The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 14, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #13,216 of 17,484
I believe he is asking about the X3. I love my X3, I preferred it to my Sony zx1 when I had it. It's small, powerful, and sounds quite good. It's not as black as my zx1 was, or my Rwak120b, but for portability it's amazing. Zx1 I always felt I needed an amp, not with the X3. I listen to multiple different genres.

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #13,217 of 17,484
Hi 

I owned a Fiio X3 and love it. The Fiio X3 provides a Line out,coaxial out and headphone jack and excellent beta FW 2.14b & 3.21b.

You may also consider Fiio X1 and simple and a level down from X3 and also provide excellent music playback.

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #13,218 of 17,484
Thank you for your replies.

Actually, I would like to buy X1 but I have DSD archive and I need to use it with my notebook as DAC.

I dont want to hear bass like a bass head device, I hope X3 is not very dark and play musics without detail. I mean I hope the bass of X3 is not cover mid range.

Because I need very clear mid range. I dont want tu use DX50 because of hiss and treble issues. And as I said I need to use it as DAC.

Welcome to new comments :wink:

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #13,219 of 17,484
@ardacumhur
I feel the same way as you about bass and I love the sound of the X3. It's certainly not bright but don't lack in detail and clarity either. It doesn't sound cold or analytical but not overly warm or bassy either, just right (at least for me :wink: ).

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #13,220 of 17,484
  Hello

I have Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition and I would like to buy a new Fiio X3.

I'm listener of acoustic musics, instrumentals, symphonies, classical, jazz, blues, country musics.

It will be a good choice? 

I'm waiting your comments.

Thanks

You should buy Hifiman Hm-601le  for those genres 
wink.gif

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #13,221 of 17,484
  Hello

I'm listener of acoustic musics, instrumentals, symphonies, classical, jazz, blues, country musics.

Thanks

I listen to classical music and is quite good (the fiio x3) love it, i have sony XBA-H3 IEMs so perhaps that makes a difference too

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #13,222 of 17,484
  Hello

Thanks

I have both,you will be very happy with the combo especially for the genre you are stating. You can get the X3 really cheap now.

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #13,223 of 17,484
  Thanks all for the love for my theme. However I'm going on a work strike until we finally get playlists, and they fix the artwork scaling
wink.gif

A big problem I'm having now is the darn x3 keeps "losing" the sd card. I'm listening to music, in the middle of a song it just quits playing and gives me "file not found" for every track on the card. Internal memory works fine. Even if I try to use the browser I'll get a "format unsupported" or something like that. Eject the card, reinsert and all is well for a short time. Had this prob with the past few versions. Running a test on my card to see if it ain't fubar (has to be my 64gb card too (Kingston BTW)), and using my other 32gb (sandisk) to see if it isn't a hardware problem.
Anybody else have a similar prob?

Definately a +1 on this it's REALLY annoying!

On the upside, i've just updated to 3.21 and noticed the improvement in sound, it's more '3D' now, more musical and foot tapping compared to 3.2.

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #13,224 of 17,484
  x3 sounds with authority in bass
se215 is bassy
the combination is basshead delight to some extent
fantastic for on the go where you want bass to balance little outside noise

Yeah it does have some bass. Could do with a bit more definition, a bit more detail though. I notice alot is lost when compared with say the Ibasso DX50.

Also, on another issue, I notice some instruments quietly 'sitting in the backgroud'. I wish they could make them come forward more :frowning2:

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #13,225 of 17,484

Yeah it does have some bass. Could do with a bit more definition, a bit more detail though. I notice alot is lost when compared with say the Ibasso DX50.

Also, on another issue, I notice some instruments quietly 'sitting in the backgroud'. I wish they could make them come forward more

people say dx50 is neutral relative to x3 ofcourse not completely neutral
sitting in the background - may due to its dark sounding nature
whats your gear

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #13,227 of 17,484
  people say dx50 is neutral relative to x3 ofcourse not completely neutral
sitting in the background - may due to its dark sounding nature
whats your gear

My cans are Sen HD439's - a low end pair of 'over the ear's  but they are pretty neutral imho so I find them a useful tool to compare DAPs at the like.

I come from a Ipod touch -> Pure i20 -> Rega Ear  setup which was pretty damn cool. Got fed up of itunes and now have the X3 and DX50 (with connection issues, it's going back for a warranty repair). It's not as good as the previous setup but I am happy to accept the compromise - especially since Fiio keep improving the sound quality....keep going Fiio!!!

I plan to get some Musical Fidelity EB-33s IEMs, they should sound pretty sweet. I tried their bigger bro the EB50's which were incredible [and all should try them out ] *but* TOO neutral and really shone a harsh light on the brightness of the X3. Apparently the EB-33's are like the 50's but without the openness in the treble so that's why I'm going for them.  

What you got?

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #13,228 of 17,484
I've been reading multiple posts lately where the posters claim that X1 is superior to X3 in sq. I find this hard to believe an it doesn't seem as if any of the persons claiming this has actually ab'ed them.

So I was wondering if anyone here has ab'ed them (I'm only interested in direct comparisons) and would care to comment on the differences between the two.

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #13,229 of 17,484
I have both. I've done a little comparison, but plan on doing more over next few days. X3 is definitely more powerful, has a darker sig it seems as well. Both sound very good to my ears, X3 I fell in love with instantly, X1 not as much but after trying different phones, it sounds really good.

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #13,230 of 17,484
OK, intersting. So you would say that they sound different rather than one being better than the other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back