The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #10,906 of 17,484

Thanks for the links - I do not understand bugzilla - is this something I have to download onto my system? As opposed to just 'voting' for on the web?

You're welcome! No, you don't have to download anything. Just open a new account in FiiO's bugzilla page. After that you will be able to comment and vote for existing bugs (as well as to submit new bug reports). There are two limitations in voting though: Each user has 25 votes in total and can at most give 3 votes to one single bug.

There are a lot of advantages in using a bugtracking system like bugzilla over a simple webforum like head-fi which I tried to summarize here. I think the most important benefit of the voting feature is that one can see instantly which are the most important issues (i.e. buzzkillers) which is helpful for users as well as the company and their developers. Of course this requires the participation of as many users as possible, therefore I hope you'll join the 294 other users which already registered an account
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #10,910 of 17,484
Got my fiio x3 today. Initial impressions with my dt770 pro is very good. SD card on its way. Hopefully will get tomorrow and will update to v3.0 firmware. Heats up a bit . hopefully v3.0 will take care of it. Need to tag all my music properly I guess..

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #10,911 of 17,484
Got my fiio x3 today. Initial impressions with my dt770 pro is very good. SD card on its way. Hopefully will get tomorrow and will update to v3.0 firmware. Heats up a bit . hopefully v3.0 will take care of it. Need to tag all my music properly I guess..

The heat is normal and won't change with 3.0.

Jun 14, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #10,912 of 17,484
I know I can't expect the screen to be the best thing about the X3 since it serves its purpose of being a very good music player very well. A small problem I have with it is when using it outside on a sunny day. It is almost impossible to see anything on the screen unless I put my hands around it and look at it really closely. I preferred the theme backgrounds you could have on 2.1 as I found the text easier to read.  I don't know how the X3 would be usable on its minimum brightness. Maybe at night in the dark or something. This is where I think the IPS display of the X5 will be much better. From the monitors I have had, I know that IPS is much brighter and has better viewing angles.

At the moment, I use the yellow theme because it seams to me that that is the easiest to read what music is playing. Yellow text on a black background isn't that hard.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #10,913 of 17,484
guys I'll buy soon a X3, wich microsd 64GB class 10 should I buy? are there some brand or model suggested or discuraged with X3 ?? has Samsung a better compatibility than Sandisk or Kingstone?

What about this Samung Pro old model ? http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B009HPFUGI/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=pc

Jun 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #10,914 of 17,484
All of the name brand Class 10 cards that you buy from a reputable dealer will work fine. It's the fake eBay stuff people have trouble with, if you buy from a place that has a good return policy you will not have any issues.

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #10,916 of 17,484
  I can't turn the X3 on when its charging in after the firmware update.

I have just tried this out now. For me it doesn't turn on how it normally does. If I press and hold the power button while it is on charge, nothing happens. Do a quick press while it is showing the image of the battery charging and it comes on instantly for some reason.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #10,918 of 17,484
I'm having no noticeable problems with X3 and I really like it, but from all the complaints I'm reading it doesn't look like the special beta testers for FW 3.0 did a such a great job.
confused_face.gif

Please correct me if I am giving too much weight to the opinions of malcontents.

Jun 14, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #10,919 of 17,484
  I'm having no noticeable problems with X3 and I really like it, but from all the complaints I'm reading it doesn't look like the special beta testers for FW 3.0 did a such a great job.
confused_face.gif

Please correct me if I am giving too much weight to the opinions of malcontents.

Malcontents... Really... You need to give you head a shake pal.

Considering it has been only 6 months after I purchased the X3, I finally have a player that will actually play music without locking up, pausing, freezing or whatever. I can assure you it was not my TAGS or files or Album Artwork causing this issue either...

Now if they can get rid of the stupid wheel based user interface and give us the option of a list interface, and a properly working "Back" (Path Memory) button. I would be happy, providing the sound does not change again with the next Firmware...

One would expect these kinds of problems from a FOSS based code, or is it the company who wrote the BS proprietary base code just really doesn't`t have a clue.
They must have hired Colorfly`s code monkeys, but with the Colorfly C3 you knew the limitations up front and also knew they would never get fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back