The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #13,591 of 17,484
  To me it just seemed like my battery life was shorter than expected (~8 hrs or so). I guess I was just underestimating how much power my earphones (pfe111) would suck up - plus the odd hi-res, turning screen on, etc. I ran a benchmark similar to the advice Fiio gave (flac on repeat, this time using my gr07be) and I got something like 12-14hrs before it shut down, so it seems like everything is all fine and good. I might still end up getting a battery as a spare just in case (it is only $15 USD after all).

You emailed Fiio about battery replacement for the X3 and they sent you instructions on how to do it I think you said in a previous post. you said it seemed as easy as using a screwdriver. So there would be no soldering or anything like that? Just removing the enclosure and replacing the battery? I guess you'd need a tiny screwdriver too. I've had my X3 for a year now and I can't tell if the battery life is shorter or not but I might want to get a spare too if it's easy to replace. Either that or a spare X3.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #13,592 of 17,484
lithium batteries degrade with time, even if not in use. better is order battery, when yours is gouing to bad, not "for any case".
Store lithium is better at about 60 percent charge ( not full) and at temperatures just bit bellow freezing point ( i think, fridge with its usually +2 - +5 celsium be ok.
Thats, who i read about Li batteries some time ago, when interesting in this aspects...

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #13,593 of 17,484
The X3 doesn't last that long for me either but it doesn't really bother me. I almost always charge my X3 from this now:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EP6SA6Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

It comfortably charges the X3 just over 4 times and I find it very useful for all my other devices too, especially when I am out somewhere with no convenient place to charge them. It is very good that the X3 works while charging too because I can put both this charger and the X3 in my pocket at the same time. I also bought a right angled micro USB cable so I could still have the X3 sat upright while charging.

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #13,597 of 17,484

I downloaded 3.2 which appeared to be the latest one on the Fiio website? Maybe there is a later version I need to get.  What is the latest one?

I found 3.2 to be one of the most unreliable firmwares out of them all. It just had too many issues for me to stick with it. I am on 3.22b at the moment. Didn't think much of 3.24b but you can give them both a try if you go to this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/742014/x3-firmware-3-22-3-24beta-m3u-playlists-5-band-eq-nooneleftbehind
The main difference between the two is the battery level indicator. In 3.24b, a number shows the percentage left but I found it very hard to read and also very unpredictable. 3.22b had 5 bars to show the battery level. This seems to be more accurate. I also find both of these firmwares to be an improvement in sound over 3.0 and 3.2.

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #13,598 of 17,484
i just bought this player last week and till now i still do not seem to understand its sound signature. currently on FW 2.14b as most people claim that its the best sounding version available and I have to agree with them. I have 16/24-bit FLAC files and don't listen to MP3's.

But why is the Voodoo'd Samsung Galaxy S1 together with PowerAMP app still sounds better that this $200.00 player? Can anyone explain why?

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #13,599 of 17,484
i just bought this player last week and till now i still do not seem to understand its sound signature. currently on FW 2.14b as most people claim that its the best sounding version available and I have to agree with them. I have 16/24-bit FLAC files and don't listen to MP3's.

But why is the Voodoo'd Samsung Galaxy S1 together with PowerAMP app still sounds better that this $200.00 player? Can anyone explain why?

Well I guess the 1st question would be what headphones are you using with this. Also no one said this is the best player out there, it is however very powerful and a good DAP.

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #13,600 of 17,484

may be you are an eq user and X3 does not do it for you ?

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #13,603 of 17,484
I didn't say that its the best sounding player, I was referring about the FW 2.14B which most claims that it's the best for the X3 in terms of SQ. Has anyone heard the sound of the Voodoo'd Galaxy S1? I am making a comparison right now and it beats the X3 on overall SQ. Anyways, i am using Sony MDR-EX510 IEM which is offers a neutral response and sound.

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #13,604 of 17,484

You emailed Fiio about battery replacement for the X3 and they sent you instructions on how to do it I think you said in a previous post. you said it seemed as easy as using a screwdriver. So there would be no soldering or anything like that? Just removing the enclosure and replacing the battery? I guess you'd need a tiny screwdriver too. I've had my X3 for a year now and I can't tell if the battery life is shorter or not but I might want to get a spare too if it's easy to replace. Either that or a spare X3.

No soldering necessary.The battery has a plug connection. Check out the X3 mod thread if you want to see inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back