The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 1, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #11,926 of 17,484
I've used both Headphone Out and Line Out to different amps. The HO will give you access to the Bass and Treble if you want to adjust those before the amp.

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #11,928 of 17,484
How work?

What if Line Out and USB are plugged in, what keeps it upright or does it have that Gummy Bear surface like those 60 degree phone holders they give out?

There are channels to accommodate the connectors on the bottom. It wouldn't be real hard to knock over but making a wider platform on the bottom would use up more desk space.
The 3D printers have pretty limited capability. Not much choice of materials either on most of them. Have to keep it simple.

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #11,929 of 17,484
Yes, that's why I was using that mostly. What do you keep the volume on the X3? Or do you adjust x3 volume and leave the amp constant?
I did it with previous firmware before the volume numbers changed. What I did was match the HO volume to what the LO volume is and then adjust the EQ from that point. I then leave the X3's volume where it is and use the amps volume control.

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #11,930 of 17,484
There are channels to accommodate the connectors on the bottom. It wouldn't be real hard to knock over but making a wider platform on the bottom would use up more desk space.
The 3D printers have pretty limited capability. Not much choice of materials either on most of them. Have to keep it simple.
Machined out of billet aluminum would be amazing instead of printed.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #11,931 of 17,484
Aug 2, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #11,933 of 17,484
Aug 2, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #11,935 of 17,484

Using Lightwave 3D to design it? Haven't seen much mention of that software these days. Regardless, to keep on topic, have you actually had one of these stands printed? I'd be curious to see what the actual result looked like.

Dale

Let's see if someone prints it. Ha!
Check this out: https://www.lightwave3d.com/news/article/artist-spotlight-salif-ndiaye/

Cool article! If I had the money and the time I'd love to upgrade my old LW5 and learn how to use the new version. Oh well, one can't have too many hobbies. Then again, listening to some light classical via my X3 while learning might be a fun way to merge two hobbies! :D

Dale

Aug 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #11,937 of 17,484
Hello all,

I have just purchased a Fiio X3 and have updated to the latest firmware, version 3. I am having issues with the music on the SD card with the majority of albums being in alphabetical order rather than track list order. I have used mp3tag to check the meta data and the track numbers are on the files.

Any suggestions as playing songs in the wrong order is really ruining my X3 experience.

Cheers,
Dawn

Aug 2, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #11,938 of 17,484
  I'll probably print it tomorrow sometime.

Hey, Thanks! I've read that Slic3r can get hung up sometimes with .obj's trying to figure out what areas are solid. obj's don't define what points are welded. Don't have a .stl export plug-in.
Cura is supposed to handle .obj better. The desk stand is almost entirely hollow, to save on filament and provide a volume of air to keep X3 cool. So if it doesn't look that way in the viewer then maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to go ahead and print. Up to you. Let us know what happens.
Cheers.

Aug 2, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #11,939 of 17,484
You will have to rename your files with the track number as the first part of the filename.

Like:
01 - First Song Name.flac
02 - Second Song Name.flac

And so on, it's a PiTA but I have done this with all my music since day one on various player and never have a problem.

Aug 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #11,940 of 17,484
Hey, Thanks! I've read that Slic3r can get hung up sometimes with .obj's trying to figure out what areas are solid. obj's don't define what points are welded. Don't have a .stl export plug-in.
Cura is supposed to handle .obj better. The desk stand is almost entirely hollow, to save on filament and provide a volume of air to keep X3 cool. So if it doesn't look that way in the viewer then maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to go ahead and print. Up to you. Let us know what happens.
Cheers.

I usually solve that by inporting it to 3DSM and converting it to stl. Usually works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back