now always take you to the folder / album / etc. from which the current song is selected. This is true even after navigating to the main menu or powering the X3 off and back on.
2. Removed 5800 song limit on number of songs that may be indexed by the X3 media library.
3. Added option to play through folders: ie skipping to the first song in the next folder after the last song in the current folder.
4. Added option to delete a whole folder.
5. Added feature to display ID3-based song title rather than filename in Now Playing screen. (feature was introduced in 3.30 but broken; fixed now)

Happy Chinese New Year :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 10, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #15,203 of 17,484
Downloading now will install when done.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #15,206 of 17,484
Incredible update! No more unknown artists, properly displayed song title, great navigation improvement (except for a long press back button now is "delete folder").
Great job Fiio! 
Thank you!

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #15,207 of 17,484
Wow.  This is very great. 

You seem to have addressed the great majority of many wish lists.

Nicely done.

I just found all the obvious menu choices.  Great that you made the skip to next folder option selectable, as I know that is how most users would want that to be approached.

Hoping to find that a long press of one of the buttons provides a quick way to the tone controls.  Even without that, you hit so many high points.  Kudos.

On a completely unrelated note, I just received a discounted set of B&W P3 headphones and tried it out on this unit.  I was very disappointed in the P3.  I thought it had a bloated low end.  The FIIO is so smooth, and the B&W put a damp cloth over the whole affair.  Not recommended for my sensibilities.  I went back to my other headphones.

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #15,209 of 17,484
Just got the new FiiO X3 2nd Generation (X3K)

Release is sometime in April

The most put-together unit FiiO has ever produced. 

It feels extremely solid this time around. It no longer has a wobbly un-stabalized wheel that the X5 and X1 had issues with. It's buttons are also backed by some serious clicking feel this time. It's a bit softer with more cushion for some reason while retaining its 'click'. May be due to button type and tolerances.

The type of texture on the X3K is also different than the X1. No idea what it is but it may be CNC?

I believe the back is also metal unlike the X1. Mine came with a screen protector for the back pre-applied with no extras so I do not want to remove it. 

General Features that are Notable:
Dual crystal oscilators
new DAC (never before used by FiiO) that is the Cirrus Logic CS4398 (192/24)
Native Hardware Level DSD Support
Asynch USB

Function as USB DAC
Digital Output to another source
Line output to another amplifier
USB OTG for Storage
128GB mSD Support
New HardwareSleep/PowerSaving functions
Playlists

Users who are viewing this thread

Back