The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #10,921 of 17,484

Malcontents... Really... You need to give you head a shake pal.

Considering it has been only 6 months after I purchased the X3, I finally have a player that will actually play music without locking up, pausing, freezing or whatever. I can assure you it was not my TAGS or files or Album Artwork causing this issue either...

Now if they can get rid of the stupid wheel based user interface and give us the option of a list interface, and a properly working "Back" (Path Memory) button. I would be happy, providing the sound does not change again with the next Firmware...

One would expect these kinds of problems from a FOSS based code, or is it the company who wrote the BS proprietary base code just really doesn't`t have a clue.
They must have hired Colorfly`s code monkeys, but with the Colorfly C3 you knew the limitations up front and also knew they would never get fixed.

I've already proved its possible to make a list based theme. Not too hard, you should try making one your self, make it anyway you want.... You can also read many comments - some from myself - about near flawless operation. I really can't say why some folks have nothing but trouble, but others have none. Talk about ymmv.

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #10,922 of 17,484
Trolldragon,

Can you name another sub $200 dap that processes audio as clearly and precisely as the X3?

For those of us whom are not oozing with funds, it is a godsend. 

With it, come some growing pains.  

What is the name of the other sub $200 dap which is clearly superior?  Or do you like to compare Porsche and Volkswagen?

I, for one, knew full well I was purchasing a VW.  And, a damn fine one as well.

Thank you Fiio. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #10,923 of 17,484
  Trolldragon,

Can you name another sub $200 dap that processes audio as clearly and precisely as the X3?

For those of us whom are not oozing with funds, it is a godsend. 

With it, come some growing pains.  

What is the name of the other sub $200 dap which is clearly superior?  Or do you like to compare Porsche and Volkswagen?

I, for one, knew full well I was purchasing a VW.  And, a damn fine one as well.

Thank you Fiio. 

I sure can, the Colorfly C3 for $85 sounds just a good as the X3, if not better depending on your choice of a neutral player or not as the C3 is very neutral and very clean.

You don't need to be oozing with money to have great sound which is another Head-Fi "noob" misconception.

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #10,925 of 17,484
...but from all the complaints I'm reading it doesn't look like the special beta testers for FW 3.0 did a such a great job.:confused_face:

I'll try assume you're not trying too be too much of a jerk with that statement. We beta testers identified a lot of bugs and really tried to make a difference. However, we don't employ the coders, so cut us some slack, man!

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #10,926 of 17,484
  I sure can, the Colorfly C3 for $85 sounds just a good as the X3, if not better depending on your choice of a neutral player or not as the C3 is very neutral and very clean.

You don't need to be oozing with money to have great sound which is another Head-Fi "noob" misconception.

Dammit.  Touche.  I should have been more specific.  

You're right, but I meant with a built in amp. 

At the same time, I should stop blowing sunshine.  I really don't know what I'm talking about!  

Touche.  Dammit!

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #10,927 of 17,484
I'll try assume you're not trying too be too much of a jerk with that statement. We beta testers identified a lot of bugs and really tried to make a difference. However, we don't employ the coders, so cut us some slack, man!

I was "not trying too (sic) be too much of a jerk with that statement."
Just a bit.
smile.gif

I am very happy with my X3 and all the improvements since i bought it (FW 1.05?)
it was more of a comment vis-à-vis the continual expressions of dissatisfaction of various other posters.

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #10,928 of 17,484
I was "not trying too (sic) be too much of a jerk with that statement."
Just a bit. :smile:
I am very happy with my X3 and all the improvements since i bought it (FW 1.05?)
it was more of a comment vis-à-vis the continual expressions of dissatisfaction of various other posters.

Ah, I see. they're too much of a jerk :wink_face:

Seriously though, anyone who wants to complain without signing up to help should either sell their X3 and move on or keep quiet (my humble opinion).

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #10,929 of 17,484
Ah, I see. they're too much of a jerk
wink_face.gif

Seriously though, anyone who wants to complain without signing up to help should either sell their X3 and move on or keep quiet (my humble opinion).

Pretty much my view too.
I apologise to anyone who missed the irony intended
redface.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #10,930 of 17,484
Pretty much my view too.
I apologise to anyone who missed the irony intended :xf_eek:

Sorry if I was overly sensitive. Server ate an important presentation I was working on on Friday, and I was busy working on a home improvement project today, and I HATE home improvement projects!!!

Jun 15, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #10,931 of 17,484
Sorry if I was overly sensitive. Server ate an important presentation I was working on on Friday, and I was busy working on a home improvement project today, and I HATE home improvement projects!!!

You have my deepest sympathy, on both counts (server ate our LDAP last week).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back