The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #11,896 of 17,481
  Heyyy what did you do with the poor X3? 
redface.gif

Added a little bit of internal memory)

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #11,898 of 17,481
Jul 31, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #11,900 of 17,481
Met with a fellow head-fier last night, testing out the X3 with my JVC SZ-1000 headphones.  It really opens them up over using the old iPod and E17.  I was super impressed with the clarity, and general hi-fi sound out of the X3.  It was clean power to really open up the 1000's, which are hard to drive to my preferences (notorious basshead), and the X3 did it easily.  I was so impressed, I ordered one.  Can't wait to get the shipping notification, and to have it in my hot little hands.  Already have a 128Gb memory card on the way, so I should be set for a while.  I love the fact of having SSD memory over my iPod, means I can use it in more situations, and not worry about damage to the HDD.  
L3000.gif

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #11,901 of 17,481
  Did not I, and my brother. He replaced the internal memory chip on the adapter for microSD.

Really nice done, good to know that is possible, so you can have with this mod 256 GB storage with two 128 GB mircoSD cards <3

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #11,902 of 17,481
  Did not I, and my brother. He replaced the internal memory chip on the adapter for microSD.

Nice Work!
I'll look into this a little further!

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #11,904 of 17,481

Can you provide us with more details on exactly what was done (including part numbers)? I see some white wire jumpers and assume those are all required for the mod (so you can address the extra memory). Thanks...

Dale

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #11,905 of 17,481
I have a clip+, a clip zip, and an X3. I can hear the difference during my commute, but only with good, isolating headphones/iems, and with the volume turned up higher than I would normally listen (I generally have the volume on the low side of average). So, I use the clip zip unless I'm going somewhere where I can listen to music when I arrive, or if I'm in the mood to turn the music up! Actually, the clips are so convenient, I usually take one along anyway, in case I want to listen to the radio.

Makes sense to me! cheaper player for noisy places and where it might get damaged, better one for where it's worth using. i have a similar attitude towards IEMs~ never leave home without them. for tim sake of a few grams, why bother?

Jul 31, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #11,906 of 17,481
Can you provide us with more details on exactly what was done (including part numbers)? I see some white wire jumpers and assume those are all required for the mod (so you can address the extra memory). Thanks...

Dale

+1

I'd be much more courageous if I had more specifics :wink:.

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #11,908 of 17,481
  Just an idea, if we open an new Thread "Fiio X3 Mods"  just thinking aloud 
biggrin.gif

There already is one... sort of... it's been dedicate to changing the op-amps in the X3 to achieve a different sonic signature:

FiiO X3 mod - AD8397 to AD8620

Not sure if ClieOS wants to make it a general mod thread.

Dale

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #11,909 of 17,481
Ohhh Yesssss I remember that DAC  mod !!!  
I just telling this, because this thread is so so big now, I could read only the las 100 pages, this night I will try to read 100 more jejejej 
But no problem luckily the forum has a good search engine !! 
wink_face.gif

Finally I could get very good audio quality from the Fiio X3 as external DAC using Audirvana (Vox and Itunes distorts the sound, sure these applications are altering the sound).
These are my setting, I guess in this way the audio is delivered to the external DAC with the minimum manipulation.

Anyone has any recommended settings to get the best sound from Audirvana with X3?

Thanks Guys !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back