The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 29, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #10,546 of 17,483
i am listening now on +4 bass with my se535 for some tracks .... by far the best sounding firmware ..... i noticing the instruments from the front and behind my ears for the first time in songs that i know  well .... clear and clean mid range not constricted and thin like the 2.1 which was fatiguing ..... i cant comment on the treble so much because i only listening with the se535 as i don't own other headphone for now and the treble is its weakness ... so it is just nice treble  
redface.gif

*I said before i would prefer the beta fw sound on that version ... i was wrong this new version is the best so far
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

May 29, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #10,547 of 17,483
Yup - straight from iTunes to the card…what's up with that?

The hidden files in Unix-type OS's just have extra info about the stuff in your folders. I use a free utility called Eject For Windows on my Mac to eject my DAPs and mSD cards after file transfer. Might help.

May 29, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #10,550 of 17,483
  i am listening now on +4 bass with my se535 for some tracks .... by far the best sounding firmware ..... i noticing the instruments from the front and behind my ears for the first time in songs that i know  well .... clear and clean mid range not constricted and thin like the 2.1 which was fatiguing ..... i cant comment on the treble so much because i only listening with the se535 as i don't own other headphone for now and the treble is its weakness ... so it is just nice treble  
redface.gif

*I said before i would prefer the beta fw sound on that version ... i was wrong this new version is the best so far
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I normally listen to my X3 with SE535's. Haven't tried them yet with 3.0 but when I do I'll try 4 on Bass. I was listening to my X5 with B&W C5's over the past few days and the bottom end is really full with them. On the 535's not so much. I like the reduced highs on the 535's due to tinnitus. Don't get it if you can avoid it.

May 29, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #10,551 of 17,483
Well, I used the program and it dropped the extra .prefixed tracks. It is now hit and miss - plays one albums freezes others…what a drag I can't be on board with the party.

May 29, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #10,556 of 17,483
You can always ask FiiO to investigate the possibility. For what I know, X3 still has a fairly strong sale even after X5 release, and they already sold more X3 than X5, so there is the incentive for them to create accessories for it.
I have already inquired with FiiO about the X5/E12 joiner kit to be made for the X3/E12 and they said it would not be made due to the size differences between the X3 and E12... So its bands or 3M dual lock for now.

But both units snuggle very nicely in a Pelican 1020 micro case. :D

May 29, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #10,557 of 17,483
Originally Posted by TrollDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have already inquired with FiiO about the X5/E12 joiner kit to be made for the X3/E12 and they said it would not be made due to the size differences between the X3 and E12... So its bands or 3M dual lock for now.

I won't mind an E12,  X3 Edition
happy_face1.gif
   Even if very slightly thicker than the current E12, but "narrower"  as in just-the right size for the X3?

May 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #10,558 of 17,483
cover art
it was perfect in 2.1
often it is a peace of art literally - and any mutilation is just disrespect.
I don't like it in x5 too - but there is screen aspect ratio problem, can be somehow justified.
just unpacked 3.0 and can't find .ini file for that. dam. can change almost everything in the ui exept centering not stretched cover art.

May 29, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #10,559 of 17,483
I can understand why people say 2.14beta sounds better than 3.0, but give it time. IMHO 3.0 has more naturalness.
What I can't understand is people suggesting X3 sounds better than the X5. Don't get me wrong, X3 sounds amazing and might be the better value, but X5 SQ is just better.

May 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #10,560 of 17,483
I can understand why people say 2.14beta sounds better than 3.0, but give it time. IMHO 3.0 has more naturalness.
What I can't understand is people suggesting X3 sounds better than the X5. Don't get me wrong, X3 sounds amazing and might be the better value, but X5 SQ is just better.

I think it depends on what you look for in the sound. Personally, I like X3 more because of the smoother vocal. X5 does a better job when it comes to a more complex song because it gives the extra clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back