The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 1, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #11,911 of 17,484
Hello 
It seems that on the Audirvana Site there is only on version the Plus one.
Only tried this one, I do not know if it sounds better, but I can say that the Plus sounds really good paired with the X3.

There is a 15 days trial on the site, try it and let us know 
redface.gif

UPDATE
Anyway testing it with the MacBookPro's internal DAC (using my monitor speakers)  it sounds is 100% better, I do not know what the Apple guys were thinking while adding those exagerated sound processes

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #11,912 of 17,484
Just bought a Vali, and all my problems are now solved, at least for my HD600. On my Shure 215, the x3 sounds better than anything i've had so far, and while i don't like this particular combo (both the Shure and the x3 are quite dark. Together its a bit much), i think it is good enough for portable use. I think i'm very happy with this solution. Rather than buying an x5 in the future, i may actually get a pair of Dunu DN-1000 if i can sell my Shure and i'll be set for good. 

BTW, with the Vali, the x3 sounds noticeably better than the x-fi. In fact, i must say i'm very impressed of its capabilities as a DAC. A pity that the battery still gets used even when fully charged, i really don't feel like i need to get a dedicated desktop DAC. I'm very happy with this combo the way it is. 

BTW, i'm assuming i CAN plug in the Vali directly in the line out, right? That's how it should be, right? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #11,913 of 17,484
Yes Line Out of the X3 to the Line In on the Vali is the "correct" connection. You could use the Headphone Out instead if you wanted a little Bass or Treble control, see which sounds best to you. The volume will have to be turned up quite high when using the Headphone Out to give you Line level output.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #11,917 of 17,484
"Chopin - The Very Best of Chopin (Various, 2005) " when opening the folder it gives me a message : "music files not found" ..... and not opening it !

What format?

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #11,919 of 17,484
Opus format 

Just googled Opus format and wow, you sure picked an obscure format to throw at your X3! Looks like it's very new (2012) and mainly meant for low-latency applications like streaming and lip synching according to the Xiph.org page for Opus. How'd you end up getting a recording in this format?

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #11,920 of 17,484
  X3 does not play opus files ? 

"Chopin - The Very Best of Chopin (Various, 2005) " when opening the folder it gives me a message : "music files not found" ..... and not opening it !

Why the exclamation marks, when the X3 does not claim that it supports this format?
X3
Plays just about every lossless music format.
Flawless sound on the go.

Lossless playback for
APE/FLAC/ALAC/WMA/WAV/DSD
192k/24B

Can you convert your opus file into one of the above supported formats?​

Aug 1, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #11,922 of 17,484
thanks guys for your attention .... it was a question ... and the answer seems to be no .. it doesn't support that so i will try to convert it to a supported format ... just imagined that any thing i through in  it will play it 
biggrin.gif

any information about the release of the next firmware ?? 

Aug 1, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #11,924 of 17,484
How work?

What if Line Out and USB are plugged in, what keeps it upright or does it have that Gummy Bear surface like those 60 degree phone holders they give out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back