The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #13,576 of 17,484
experience tells. some weeks ago i change the touchscreen on chinese smartphone - also i cannot find any instructions about procedure, all going to ok. I think, battery change must be much easier....

Indeed....i am not talking about changing the battery of the x3 .. I am talking about opening & assembling it again !! :D
Hold & reset buttons are a bit problematic and the main difficulty in the process

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #13,577 of 17,484
Indeed....i am not talking about changing the battery of the x3 .. I am talking about opening & assembling it again !!
biggrin.gif

Hold & reset buttons are a bit problematic and the main difficulty in the process

You can be a good lad, and put in youtube videoinstruction about process :)

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #13,579 of 17,484
My only advice is : While you are opening the player make attention to the hold button and notice how it is inserted to be able to insert it again as it is .... See this thread : http://www.head-fi.org/t/669830/fiio-x3-mod-ad8397-to-ad8620 it may be helpful

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #13,580 of 17,484
Just to know opening the player is not that easy ... It is not so hard but it is not that easy too specifically for non experienced person

Actually, according to the email I got from Fiio, they include a new hold button with the battery. The instructions just tell you to cut it off when disassembling, and stick the new one on when putting it back together. Don't know about the reset button, but it seemed to me like the skill needed was being able to operate a screwdriver. I can post the instructions I got if anybody would like to have a look at them, and Fiio has no objections. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #13,581 of 17,484
  Actually, according to the email I got from Fiio, they include a new hold button with the battery. The instructions just tell you to cut it off when disassembling, and stick the new one on when putting it back together. Don't know about the reset button, but it seemed to me like the skill needed was being able to operate a screwdriver. I can post the instructions I got if anybody would like to have a look at them, and Fiio has no objections. 

Very good. That means, seller is FiiO, and not need to search for battery over various ebay seller and try to decide, what battery may be "fake"...

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #13,582 of 17,484

I just got my Fiio X3 and sorting out how to use it.  Just one question, I downloaded the latest firmware and I noticed that the gapless playback isn't working as there is a little gap between tracks which is annoying.  My files are m4a's from iTunes.  Is there anything I can do to get rid of the gaps?

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #13,584 of 17,484

I just got my Fiio X3 and sorting out how to use it.  Just one question, I downloaded the latest firmware and I noticed that the gapless playback isn't working as there is a little gap between tracks which is annoying.  My files are m4a's from iTunes.  Is there anything I can do to get rid of the gaps?

From what I can tell, the latest beta firmwares (3.22 and 3.24) both don't have any issues with gapless at all. My tracks join together perfectly. Not even with a small click sound from what I can tell. FW 3.0 and 3.21b were not perfect with gapless. Which firmware are you running?

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #13,585 of 17,484

I have a lot of m4a's from iTunes too and I get gaps between tracks (live albums only I mean). I'm using FW3.22 but I still got gaps with FW3.24 too. Just something they haven't fixed yet.

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #13,587 of 17,484
Hey guys, I've been reading a lot about the Fiio, and I plan to purchase it next week. One question remains, though. How is the Micro SD situation? It appears to be able to read cards up to 128gb, but I've also heard it only reads FAT32. Supposedly the X3 can format the SD card to FAT32, but I've read that many people are experiencing complications, as the X3 is failing to do that. 

Can someone please confirm if SD card formatting is stable (For the latest firmware, 3.24) for cards above 32GB? And if so, could you please share with me the exact card you're using? Thank you.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #13,588 of 17,484
  Very good. That means, seller is FiiO, and not need to search for battery over various ebay seller and try to decide, what battery may be "fake"...

I'll also point out that Fiio was very quick to reply with all the info I need should I choose to get a battery (luckily my battery seems to be fine). Just send them off an email, and they'll tell you what you need to do.
Cheers.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #13,589 of 17,484
BTW, why you think, your battery is soon going to die?
What is symptoms?
Today make a purchase of x3. Hope, until cristmas it arrive. Also now must be think, where i can borrow 200e for month, because until christmas also need to buy an motorcycle for travel to norway in next summer :)

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #13,590 of 17,484
To me it just seemed like my battery life was shorter than expected (~8 hrs or so). I guess I was just underestimating how much power my earphones (pfe111) would suck up - plus the odd hi-res, turning screen on, etc. I ran a benchmark similar to the advice Fiio gave (flac on repeat, this time using my gr07be) and I got something like 12-14hrs before it shut down, so it seems like everything is all fine and good. I might still end up getting a battery as a spare just in case (it is only $15 USD after all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back